Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 62 of 119 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

Re: Forum mafia statistics and awards.

Like physics!

You can push me down the mod list, not enough time to devise a game this summer at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathoris View Post
    You can push me down the mod list, not enough time to devise a game this summer at least.
    Which spot would you prefer?

This issue has been bugging me a bit this evening, so I figured I'd post it here.

How should a host handle a vote located in a missquote? Since a missed quote could be considered a post, should the vote contained in that quote be counted or dismissed?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Forum mafia statistics.

That's a tricky one. I'd say as long as it's not in a quote it should count. They should realize what they did and can then correct it. If it just so happened to be the locking vote I might make an exception, assuming they rectified it quickly.

Sometimes when I'm on my phone I'll just quote someone who is voting the way I want so I don't have to have code it. So I could easily mess it up in the opposite way you're thinking of and you wouldn't know it.

I think it's impossible for the mod to accurately guess the intent of the voter/misquoter. I also think it's a slippery slope to try. Sounds like a decent route to make an intentional misvote or sneaky vote. Count the vote if it meets the rules.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

What a great question!

I vacillated on this issue until decided that a validly formatted vote is a validly formatted vote. Also, now it's been aired in public, it's almost useless as a tactic.

Count it if it's validly formatted

I concur with the sentiment. Can't judge intent so you have to just go by what adheres to the voting rules.

So if CG is swapping spots with me (or just letting me cut in line) and Sathoris wants a bump, do I need to be balancing my game right now or is Zokar around and prepping? I've got my roles and basic game done and most of my story stuff at least outlined if not fully written. Balance will be tricky I think. I'm trying for something really neat and it will either be super cool or a total disaster depending on how well it is balanced.
    Drixx's HC Sept Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    If the point of lots of players in Dark Tower is to influence the story in a choose your own adventure style game, why not give each player more than one character? It's like giving townies a fake claim in addition to mafia and those fake claims can/might influence the story and progression of the game.
    Instead of more than one character, maybe more than one win condition? How badly would that mess up the town or scum team? "Whelp, sorry mafia buddies, I got X lynched and that was my win condition, so you guys are on your own from here on out."

Unless you could convince people to play for both, for bragging rights or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    So if CG is swapping spots with me (or just letting me cut in line) and Sathoris wants a bump, do I need to be balancing my game right now or is Zokar around and prepping? I've got my roles and basic game done and most of my story stuff at least outlined if not fully written. Balance will be tricky I think. I'm trying for something really neat and it will either be super cool or a total disaster depending on how well it is balanced.
    Can't let you cut, that'd not be fair to the other hosts. Swapping spots seems most fair, but that'll put you on the spot if Sath is backing off for a few spots and Zokar isn't doing Mafia stuff anymore.