I'm glad to report that I've made my very first ww barbie since the conception of D2LOD, and I'm enjoying it. However, while I have a whole lotta experience playing other char builds, I am a little noobly when it comes to ww barbies.
How do you fellas deal with physical immunes in PvM?
So far, I'd read Lawbringer runeword works for Frenziers, but since the decrepify proc doesn't activate with ww, should I consider using glimmershred instead?
My current barbie uses ebotdz and beastz, and I am a little worried about the physical immunes I might meet in hell games. Using a merc with reapers toll isn't currently possible as I have decided to avoid using one for this char.
So my question here would be,
1. Does elemental dmg from glimmershred as my offhand gets transfered to my overall dmg using ww?
2. Are there other weapon choices to deal with physical immunes using ww?
3. Should I simply rely on Berserk skill to handle immunes and stay with my current weapons of ebotdz & beastz?
3. Yep, Berserk synergised by Shout works very well. There's no reason to consider anything else
Just for the sake of it:
1. You hit with both weapons at the same time when dual-wielding, but if the elemental damage is on your off-hand then it'll only be applied by that weapon.
Thanks for the advice and info hubb. I guess I'll stick to Berserk skill to handle phy immunes. The reason why I asked was because I'd encountered physical immunes that mana burned, and had to resort to drinking mana pots like a mad man just to take them out.
Actually, I wasn't too keen on using glimmershred as an offhand weapon since it's weapon range is almost nonexistent.
reapers is the best choice to deal with physical immunes bar none. i use it on every barb, and it's great. otherwise berserk (1pt) deals with them nicely.
ps: for berserk it's important to have your best weapon in the main hand(glove) slot,because that's the weapon you swing usually.
Im trying to find a failproof way of dealing with PI and so far no luck. (rather udnergeared , WW build )
1) Howl + Berserk - so so - requires high lv and decent +skill. I dont like it - having 0 def vs big pack is v bad idea , expecially when mana burn is involved. Additionaly as fear is curse mercs decrepify overvrites it.
2) Decrepify - ok if immunity can be removed but slow (PI champions zzz).
3) Corpse explosion - find it working well with mixed pack when blowing some high hp corpses. Downside is i dont expect to have corpse exp item with final gear and it fails vs pi+fire immune.
4) Kingslayer - i dont have it, i see it as safer but slower version of berserk. Gonna try it once i have a more critical items.
that said a mixed pack - pack of ghosts with fanatism + some other champions - my only strategy for this combo is RUN XD