Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: WoRG's 1.07 Crafting miniguide v1.0

For nice blood weapons is a level 86 character enough?

IncGamers Member

Depends...

At level 86, your crafting ilvl will be 56, high enough to get at least 3 affixes (and you can never get high enough to guarantee 4...) but for most elite weapons, it is the qlvl of the weapon that will determine what affixes it can get, not your crafting ilvl...also keep in mind that almost all 1.07 elites are different qlvls than in later patches.

The major 'breakpoints' are qlvl63, which enables Fool's and +2 class affixes on the appropriate bases (wands/knives for necro, orbs/staves for sorc, claws for 'sins, spears/javs/bows for zons, clubs for druids, damn near anything for barb...strangely, +2 pally seems to need a much higher alvl even on scepters)
    qlvl64 enables Cruel
    qlvl67 enables Master's (+AR/%ED) (and King's, but Master's is better...)
    qlvl70 enables +3 skilltab affixes (again, on appropriate bases...)
    qlvl76 enables Grandmaster's (and there are only 3 weapons with a qlvl this high: Giant Thresher, Colossus Blade, and Demon Crossbow)

I HAVE been able to determine that a high enough crafting ilvl on an low qlvl elite weapon will unlock affixes that its qlvl alone could not...Phase Blades, for example, at qlvl63, cannot get Cruel, but crafted Phase Blades of ilvl64-65 CAN!
    Code:
    Bone Gutter
    Phase Blade
    One-Hand Damage: 120 to 136
    Required Dexterity: 145
    Required Strength: 106
    Required Level: 63
    Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
    Indestructible
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 64
    Fingerprint: 0x2242787f
    +404% Enhanced Damage
    +82 to Attack Rating
    Damage Reduced by 11
    Magic Damage Reduced by 10
    331% Damage to Undead
    +394 to Attack Rating against Undead
    WoRG

Thanks

I looked for the qlvl of Thresher but didn't find it. If I use Threshers and want to aim for Cruel and IAS? (Cruel+IAS+Fool's is possible?)

Thresher is qlvl65. I'll let you do the calcs.

Just to be sure, since 1- WorG said that qlvl64 enables cruel 2-fool's and of quickness have lower alvl than cruel 3- Thresher is qlvl65: it's possible to get a craft tresher with all those nice mods?

Gieb all the rubies and jools!

IncGamers Member

It's enuff

40%IAS (of Quickness) is only alvl46, and the other IAS affixes are lower, so crafted Threshers can get IAS, Fools, and Cruel.

WoRG

IncGamers Member

Thanks again for such a great resource- I wish I had this information when I did so much crafting before! Had I been more systematic, I would have realized more things and saved a lot of time and experimenting.

I did need to just now get a 1.07 setup working again (I have some lovely crafted swords there on mules that I was about to bring forward but fortunately before I did I realized I hadn't socketed them in 1.07 yet!) and so I've been doing some targeted crafting and rerolling now that I've got it working again.

One thing I can confirm is the socket from rerolling problem. That is, I've been shopping and rerolling some demon crossbows and using the 3Pgem + item = rerolled item of ilvl 1. I've seen "Artisan's" and "Jeweler's" prefixes but no actual sockets appearing. So that may explain why they never turn up in crafts, as I don't think I've ever seen it. Not that it is missed, as Larzuk dependably does much better, but it does help to explain why sometimes there aren't many affixes visible. It's not easy to see on crafted items, but when a magic item says "artisan's" and there are no sockets, it's pretty clear what is going on! Shopping demon crossbows is a pain and I'm keeping my eyes open for those with "Artisan's/Jeweler's" to see if the non-cube generated ones can get sockets while I try to get more ones to craft. I may also blow a socket quest (I have many from old rushed mules) on a non-socketed Artisan's xxxxx to see if I can at least still add sockets that way.

I still haven't seen the huge ED% (cruel + grandmasters) that should be possible on demon crossbows or giant threshers but I've only done about fifty so far this time. In earlier efforts, I did craft a lot of giant threshers and colossus blades, total probably more than 200, and I never saw ED in the cruel and grandmasters range. In any case, I think it's quite rare to get that combo, much rarer than cruel and quickness, I think, as I have seen a decent number of those including some real amazing ones.

I did see plenty of cruel phase blades in earlier efforts, so that confirms that it's not just the qlvl alone that determines the possible affixes.

I crafted a bit more than 200 Threshers and the best ones I got (then socketed and traded):

Code:
    Bone Barb
    Thresher
    Two-Hand Damage: 52 to 299
    Durability: 65 of 65
    Required Dexterity: 118
    Required Strength: 152
    Required Level: 65
    Polearm Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
    Item Level: 56
    Fingerprint: 0x5af135ba
    +12 to Life
    +229% Enhanced Damage
    Adds 1-3 cold damage
    1% Life stolen per hit
    30% Increased Attack Speed
    Socketed (3: 0 used)

Hailstone Bar
    Thresher
    Two-Hand Damage: 67 to 386
    Durability: 65 of 65
    Required Dexterity: 118
    Required Strength: 152
    Required Level: 65
    Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Level: 59
    Fingerprint: 0x14f35fb9
    +12 to Life
    +321% Enhanced Damage
    +3 to Maximum Damage
    1% Life stolen per hit
    Socketed (3: 0 used)
    High ED is rare, high IAS also. :(

Those Threshers are being put to good use as well!