Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: Diablo 3 Beta Launcher Link! DOWNLOAD INSIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by MagisterMan View Post
    But can't Blizzard just restrict people from downloading the data? Or would that mess things up for employes and people in F&F beta (if it has begun)?
    Since the download link to the launcher is (for some strange reason) not linked to a B.Net account they can't restrict it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagisterMan View Post
    Also if I install this, could Blizzard detect that when I install the real deal later?
    You should be safe if you don't try to login with your account. I also blocked the client in my firewall, just to be completely safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Not sure if this is going to stay up, I am not sure on the ruling so am leaving it for now, but I do want to offer this to people:

In the ToS you are clearly agreeing to let blizzard know you downloaded and installed this (at least thats how I read it). DO NOT be surprised if something bad happens to your battle.net account because of this. If you are not eligible for the beta even if you get a key from a fan site b ecause you downloaded this, I would not be shocked at all.

Clearly, I could be wrong, and dont want to scare anyone off, but that is my two cents. No whining allowed if you messed up your chances to play the game early
    the link provided is freely available from blizzard own website... it's not even protected by a password.
    plus, hoow can they even trace you back to your bnet account if you don't give it to them?!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glam View Post
    the link provided is freely available from blizzard own website... it's not even protected by a password.
    plus, hoow can they even trace you back to your bnet account if you don't give it to them?!
    All they need to do is compare the IP of the address that downloaded the file with the a matching IP on bnet. Very simple, especially with a company that has the resources that blizzard does

Quote Originally Posted by Jarad View Post
    I wonder if they will pick the beta testers based off the people who have NOT downloaded it already
    I think it is the opposite. We who have gone through suspicious links, downloaded and installed, we have shown that we want to play the game the most out of everyone so Blizzard will send us keys tomorrow!

All they need to do is compare the IP of the address that downloaded the file with the a matching IP on bnet. Very simple, especially with a company that has the resources that blizzard does
    Just don't login then, or change your IP before doing so.

By the way, the downloader requires 14gb of free space at the target location, but the download is only 2.1gb. The full game will probably be 14gb in size.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadbringer View Post
    I think it is the opposite. We who have gone through suspicious links, downloaded and installed, we have shown that we want to play the game the most out of everyone so Blizzard will send us keys tomorrow!
    Damnit, now I am really thinking about installing it LOL. I was playing the "I'm being good and not trying to do things out of turn" card.... crap

You dont have to agree with what I said, but I personally wont listen to people whining over being locked out of the beta if they downloaded this early.

very strong chance it will have no effect on you or your chances of playing the beta, but still something to think about

IncGamers Member

D@mnit, now I am really thinking about installing it LOL. I was playing the "I'm being good and not trying to do things out of turn" card.... crap
    Just download it.. you know you want to!

Great, now everyone is trying to D/L it and it's slowed to a crawl.

Probably better to do it now than when it launches.

http://www.GrugStuff.********.com

an ip does not identify you as a single computer/user. Blizz can see hundreds of people behind the same IP. It's just not enough to ban a bnet account o_O"