Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: PvP Fireclaw/Shock Summoner Hybrid

I'd love to hear any other questions/comments if anybody has any!

BattleTag gothicwolf-2141

I love shapers and different biulds , I've tried a full fc bear with top gear useing shockwave then fc and got badly owned off anyone who put on hotspurs or nokazon on I'd like to meet up in game for a few friendly duels to see how it works I've got acc On east
    Accs gothic-wolf I'm on at about 11-2 on eu time I think it's about 7-10 on east might make one if it's hot

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hartside View Post
    I love shapers and different biulds , I've tried a full fc bear with top gear useing shockwave then fc and got badly owned off anyone who put on hotspurs or nokazon on I'd like to meet up in game for a few friendly duels to see how it works I've got acc On east
    Accs gothic-wolf I'm on at about 11-2 on eu time I think it's about 7-10 on east might make one if it's hot
    Hell yeah haha, I added you on east; my account name is Amphetamine1

I'm off to work ( second job ) I'll be online about 6 hours from now I'll add you when I get online

IncGamers Member

6/27/11 Update:

Battle Analysis

Melee/Bear Sorceress

-If the Sorceress is in human form, you will want to equip Beast, a Stone of Jordan and 99% FCR equipment; if the Sorceress is in Werebear form then you'll want to equip Wizard Spike or Doom and the rest of your 163%/99% FCR Equipment. Always use Aldur's Advance for boots, the 40% bonus to Run/Walk Speed is extraordinarily important.

-This fight is similar to the Hammerdin and Smiter in the fashion that most of this archetype Teleport or run, so kiting remains your most viable way to defeat them. Against a human form Melee Sorceress, stay in bear form and continuously recast bear on yourself or your next location; against a Werebear form Sorceress you can effectively kite them and turn to spam Shockwave, which is amazingly effective in 163% FCR Equipment and should yield a victory for you. You do not want to be in melee range of your opponent at any time during the fight.

***Make sure to keep Heart of Wolverine up consistently as well, it makes your 43 Summon Grizzly hit as hard as a 46 Summon Grizzly when used in conjunction with Beast.

-Trapping your opponent in Shockwave can be effective as well, just like the Necromancer fight; remember that when you run off of their screen and provoke chase that it is the perfect opportunity to lay down a Shockwave field in their direction (65% of the time they will land in it and be stunlocked).

***Also, after Shockwave, remember to time your movements from standing to running so that you leave your standing position immediately when they Teleport on top of you; this ensures that they won't hit you, and they'll probably get annoyed after awhile and ruin their own strategy by giving chase again (which allows for another attempt at a Shockwave Trap).

IncGamers Member

6/30/11 Gear Update:

-Jeweler's Ward of Deflecting, 4 open socket (putting 4x 5/5 Fire Die Proc facets inside); if I use in conjunction with Breath of the Dying or Beast I can substantially increase my fire damage while retaining max block for melee combat.

Well mate after the friendly duels I'm gunna stick with the wolf Ive statted back to full fury gunna see if I can get the number 1 spot back if connection holds up

IncGamers Member

Well mate after the friendly duels I'm gunna stick with the wolf Ive statted back to full fury gunna see if I can get the number 1 spot back if connection holds up
    Sounds fun, good luck.

Have you managed to improve it any ? I think I had about 10.5k life with rabies set up on ,when I swapped to fury only I had about 9.6 i used 86 fhr set up with both set ups I've only ever had any trouble with 1 bear and that's a friend who uses grief pb and maul , shockwave which is effective

IncGamers Member

Have you managed to improve it any ? I think I had about 10.5k life with rabies set up on ,when I swapped to fury only I had about 9.6 i used 86 fhr set up with both set ups I've only ever had any trouble with 1 bear and that's a friend who uses grief pb and maul , shockwave which is effective
    Yeah I've improved it but rabies against a summon character will usually always win; I can't teleport on you and I also have to recast my bear if it's bitten before I can teleport/recall it onto my position and spread it to myself. Unfortunately I won't be able to keep up with you considering your equipment and experience with your Rabies/Fury ; I'm not sure when you last saw my equipment, either, so it could be better than before.