Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Will my computer run Diablo 3 Beta?

Would my laptop run D3? I don't really care if it's at low, I'm just hoping it will run. Else I'll have to buy me something new. (And yes, I do know a desktop is better, but this is what I'm using for school and I don't game THAT much.)

GPU: Nvidia Quadro FX 770M
    CPU: Intel Core2Duo T9600 @ 2.8 GHz
    RAM: 4 GB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Minai View Post
    Would my laptop run D3? I don't really care if it's at low, I'm just hoping it will run. Else I'll have to buy me something new. (And yes, I do know a desktop is better, but this is what I'm using for school and I don't game THAT much.)

GPU: Nvidia Quadro FX 770M
    CPU: Intel Core2Duo T9600 @ 2.8 GHz
    RAM: 4 GB

Thanks
    Unless you try the sandbox or someone else try it with the exact same video card, nobody can tell you for sure. The NVIDIA Quadro FX 570 is listed as Unsupported, and it is a workstation video card, yours is a notebook version so I wouldn't expect much. If it does run it will be at the very low settings, but like I said nobody would be able to confirm this until they actually try it. I've heard some people are able to get into the game with video cards listed as unsupported, however they probably get ridiculously low framerates, and also if they patch the game at some point, it's not guaranteed that it will still work...

IncGamers Member

perating System: Windows 2.5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3) CPU Type: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz CPU Speed: 2.34 GHz System Memory: 1.96 GB Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Video Card Driver: nv4_disp.dll Desktop Resolution: 1280x960 Hard Disk Size: 465.76 GB Hard Disk Free Space: 390.22 GB (84%) Download Speed: 2.29 MB/s (19.2 mbps)

Do you think I will be able to run d3 beta and release ???

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Namik-2329

Quote Originally Posted by Patient View Post
    perating System: Windows 2.5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3) CPU Type: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz CPU Speed: 2.34 GHz System Memory: 1.96 GB Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Video Card Driver: nv4_disp.dll Desktop Resolution: 1280x960 Hard Disk Size: 465.76 GB Hard Disk Free Space: 390.22 GB (84%) Download Speed: 2.29 MB/s (19.2 mbps)

Do you think I will be able to run d3 beta and release ???
    On yours resolution, easly. I would say medium, maybe some few high settings also.

IncGamers Member

Nice thank you for the quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by acroteras View Post
    I'd love to know how well D3 would run on my machine, now I'm not a computer wiz so please inform me if theres some information missing ^_^

CPU: Intel 2xCore 6600 @2.40 Ghz
    Memory: 4GB Ram
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4770
    Monitor: HP 2309v
    Audio: Realtek HD Audio

It's quite new (probably less than a year old) so theres loads of space and no clutter

Thanks!
    I had a run around the static town to test my FPS

My config is

CPU: Intel Core QX6700 @3.4 Ghz
    Memory: 8GB Ram
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870 1Gb
    Monitor: LG 24"
    Audio: Creative X-Fi Card

and at max beta GFX settings (without triple buffer - as it looked slight worse in my opinion) I got around 57-65fps - it would dip that little bit round the town entrance with fire on the walls - smooth as butter at that speed.

I will be getting a major overhaul - probably AMD Bulldozer or Intel 22nm Ivy Bridge coupled with next gen AMD/Nvidia GFX when there out for the simple reason of - Battlefield 3 and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilitoon View Post
    Unless you try the sandbox or someone else try it with the exact same video card, nobody can tell you for sure. The NVIDIA Quadro FX 570 is listed as Unsupported, and it is a workstation video card, yours is a notebook version so I wouldn't expect much. If it does run it will be at the very low settings, but like I said nobody would be able to confirm this until they actually try it. I've heard some people are able to get into the game with video cards listed as unsupported, however they probably get ridiculously low framerates, and also if they patch the game at some point, it's not guaranteed that it will still work...
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried the sandbox a few minutes ago and that runs pretty fine, so I'm hoping it will run on low with a decent framerate. If not, guess I'll have to save up for a new decent rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Minai View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried the sandbox a few minutes ago and that runs pretty fine, so I'm hoping it will run on low with a decent framerate. If not, guess I'll have to save up for a new decent rig.
    Can you try with fraps so we can get the exact fps ? Also, at what resolution are you playing ?

ppl not in the beta, game's delayed to march 2012,you have half a year to upgrade your rig

I'm surprised how well the game runs on my machine. This is an old tower; last upgraded about 3 years ago, and it wasn't state of the art then, and D3 beta runs fine. Highest detail settings, 1900x1200 resolution, shadows, etc. And my frame rate is fine almost all the time, at least SP. I have not had time for a big MP game yet.

The only big slow down I have is if I take a screenshot via the game itself. Fraps doesn't slwo down too much, but if i forget and hit printscreen, it's about a 2sec lock up. That actually killed my wizard last night in a trapped room full of skeleton archers, where standing still at all was a very bad idea. But hey, the screenshot was cool!

--Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)