Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Re: Will my computer run Diablo 3 Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by AxeX View Post
    Question to any whom might know, been playing the beta on brother's account for some time now so I know I can run the game, but every now and then the game slows down tremendously. I believe I know whats causing it but I thought I'd get a second opinion. Of all the settings that can affect performance, what is the most demanding?

After observing when the slow downs happen, it seems to be the Physics that my PC is hurting on, but that doesn't really make sense since I've never had a problem with physics in a game before, it's always been shadow quality I have trouble on.
    The resolution is probably the setting that affects the most the framerate. Other than that, if you have an NVidia video card, you might want to check out the Ambiant Occlusion setting in the drivers configuration (Nvidia Panel) and turn it off. Then yes shadow quality might be the next thing to check out (it's handled by the video card, so if you don't have a good video card that might be a problem). Then textures, which is also handled by the video card (mainly the memory on it). The physics in DIII are handled by the CPU, this is a specific engine built in-house so it doesn't use NVidia PhysX. If you have a poor CPU, then physics might be impacted. It would help a lot if you would post your computer specs (CPU, GPU, Hard Drive, OS, PSU, Memory).

Quote Originally Posted by fat troll View Post
    Hi There,
    I read through about 10 pages of this thread trying to find an answer, but didnt.

Im looking at buying a laptop for playing D3 on the go while im travelling. While there are plenty of gaming laptops out there, i need something extremely portable. Preferably 11.6" screen, but a 13.3" will be OK (but not bigger). I dont care about video quality (i have my desktop for that) - if it plays with no lag at all on lowest possible settings, 4 player game, i'll be happy. So my question is: is this possible for a small laptop? Almost all 11.6" laptops have integrated graphics only, and even 13.3" ones usually come with very slow video cards (nvidia 540M being about the best available). Has anyone tried running D3 beta on such laptops? Thanks!
    You are right, most of these laptops will have integrated graphics. If it wouldn't have been for playing DIII, I'd say the Asus Zenbook seems to be a very good ultra portable. However it uses Intel Integrated Graphics, so while you will be able to open the game, it won't really be playable (as far as I can tell). Your best options are, like you mentioned, the one with a GeForce 540M or similar which will be 13.3".

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilitoon View Post
    You are right, most of these laptops will have integrated graphics. If it wouldn't have been for playing DIII, I'd say the Asus Zenbook seems to be a very good ultra portable. However it uses Intel Integrated Graphics, so while you will be able to open the game, it won't really be playable (as far as I can tell). Your best options are, like you mentioned, the one with a GeForce 540M or similar which will be 13.3".
    I came across a very good deal locally for a used Acer Timeline X laptop with : Core I5 460M (2.53-2.8ghz), 8gb DDR3 ram, ATI Radeon 5470HD 512MB video card. It fits my size requirements and has a very good battery life to boot. Do you think a 5470HD would be enough to run D3 on lowest possible settings , with no lag, 4player game?

The resolution is probably the setting that affects the most the framerate. Other than that, if you have an NVidia video card, you might want to check out the Ambiant Occlusion setting in the drivers configuration (Nvidia Panel) and turn it off. Then yes shadow quality might be the next thing to check out (it's handled by the video card, so if you don't have a good video card that might be a problem). Then textures, which is also handled by the video card (mainly the memory on it). The physics in DIII are handled by the CPU, this is a specific engine built in-house so it doesn't use NVidia PhysX. If you have a poor CPU, then physics might be impacted. It would help a lot if you would post your computer specs (CPU, GPU, Hard Drive, OS, PSU, Memory).
    Radeon HD 4850
    Pentium Dual-Core @3.06GHz
    Win7
    4GB of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by fat troll View Post
    I came across a very good deal locally for a used Acer Timeline X laptop with : Core I5 460M (2.53-2.8ghz), 8gb DDR3 ram, ATI Radeon 5470HD 512MB video card. It fits my size requirements and has a very good battery life to boot. Do you think a 5470HD would be enough to run D3 on lowest possible settings , with no lag, 4player game?
    At the lowest possible settings, yes. The benchmarks are quite weird though, it seems to score over 100fps @ low in StarCraft 2, but then it goes below 30fps @ medium. This scenario is similar for most of the games. Not sure what is means... I think the data for that video card is not accurate. BUT, I've seen someone run DIII with that video card with the following settings and he got 30+ fps :
    Resolution: 1280x720
    Texture: High
    Shadows: Medium
    Physics: Low

Quote Originally Posted by AxeX View Post
    Radeon HD 4850
    Pentium Dual-Core @3.06GHz
    Win7
    4GB of RAM
    You shouldn't have any problems with those specs. Are you sure it's a client-side lag ? You could try setting the physics to low and see if it helps. But really it seems like it's either Battle .NET (server) or there is a program on your computer that is running in the background that is causing those issues, like a virus scan or something like that.

You shouldn't have any problems with those specs. Are you sure it's a client-side lag ? You could try setting the physics to low and see if it helps. But really it seems like it's either Battle .NET (server) or there is a program on your computer that is running in the background that is causing those issues, like a virus scan or something like that.
    What got me to thinking it was physics was an area in the beta that this slow down kept happening, and thats around the area of Jundar. Specifically, right as the Templar breaks those "barricades" and they fall down the stairs. Other times I see it happen are during very large battles in multiplayer, and when fighting at those 4 pillars before the SK.

EDIT: but now that I think about it, have been playing for a bit (before the outage today) with the physics set to low and it still happened in multiplayer. Will test to see if its a program running thats doing it, but I still believe its client-side as I haven't heard anyone having my particular problem.

IncGamers Member

Wow!!! That's a good idea and I very like it! Thank for your sharing for us.ปั๊มน้ำ

IncGamers Member Chukcharcoales's Avatar

I don't have high hopes for my laptop, but I'll just put this out there:

WILL IT RUN? (I can play sc2 on low btw)

LAPTOP
    AMD Phenom II P820 Triple-core
    14 inch Screen
    ATI Radeon HD 4200 (mobile card)
    4gb Ram

Well if you can play SC2 on low then you can expect pretty much the same thing for DIII.