Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: PvP Fireclaw/Shock Summoner Hybrid

Tombreaver, jeweled was always good vs casters for my FC/Maul Hybrid. Just an idea.

Highlords/Gores for Shaper duels... I seemed to do a lot of them.

Rest looks really good, you should be proud

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jary View Post
    Tombreaver, jeweled was always good vs casters for my FC/Maul Hybrid. Just an idea.

Highlords/Gores for Shaper duels... I seemed to do a lot of them.

Rest looks really good, you should be proud
    Good suggestion! I've thought about this before briefly but I think I completely forgot about it because I looked at it the day I got my Pelt and that took up most of the day haha.

I'm glad to hear feedback about Tombreaver finally, it looks very fun for this build; I'm going to give it a try as a DvS weapon today if I can find one, I know I have a 20% FCR Circlet somewhere that could make the weapon really annoying. Good suggestion!

I never thought about adding Highlord's/Gores for that, I've got both somewhere so I'll check those out today as well; another good suggestion!

Thanks man, I am; I put a lot of time into this guy haha

logic behind not using spirit as shield for max block

you need max block vs chars which deal physical damage (all melee, ww, bowa...). vs those your goal should be also to have 50 % dr or close. spirit shield gives you 1 fcr, improvement+ high fhr with slow block rate, 0 dr, and high life loss. imo you should build max block around stormshield, and still use spirit vs other chars. fhr loss can be covered elsewhere

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by vknez View Post
    logic behind not using spirit as shield for max block

you need max block vs chars which deal physical damage (all melee, ww, bowa...). vs those your goal should be also to have 50 % dr or close. spirit shield gives you 1 fcr, improvement+ high fhr with slow block rate, 0 dr, and high life loss. imo you should build max block around stormshield, and still use spirit vs other chars. fhr loss can be covered elsewhere
    Oddly I prefer FHR gear against casters more now that I have the proper equipment to differentiate between for myself; with max block on it's not as necessary for melee, it seems, but against a caster with high Faster Cast Rate FHR equipment is important. I'm going to do some experimenting with tokens to see how a Vitality heavy build performs with this gear versus high Dexterity and get back to you about it; I'm curious how high I can get my HP but also am concerned about the loss of attack rating, we will see how it pans out though.

geting high ar, pumping dex is worst way to do it

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by vknez View Post
    geting high ar, pumping dex is worst way to do it
    I disagree after having played the two different specs.

I don't like the Vitality-heavy build, there are too many counters to my diminished offense; I can get my HP to 8,400, but my damage capability is substantially lower and it feels too limiting to play with. I played through the build for about an hour and it seemed like it took me back to square one (when I was coming up with the hybrid idea to begin with as a pure Shock Summoner), which is the exact attribute layout that was recommended; this was extraordinarily lacking in damage output and because I'm a hybrid character my damage output is already suffering enough before the loss of Attack Rating, so I am going to continue fine-tuning the original Dexterity version.

This character is meant to kill others and taking away such an important piece of the whole just to maximize one defensive attribute is crippling when played; I can easily avoid detrimental attacks with Shockwave, Teleport and a high Run/Walk speed. Combining Damage Reduction with Higher Dexterity still gives me a HUGE advantage in melee combat because I can still tank physical damage no problem while being able to respond with an effective attack.

If I am unable to hit my target efficiently, my survivability decreases (even with
    improved life) and turns me into an easily-targeted meat shield, which is not what the build is meant to do.

Last edited by Octogenarian; 20-06-2011 at 07:35.

ok, nvm, i m out...

IncGamers Member

I started having more success against Hammerdins and Wind Elemental Druids today; it seems that with DvS equipment on Wind Druids become more susceptible to Shockwave spam, so I've started trapping them in a similar fashion as with Necromancers and spamming it until I'm sure they are Faster Hit Recovery Locked, followed by a hard switch to Fire Claws when I am absolutely positive that I can target them through summons and they become more concerned with getting away to safety.

IncGamers Member

6/21/11 Updates

-Respecialization of talent tree to include one point of Spirit of Barbs for damage return vs melee characters (particularly Barbarians); this is not a permanent addition to the build as of yet, but has worked so far against melee characters. I'll be recalculating everything within the next two days to see if this can be a permanent addition.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Octogenarian View Post
    6/21/11 Updates

-Respecialization of talent tree to include one point of Spirit of Barbs for damage return vs melee characters (particularly Barbarians); this is not a permanent addition to the build as of yet, but has worked so far against melee characters. I'll be recalculating everything within the next two days to see if this can be a permanent addition.
    The addition of Spirit of Barbs can be viable if used in combination with Shockwave after casting Summon Grizzly on top of your or your opponent's location; it can FHR Lock a Barbarian before his next Whirl Wind and cause his hits to miss, and it also leaves him more susceptible to your own attacks. As far as I am concerned, this change is permanent.