Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BattleTag Autti-6733

Re: Blizzard Product Release Slate leaked

Quote Originally Posted by Sass View Post
    Doesn't matter. It isn't a lump sum like dealing with two titles is.
    I know that americans are incapable of comprehending even the most basic of financial calculations but that doesn't mean the rest of the world is just as retarded.

Plus americans will just use their credit cards and deal with it some other time anyway, like they always do.

If your clever, you might even start saving when the beta is live, then you might have enough money and would only require to save a few dollars a week, OMG! its like paying for WoW! did i just blow your mind?

BattleTag Sass-1761

Oh, so now I'm being trolled. Did it really have to come to this? ftl.

BattleTag Autti-6733

Quote Originally Posted by Sass View Post
    Oh, so now I'm being trolled. Did it really have to come to this? ftl.
    Are you really unable to comprehend people saving?

BattleTag Sass-1761

I said that? huh. Odd that I don't recall.

You have to save for two games for at least 8 months. Saving is always an option, but not necessarily what will be done. Monthly installments are way more convenient then slapping a wad of cash on a desk and walking off with the goods in hand.

Moreover, what makes you think people will want to save up that much, even if it's within their capabilities? Two games requires time to play them. Separating major releases by months at a time lest people get it out of their systems early on. They can power play one game, then get the next if they want. Releasing two games at once spoils their own sales due to potentially splitting their market.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Autti View Post
    Blah Blah Americans Rabble Rabble
    Calling an entire country ignorant kinda backfires... when you use arbitrary mass judgments, proving your own ignorance.

It's quite the circle of bile and hatred you have there.

BattleTag Fenwick-1443

Autti is clearly prone to calling people idiots and retards, which makes any argument he may have lose credibility.

Anyways.

Is it just me or did anyone else make the connection that SC:Pheonix (or titan for that matter) may or may not be the unnannounced non-MMO game title?

3rd column, 10th category down. Its right next to the NGMMO listings.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...egion=Americas

Everyone knows about the next gen MMO, but it seems people still forget about this little tidbit. Also, its most likely NOT related to the Diablo console game, as new job postings under the Diablo 3 section are more likely related to that.

Also, I'd like to point out that it says "SC2 Pheonix", emphasis on the 2 is intentional. If it was a comic book or manga or whatever, it'd just be called "StarCraft: Pheonix" most likely. So it will most likely be some sort of software related to the game, either a Mobile app or something entirely different.

IncGamers Member

I'm picking that Phoenix will be some sort of adventure or other genre game, made with the SC2 editor to show it off. Like Lost Viking except bigger. Maybe something Portal-ish in size.

BattleTag Fenwick-1443

Without getting into a big discussion -- there's an entire other thread about it -- Blizzard has said that their unannounced MMO is not in any current Blizzard universe. So if it is SC2, then it isn't referring to StarCraft or is simply code for something else.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by CatchTwentyTwoRox View Post
    A lot of people are claiming that Blizzard would (and by that, I don't mean just on this forum):

A) Not announce their NGMMORPG within a year and a half of its release, and
    B) Release their NGMMORPG alongside WoW.

I would assume that the argument is that because no company wishes to cannibalize its product, the thought that Blizzard would cannibalize its WoW playerbase with "Titan" must be absurd. However, it isn't as absurd as you might think. Let me explain.
    Snip
    I that case wouldn't the wiser thing to do be not to release WoW:X5 at all? As then the New MMO can Cannibalize the WoW group without WoW:X5 holding them back? (it be hard enough to get them to leave there WoW chars without a new expansion).