Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Diablo 3 Beta Keys - Unused Keys?

Hello.

I am interested in something. I even heard somewhere that this is the practice at Blizzard but I didn't confirm it. Many publishers (EA biggest example) recycle keys.

So if you had a UNUSED Beta key for Bad Company 2, you could use that unused key to get into MoH Beta. It worked for me and many others.

So, this is a question for older members who played betas.

Does Blizzard "recycle" keys? Can a SC2 Beta unused key be used for Diablo 3 Beta? Was there stuff like this with D2/EXP and WC3/EXP?

I have 7 SC2 unused Beta keys (5 from "invite a friend" blizz emails) and 2 from contests.

So, any chance to get into D3 Beta with SC2 Beta keys?

Thanks in advance.

IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 Beta Keys - Unused Keys?

I don't know the answer to your question but I'm angry at you for having unused SC2 beta keys. At one time if I knew you had them I would have tracked you down killed you and stolen them. Why did you need 7 unused keys anyway?

Highly doubt it.
    Can I have one?

I have never confirmed something like this :-|

Did they allow this on purpose or was this an error when setting up the key generation algorithm? From my understanding a 20 digit alpha numeric key has 1.7e44 combinations before the algorithm takes effect.

BattleTag Mick-1457

Slim to none chance this will be possible. I'm pretty sure Blizzard is smart enough to tag their keys to a specific game.

Some of the earliest Blizzcon keys were 'universal.' Some people didn't use them for BC and were able to get into the WotLK beta using them, but I believe they've all since expired. All of the other keys handed out since Blizzcon were specifically intended for their perspective games and I assume have expired by now as well.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Albert Einstein

IncGamers Member

As I said. I got selected in first opt-in. Then after about a month I got email with 2 more keys. Then I opened another account and used a key there. Then I got another 2 keys from that account and so on.

Later, I traded 1 key for some game and rest just left. Didn't have use of them at that time.

EDIT:

If key works I promise to give away 3. I need 3 for myself, cousin and brother of a cousin. Last one will be fr HotS.

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Nizaris's Avatar

Interesting.

And no, I guarantee that they do not recycle keys - or cannot I should say - since they are bound to your battle.net account.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    Interesting.

And no, I guarantee that they do not recycle keys - or cannot I should say - since they are bound to your battle.net account.
    They are not bound. They are UNUSED. Those keys were never typed into bnet "Activate Game".

- Anyway, if this pans out I will have 4 keys to give away. If Flux or anyone else wants to hold a contest for those 4 keys, I'll donate them. Yes, 150-200$ eBay lol. **** eBay.

Anyway, thats it.