An upcoming podcast will focus on the Blizzcon attendee experience, with me talking to a couple of people who have attended past shows. Most of you guys have not gone to Blizzcon, so I think you'll enjoy hearing from people who have, with a Diablo perspective.
This isn't meant as a humble brag, but I've been to 4 blizzcons, and I'm not real interested in Blizzard's other games, so I'm not real in touch with the perspective of non-attendees. Hence I'm asking for questions. What do you want to know about attending Blizzcon?
I'll definitely be asking the guests what they were most anticipating, what they were surprised by, what they thought was best/worst about the show experience, etc. But beyond those kind of generalities, are there any other things you guys really want to hear about from eye witnesses?
Also, I need another guest for the show. Did you attend Blizzcon last year or maybe the year before and do you want to talk about it for 20m? Let me know.
My main interest in going would be the demo, some of these might have been answered before so apologies if you already covered this:
- Can you skip panels and wait in line for the demo machines all day?
- What was the shortest time you ever waited in line for the Diablo demo?
- Have the demos always had a strict time limit?
- How many machines were set up for diablo 3 demo play?
- Would an average person have trouble getting in to see the Diablo panels?
- Were the panels all packed, standing room only, people turned away at the door? (people standing inside)
- How bad is parking / gaining entrance to Blizzcon at the start of the day?
- How early do you show up to make sure you are able to get in within a reasonable amount of time from the opening?
- How many people / what percentage of people show up in costume?
- Do you wear a costume?
None of these are particularly interesting, but they are things I'd like to know =)
I enjoyed the second podcast a lot and when I heard that you wanted to talk to people who went to BlizzCon I decided to finally join the forums and speak up.
I have been to the last two BlizzCons and there is a good chance of me attending again this year. It was a great experience and I got to play pretty much everything I wanted to play. If you still need people for the cast I'd be happy to join in.
I also have a lot of experience with podcasts, I'm a regular guest on a podcast every saturday.
I conducted separate interviews with Exile, Neinball, and a RL friend who has attended the last 2 blizzcons, and got great material from all. It's probably going to form 3 podcasts, focused on general blizzcon stuff, the pvp demo, and the pvm demo. I also have a whole 45m interview edited and ready to go from a cosplay guy who had a bunch of interesting Blizzcon stories to tell.
So yes, 4 podcasts on Blizzcon stuff, though 2 are entirely about gameplay. They should all go online during the next two weeks, likely Mon/Thurs both weeks.
Last year was my first Blizzcon (never manage to get a ticket .. missed out again this year) and I took the 17 hour flight from Melbourne Australia to LAX 1 day in Disneyland, 2 days at Blizzcon, 1 day of Partying .. then flew home .. exhausted, still drunk .. very very happy. It was amazing!
I guess the main questions are a few quick 'how obsessed are you' ..
* when did they start camping out front in line (ie. 10pm the night before, wrapped in a blanket on a fold up/throw away chair)
* where and what did they eat (energy drinks, sleep is overrated)!
* how many times did they queue for a shot at Diablo 3! .. assuming it's different to the Beta
* best D3 moment of the evening
* competition: for the youtube version .. we want a photo either of you in costume, or next to someone dressed in a cool d3 costume! (you can hide amongst many in the photo if you want .. but you need to be in there!)