Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Blizzard Product Release Slate leaked

Quote Originally Posted by The Rockman View Post
    That is outdated if it is real (dated the 2nd of April 2010), and secondary why on earth would they have "starcraft 2 Phoenix" slated for released alongside SC2:XP1 and Diablo 3? That overkilling the market (in fact having SC2:XP1 and Diablo with same the Q is pushing it). Also why is there no word on what SC2:Phoenix is? (outside of it being a Protoss Fighter).
    Assuming it is true it looks like the new IP is Titan I guess (unless its there NGMMORPG, but then would they really release WoW:X5 along side it?)
    Looks fake to me as you would expect to see the NGMMORPG on it as well.
    BTW TC link to where you found it be nice.
    It looks outdated for sure, but could still be real. A lot can have changed since that, at least for the titles "close" to release. I imagine that they will launch SC:XP1 and D3 at least 3 months or so apart, perhaps one on each side of Blizzcon (summer+holiday)? Marketing wise it wouldn't make sense to promote both titles on top of each other.

SC2 Phoenix could be a small DLC or similar. They could use it as a warm up for the actual expansion.

Titan is rumoured to be an FPS MMO and might cater to a different audience than WoW. It is also worth considering that WoW would be 10 years old once Titan comes around and they may want to shift the subscribers to a new franchise and tech platform.

IncGamers Member

Ok I admit it might be something small like WoW mobile but there was stuff about that ages before hand (quick google finds an article from 2008 about it), the point about why no info about it at all? But then again I suppose that makes it more likely to be true (unless it a double bluff).

BTW WoW:TCG cant be the card game as that already out released in 2006.

IncGamers Member

Ok I admit it might be something small like WoW mobile but there was stuff about that ages before hand (quick google finds an article from 2008 about it), the point about why no info about it at all? But then again I suppose that makes it more likely to be true (unless it a double bluff).

BTW WoW:TCG cant be the card game as that already out released in 2006.
    WoW: TCG was discontinued sometime at the start of this year if I recall, and they are relaunching it with a different partner. Check the MMO-Champion post from back then.

As for the authenticity of the schedule, like Moonfrost said, Boubouille *very* rarely gets his inside information wrong. As a reference point he predicted the latest WoW expansion, Cataclysm, a while before it was announced.

IncGamers Member Your Average WoW Player's Avatar

That is outdated if it is real (dated the 2nd of April 2010), and secondary why on earth would they have "starcraft 2 Phoenix" slated for released alongside SC2:XP1 and Diablo 3? That overkilling the market (in fact having SC2:XP1 and Diablo with same the Q is pushing it). Also why is there no word on what SC2:Phoenix is? (outside of it being a Protoss Fighter).
    Assuming it is true it looks like the new IP is Titan I guess (unless its there NGMMORPG, but then would they really release WoW:X5 along side it?)
    BTW TC link to where you found it be nice.
    Quoted for truth.

Any company with half a brain wouldn't have release dates so close together like that. It would run the risk of sinking one with the other. True D3 and SC2 are entirely separate genres, but a lot of people who play one Blizzard game also play other Blizzard games.

Also, Blizzard is a pretty organized company. Why would they let something like this slip out? That's just sloppy.

I'm HIGHLY skeptical about the legitimacy of this, I don't care how good the dude over at MMO-Champ is.

IncGamers Member

Personally, all these dates are really what we were pretty much expecting. Diablo 3 in late 2011, and expansion every 1.5 years. same with sc2 and 2 years for wow. The only new info really is what is sc2 pheonix and what is titan. Other than that it really isn't much different from what we have been predicting. I think it is totally possible that it is what the timeline looks like. But is it actually a timeline leaked from blizzard, who knows.

IncGamers Member

The next-gen MMO is the new IP.

i agree with flux, this looks too ugly to be real

SC: Phoenix could be anything at this point, but I really, really doubt it's a full blown game, console or not. Maybe a big huge DLC map pack w/ DotA etc?

As for authenticity, ugly has nothing to do w/ it. This is for the accountants and financial people. Accounting presentations are boring and ugly! The bean counters have no art talent! Boub has gambled more w/ higher stakes than this (his Lich King and Cataclysm predictions seemed preposterous at the time) and was proven right. This is a safer bet, especially considering it's already out of date already.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    Bliz doesn't leak internal documents too often. Even if/when they did, wouldn't it be more power point bells and whistles than this ugly thing?
    The document looks like a print out from Microsoft Project, which is a Project Management (scheduling, staff resources, etc) software package.

Quote Originally Posted by Autti View Post
    Well actually, the slide leaked from the financial conference (whatever it was called) that showed Diablo 3 in the 2011 and beyond column was actually less detailed than this.
    Although it was shown in business black with nice text to match.
    That wasn't a "leak," though. It was a photo taken (by Kotaku, IIRC) of a slide Blizzard showed at a major presentation to investors and media. Nothing on it was previously unknown, and the only concrete dates were for near future projects that had been mostly stated prior to that.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...ext-few-years/

--Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)