Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member NagisaFurukawa's Avatar
    BattleTag mizu-1544

Re: SP Price Check Thread - Feb 2011

Darwin: No matter than a smidge of perfect gems to that niche buyer out there who's actually interested. By default, that makes plain ones all but worthless as all.

angeldesignpro: Handful of gems at most. Very limited usefulness, once again.

LiquidClear: A lot to the right person if it gets two sockets. Virtually useless with just one socket. That's vague and slightly overblown, but the sockets really do make a huge difference.

THC: I agree in principle, Greebo is more or less right. Numbers and logic don't often take part in determining trade values. Someone out there made such a trade in the past, and people thereafter simply followed along, creating a trend. It doesn't have to actually make sense.

@Nagisa, THC64 & everyone else caring to read this:

I have two mantras for SPTF pricing:
    - Past trades (especially recent past trades) trump our relative feeling of how much an item should be worth.
    - If you feel an item is grossly undervalued, trade for it.

Basically, I'd tend to agree that Cham is a very useful rune. Right now I could really use one to stick it in my Vamp Gaze, for my Baal runner. I think it'd help my moron's survivability a lot. I didn't use to think Cham was very useful. You know when I changed my mind? When I finally got 'Enigma', 'Beast', 'Faith', 2x 'Fortitude', 2x 'Grief' and 'Infinity'. Before then, I'd have argued against higher value of Cham.

See where I'm going with this? How we value runes depends on how much wealth we do have. You're not after the runewords you have. If I found a Cham 3 months ago, I'd have traded it for Sur. Now I'm more inclined to trade a Sur (if I find one) for a Cham, probably add a bit. When people keep getting richer, eventually they are likely to quit playing. At the same time new people coming in want those runewords. Since not everyone gives away all their stuff when they quit, there's a constant need for lower HR's (Lo, Ber) from the new-er players.

Here is where my second mantra comes in: all those people (and I guess I'm starting to become one of them) who need Chams and think they are undervalued: unless they start trading for them, it won't change a thing. I haven't seen an ISO: Cham FT: Sur. Until I do see one, and see it remaining unanswered, it's all purely academic discussion on out parts...

Last edited by Greebo; 01-03-2011 at 10:13.

Welcome to our world Greebo

This is quite fresh actually. Lo+ for Cham. I think we can all agree that this trade was in fashion of Sur vs Cham.

Cham is indeed tricky subject, but I stand at my valuation, and Cham is worth much more then Sur for me. Of course others can and will have different opinion on this matter.

- If you feel an item is grossly undervalued, trade for it
    Sometimes lack of trade fooder and interest in that specific item get in way. but I've let some great items go for much less then they should. Both because one of above reasons

BattleTag mizu-1544

Your points contradict a tad, though I do agree with you for the most part. If all trade values are relative, which they are, it doesn't make any sense to say values should be based solely upon the past as opposed to where individual people, within reason, stand on the values. That's the whole point of having relative ranges in values, numbers which I do more or less agree with, by the way.

As far as your second point, you're 100% correct, aside from that it's a bit wrong to simply be calling out "rich people", whatever those are.

Well, I didn't mean it in an offensive manner. I mean, I think we can agree that there are quite a few long timers who have significant amount of D2 wealth. It's mostly those people that value Cham higher, at least that's my perception. And although you keep doing all you can to give your wealth away (for which I am grateful), same cannot be said about all of us.

I'm not exactly sure why you're saying that I'm contradicting myself. I mean I read what you wrote but I don't get it. What do you mean?

BattleTag mizu-1544

It's kind of like what you used to say. If past trades really are the standard upon which you pass judgment of value, it's pointless to deal with what you might've done in scenario x, y, or z, or that your perception on the status or trends of traders is a certain way.

In any case, I agree with how you feel about the forum, but think past trades don't mean any more than how the traders feel at that particular moment. The beauty of having ranges as well as that pesky disclaimer about values being relative.

It's 27:30, so if I just said anything stupid... yeah.

IncGamers Member

Are there any value/demand left in 175psn dmg SC's?
    Like this for example
    Code:
    Pestilent Small Charm of Strength
    Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
    Required Level: 80
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 99
    Fingerprint: 0xc29a9b69
    +2 to Strength
    +175 poison damage over 6 seconds

Sidenots with a little of my thougth about value:
    Some of you are sort of on to it but isn't it to "over-work" it a little to really trying to come to some kind of "this should/could/would" be the price of something? Specially highrunes. Ok I can admit it could be good to have a base idea but even so, when I go trading if there's someting I want I usally don't mind paying/getting payed 1/10th or 10 times the value från the priceguide, if the net result is me getting an item I want without loosing something I use or need.

Poison small charms are not very valuable at all, and +2 Str is not a suffix that'll add value. A hadnful of PGems at the very most.
    ----

@Nagisa:
    I kinda get what your saying. Things is, even though some people might feel that Cham should be worth around a Ber, they won't trade like that, because
    - either they won't be able to find another person willing to do such a trade (I think Snickersnack couldn't trade his Cham for Ber, sorry if I'm confusing people)
    - they will take a better deal (if I can get a Cham with a Sur, why pay a Ber for it?)

So even though the relative values of runes for all of us may differ, and traders might value runes very differently than "my" or Fabian's table, most of the time they will act according to the "market", i.e. past trades.

I'm pretty sure I'm not saying anything new here, so I'll make my last post on the subject.
    --Greebo

PS. Nagisa: go to sleep! Though I remember I did once watch an entire season of "24", all episodes without break, a day before 2 exams...

IncGamers Member

Would there maybe be any interest in a ring like such

Code:
    Skull Eye
    Ring
    Required Level: 25
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 54
    Fingerprint: 0x132393f
    +8 to Strength
    +22 to Life
    5% Life stolen per hit
    36% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    No AR, but higher MF than a perfect Nagel, and som life, str and leech as gravy.

IncGamers Member

@Bonesnap: I'm not an expert, but that ring looks extremely valuable to me. It's not perfect, but it's close enough to probably have a lot of value. I doubt I could afford it if you put it up for auction, but I've been wrong about these things before...

Is it from an earlier version? I wasn't aware that you could get over 30 (on a rare) in 1.13c. If so, that probably increases it's value even more.