Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: SP Price Check Thread - Feb 2011

On topic:
    Correct, its from 1.07. But I'm not happy getting that ring, or well, don't get me wrong, I too think it might be a cool ring, but getting craftingmats in 07 is painstakingly hard. I'm pretty much playing around the clock and just getting a jewel to drop, not to mention the runes for crafting is meh.... just slow going. And I'm hoping for something with FCR on it. So all in all I'm probably stuck in 07 for a couple of months before that happens :P

OT
    Spoiler

Last edited by Bonesnap; 01-03-2011 at 16:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    I have two mantras for SPTF pricing:
    - Past trades (especially recent past trades) trump our relative feeling of how much an item should be worth.
    I don't see why, particularly when we are often talking about such a small number of samples. A trade or two happens, perhaps involving a rich player who is feeling generous, someone who needs the item immediately, a person with stuffed stashes who can't be bothered to care about the items for trade, etc., and suddenly that is supposed to trump whatever sense we have of item worth?

Past trades, plural. And the times when what you wrote about happens (rich generous player, etc.), it's pretty clear that it happened. Like when an eth Reaper's got traded for a Jah? Everyone in the thread was aware that the trade was unbalanced. Nagisa traded me a Jah for a Ber? I know I owe him. If trades are meaningless when it comes to value, then there's no value for things. Every trade is somewhat random. Is that how SPTF works? I don't think so.

And anyway, I stick to my story. Trades trump feelings. You don't have to agree with me, obviously... It's my private mantra.

So past trades don't trump our sense of value in cases where it is "pretty clear"?

I mean, I am not trying to convince you to change your mind, forgo your mantra, or begin to assert your feelings regarding values. I just don't put much stock in the "self-fulfilling prophecy" aspect of things, wherein the values in a current trade are based on the values in some previous trade, which were based on the values in a previous trade, which are therefore normative for the next trade, etc.

I think looking at past trades is a good way to double-check our feelings regarding value and perhaps to calibrate ourselves to some common reference point when parties have divergent assessments, but I personally think that an informed sense of relative value is more important than past trades.

EDIT: As a side note, I appreciate all the work you have put into the trade forum and the price check discussions recently.

Well, I think there's a feeling of how values will shape up in the future (to each their own) and then there's past trades. My opinion is that guides should be based on past trades, because unlike our collective feeling about prices, past trades are objective facts.

It's not like values will change overnight. They will slowly shift towards whatever. So while it's interesting to know how we think values will change, and it might slowly influence prices, the main argument for me remains past trades. And trends that are within them.

The HR's are a hot topic because we use them as currency. You don't see us arguing about the value of 30% CSD DF. Nagisa thinks it's 5 Ber (or said so as a semi-serious joke, don't know), but we've seen it go recently for much less. But it's a non-issue, since those are traded like almost never. Runes though, we feel much more stongly about.

And yes, if both sides of a trade are aware that the trade is not balanced, then such trade should be taken into account with caution/grain of salt. Those are pretty clear situations most of the time, if you read the threads in question.

That's what I think anyway. Now back to Chelsea-MU...

IncGamers Member

Hi all, I'm new to price-checking and valuing my items for trade. Is this worth trading, and if so how much?

thanks!

edit: thanks for the quick reply greebo! I guess i was hoping for a little more, live and learn...

Last edited by Anheg; 01-03-2011 at 19:51. Reason: fixed link!

It's worth a handful of PGems, maybe.

Pally amulets are valuable with FCR. Unlike for other classes, 10 FCR is often enough to reach 125 FCR, but since yours has none... +2 Offensive aura's is a pretty useless modifier also. +2 Pally Skills / Combat Skills is sought after. I guess it'd have a limited use on some sort of Tesladin, but most of those that are used for running anything at all want the FCR anyway.

IncGamers Member

I'd like a PC on Mavina's True Sight Diadem? I don't have it, and it doesn't seem to be on the Price Guide, so am I to assume that its only worth some PGems?

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
    I'd like a PC on Mavina's True Sight Diadem? I don't have it, and it doesn't seem to be on the Price Guide, so am I to assume that its only worth some PGems?
    From the price guide:

"Most set items that are not listed here are somewhere in range of 15-25 pgems for exceptional sets, 5-10 pgems (or less) for normal sets and 30-40 for those very rare/TC81+ set items."

So, yep. A handful of pgems.

Banned

Code:
    Plague Visage
    Circlet
    Defense: 22
    Durability: 26 of 35
    Required Level: 67
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0x479143da
    +112 to Attack Rating
    Damage Reduced by 2
    All Resistances +12
    7% Life stolen per hit
    7% Mana stolen per hit
    +2 to Paladin Skill Levels
    In the guide, only caster tiaras is mentioned. I just found this and wondered if it could be useful for a zealot or the like? IMO it has got some pretty decent mods - what bugs me the most is the low defense and the lack of sockets. can i have a PC on it?

thanks