Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    BattleTag Varquynne-1986

2010 Blizzard Global Writing Contest - Winning entry and runner-up excerpts

I believe the winners and story titles have been known for some time now, but Blizzard hadn't posted the winning entry or the runner-up excerpts... until now. Bashiok posted an update in the official Diablo III forums regarding this.

Not a single Diablo story among the finalists. Not certain about the honorable mentions, but three have the potential of being based in the Diablo universe judging from the titles.

Glancing over this year's and last year's winning entry, it seems the judges enjoy story structure that translates into a lot of "white space". I guess it's time to try and lean towards a more dialog heavy approach.

Edit: The Fan Fiction subforum is probably more appropriate for this thread. Apologies.

Last edited by Varquynne; 15-03-2011 at 11:37.

D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator Holyknight3000's Avatar
    BattleTag Holyknight-1111

Re: 2010 Blizzard Global Writing Contest - Winning entry and runner-up excerpts

moved to the fan fic forums for ya Var

Your friendly neighborhood Fan Creations Forum Moderator
    Creator of the Fiery Runes Series and Chronicles of the Dark Library
    Have any questions or suggestions please send me a Message

- The Runeweaver -

Re: 2010 Blizzard Global Writing Contest - Winning entry and runner-up excerpts

To be honest I think Blizzard's writing is poor and I think their storytelling is poor.

I am a huge fan of their games but I have never been impressed by their ability to write or storytell.

Their overarching backstories are only decent because they are created by Blizzard's overall very talented staff and not just Metzen's team.

Also, I think their world class art goes a long way to camouflage mediocre story.

In other words, I don't think they are very good or well qualified critics.

Last edited by Tulklas; 17-03-2011 at 14:33.