I'm trying to hit 117 FCR for lightning without screwing up my MF or my survivability. My gear is:
3 piece tal's (20%)
rare ring (10%)
nature's peace (nilithak)
rare boots (unimportant, can't get FCR boots)
for a total 115% or 2% short. Freaking 2%
So, the obvious choices are:
1) griffon's for 25% (costs me 50% MF and a lot of survivability from life/mana/dr, but I can drop the rare ring and maybe make up some there)
2) eschuta for 10% (costs me 50% MF, and some survivability from vit/resists, still have to use my rare ring)
3) rare circlet, if I can find one that ideally has 2 skills, life/mana, and of course any amount of FCR (this is probably prohibitively expensive for a good one, I'm not rich)
4) break 3 piece tal's, (lots of lost MF, but lots of good gear options open up - arach+skulder+mara?)
5) add tal's hat (get 10% on ammy. Lose a some mana and life, 50% MF, DR, and 2 skills)
6) Forget about 117%, drop the rare ring for an SoJ and sit at 105% for teleport.
Now griffon's seems like the obvious best choice since it ups my damage a lot too, but I'm worried about getting one-shot by nilithak. With shako and energy shield (one natural point TK and ES) a corpse explosion takes away all of my mana and most of my life. I'm worried that if I drop the shako a corpse explosion will one-shot me, even with energy shield. (Not to mention how Tomb Vipers occasionally violate me most heinously)
Eschuta wouldn't cost me as much effective HP, but I've actually grown kind of fond of the occy proc, it's saved me a few times teleporting around, pops me right out of something nasty looking without even waiting for FCR on my next teleport (or caring if I get manaburned). I'm just not sure.
Why oh why aren't there FCR jewels/runes like there are IAS ones? A lousy 2% :(