Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: Will my computer run Diablo 3 Beta?

I am pretty sure that is all handled by the GPU now. Physic cards really never took off and most games have the CPU calculate some of the physics. So I guess the answer to your question is no, your not going to need one of those cards.

IncGamers Member

Yea I just talked to the guy, he is cool with $600 but I don't think it has a legit version if windows, because he said he can load either 32 bit or 64 bit version if windows 7.

So I'm really only gaming on this, am I going to be flagged or have problems with the cracked OS?

Thanks Travis

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranie View Post
    Sounds like a good deal. Just make sure its a legitimate copy of windows. Here is a price break down from newegg.

CPU: $190
    GPU 6950: $239
    Motherboard: $175
    Ram: $50
    Dvd driver: $15
    HD: $55
    PSU: $100
    Case: $190

Total: $1014

So if you wanted to buy that all new you would pay over $1k for it. Thats not even including the $150 for windows or the extras he is throwing in. So yea thats a good deal as long as it is all in good shape.

So I'm really only gaming on this, am I going to be flagged or have problems with the cracked OS?
    No.

But well it is illegal.. AND there's a decent chance of getting your PC infected with any cracked stuff.

In all honesty I would not worry about it. If you really want a legit copy then go buy one. But if he is a student then his copy of win 7 includes 32 and 64 bit usually.

IncGamers Member

Thanks guys, I got the pc for $690 with 19" lcd, laser mouse, and gaming keyboard

I think i got a good deal!

picking it up on sunday!

Thanks fellas

IncGamers Member

Whats the difference between NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro and AMD Radeon HD 6450 GDDR5 1 GB? (Which is better?)

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Allright, since this thread is here to help us non-tech-savy people out, here goes. I'm not a hardcore gamer and I dont care about running the game at the max or anything, I just want it to run.
    My current setup:
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400@2.16 GHz
    Mobo: BioStar G41D3
    Memory: 2 x 2GB DDR3 1066 MHz
    Graphics Card: GeForce 9500GT 1GB GDDR3 1600MHz 128bit
    Monitor: 24" HiSense TV 1080p
    Audio: OnBoard Realtek HD

Think that about covers it. I'm not an avid gamer, I just want to be able to have D3 run well enough for me to play it occassionally without me having to invest $1000 in a new setup. Any opinions on how well it would run on my setup would be appreciated.

Edit: I was looking through the list of graphics cards and while my 9500gt is marked 'low', the 9500gs which only has 128-512Mb of ddr2 ram is marked 'medium'. This makes no sense to me. Perhaps the 9500GT that they tested was a worse one than the one I have. Also did a search in some forums and most of them say that the gs is worse than the gt. :S
    The game will be playable at low settings. The GT is indeed better than the GS, this is the performance in ascending order : GS, GT, GTS, and GTX (and also Ultra). The "Diablo 3 Supported Video Cards" is indeed far from perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel View Post
    Is the physics engine in D3 software or hardware based?
    In other words, do you require one of those "physics cards" to get the effects or is it running something like "Havok"?

Anyone know?
    The physic engine for Diablo 3 is an "in-house" engine. It does NOT require PhysX and will primarily run off the CPU so you won't have any benefits from PhysX or any other GPU bound physic technology.

IncGamers Member

Does anything think when Diablo 3 comes out the system requirements will drop alittle?

Last edited by Xadan; 09-09-2011 at 04:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadan View Post
    Whats the difference between NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro and AMD Radeon HD 6450 GDDR5 1 GB? (Which is better?)
    Hi

All these cards are rated "low" on Blizzard's list.

On G3D mark benchmark, they are rated as follow :
    HD 6450 - 371
    7800 GT - 525
    X1950 GT - 763
    X1950 Pro - 826

So far, the X1950 Pro seems to be the best one.

Hope this helps you.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Smashy-1409

Quote Originally Posted by Xadan View Post
    Does anything think when Diablo 3 comes out the system requirements will drop alittle?
    Possible but at this stage I wouldn't count on it.

@Axamas :
    And the reason why that new (HD 6450) card ranks so low is because it's not a videocard aimed at gaming. It's great for video playback though and especially for an htpc with the low profile brackets.

@Tilitoon :
    Yeah, it doesn't look perfect at all and my guess is that those results are from beta testers with several of them having overclocked gpu and/or cpu changing results quite a bit. A card running ok at low could potentially work with medium settings after a good overclock.