Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: 1.10a beta +2 all skills BK ring seekers miniguide:

Don't forget Delirium.

IncGamers Member

Indeed, Delerium also has higher CtC percentages. But again that is in 1.10s! Make sure to keep straight which version is which as there is potential for huge rune waste if you are not careful.

My understanding of the good things in the two 1.10 betas are:

1.10a: +2 BKWB (by far the most desirable) (I think there is also a higher leech Nosferatu's Coil and some flawless cube recipes for multiple sockets but I don't know for sure)

1.10s: great runewords that work when brought forward: Crescent Moon, Call to Arms, Delerium, and Bramble.

Jaedhann's Time Travel for the SPF summarizes lots of the issues. I don't see the beta runeword stats in the wiki anymore, though.

Quote Originally Posted by purplelocust View Post
    The CtA in 1.10a is not the one you want- it works fine there but if brought forward, it no longer works. The other beta, 1.10s, is where you want to go for some good runeword options: CtA (works if brought forward, unlike 1.10a), Crescent Moon (same runes as in 1.10+ but significantly better stats) and Bramble (very powerful but very huge range in +poison% damage rolls.)
    That's exactly what I was struggling with - do I drop a Mal and an Ist for a weapon that will only be used for 1.10a Andy running? That represents a decent investment of 1.09 rune wealth.

I think it boils down to this... if you are going to commit yourself to running Andy for that BKWB, it's worth it for the survivability it will provide.

And don't worry... I fully intend to make a 1.10s CtA (and several CMs) - it just going to take some HF collections for that Ohm (though if I ever get that Vex from 1.09 Countess, that makes it a heck of a lot easier).

@Kimppi - Didn't know about Delerium myself - any standard for the helm it should go in? Is it mostly a merc helm?

I am 900 runs into my 1.10a Andy project and have never used a CtA. I do not think it is necessary at all.

Doing a little background research, I see that beta HOTO has +1 Blizzard (Sorcercess only). Not sure if that's worth making the beta, but it's more than the current RW gives you.

IncGamers Member

@RobbyD: Is that 1.10a beta or 1.10s beta?

Quote Originally Posted by purplelocust View Post
    @RobbyD: Is that 1.10a beta or 1.10s beta?
    1.10a - I don't know if 1.10s is the same.

IncGamers Member

That's pretty cool Robby, never heard that. Too bad it's not +1 Lightning or +1 Blessed Hammer or something

From what I can tell (AS updates are spotty, I checked it against the ATMA IV runes.txt file), it's 1.10a and NOT 1.10s. Not sure if that will play nice with ATMA.

I agree it's fairly useless since it's not a OC skill, but I thought is was interesting.

******EDIT******

BTW, one other thing I dug up is that, apparently, CE (and Death Sentry) scale with player setting in 1.10a. /P8 Nilly runs, anyone?

Last edited by RobbyD; 16-11-2010 at 19:07.

Got my 1.10a project to an end about an hour ago when Andy dropped a 2nd BKWB. Here are the readouts:

Code:
    Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
    Ring
    Required Level: 58
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 75
    Fingerprint: 0x2807d6ad
    GUID: 0xffffffff 0xdeadbeef 0x0
    +50 to Maximum Stamina
    3% Life stolen per hit
    +2 to All Skill Levels
    +0 to Life (Based on Character Level)

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
    Ring
    Required Level: 58
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 75
    Fingerprint: 0x71769ffb
    GUID: 0xffffffff 0xdeadbeef 0x0
    +50 to Maximum Stamina
    4% Life stolen per hit
    +2 to All Skill Levels
    +0 to Life (Based on Character Level)
    I started untwinked in 1.07 with a Blizzard Sorc. She put about 10 points to both Static Field and Teleport, Blizzard was maxed and rest was put to Cold Mastery. That's pretty much the build except for the usual 1 pointers. I had about 100 points in energy which was an OK decision even when I think about her at clvl 85.

I finished 1.07 NM Baal at level that I can't remember but it certainly was pretty low so I leveled her a bit in Chaos Sanctuary and Baal runs. I hit level 58 and decided it was time to move her to 1.10a. I killed Andy, activated the bug and started running her at /players1. Her equipment wasn't very good, which was the reason I went for Blizzard in the first place. I knew if I had not the power to bomb Andy down with Fireballs before her minions stepped my toes, I'd be dead. With Blizzard I killed the minions and then lured Andy to the bottom right corner and made her walk in the shower of ice by teleporting back and forth. The strategy worked but I was kind of fragile for a long time.

I gained a little wealth and a good amount of levels. I was confident enough to start running her at /players3 which boosted the exp and drops. I was at clvl 75 back then. I also found a Harlequin Crest and Wizardspike which were really the keys to more durable runner. She could actually take a few hits now. She finished the quest at clvl 85 with the following equipment:
    Helm: Harlequin Crest
    Armor: Skin of the Vipermagi
    Weapon1: Wizardspike
    Shield1: Moser's with 2x pdiamond
    Weapon2: Ali Baba with MF jewels
    Shield2: Rhyme
    Gloves: Magefist
    Belt: Snowclash
    Boots: Wartraveler
    Amulet: Tal amu
    Ring1: BKWB
    Ring2: Rare with 10%FCR and some res

I didn't count the runs because I knew it could be a little devastating to my battle morale, but here are the ring and amulet tables:

AMULETS
    11 Nokozan Relic
    6 The Mahim Oak-Curio
    4 Rising Sun
    3 Seraph's
    4 Highlords
    3 Atma's
    4 Cat's Eye
    3 Crescent Moon
    4 Saracen's
    3 The Eye of Etlich
    TOTAL 45

RINGS until 1st BKWB
    4 Nagelring
    2 Manald Heal
    6 Dwarf Star
    3 Raven Frost
    1 Carrion Wind
    1 Stone of Jordan
    1 BKWB
    TOTAL 18

RINGS until 2nd BKWB (not counting the 18 above)
    17 Nagelring
    12 Manald Heal
    9 Dwarf Star
    5 Raven Frost
    2 Carrion Wind
    0 Stone of Jordan
    1 BKWB
    TOTAL 46

And thus the grand total of rings: 64. I feel really lucky with the first one.
    If someone's interested in the other drops I got, see this IFT post.

I don't know what purplelocust did with all the flawless gems that dropped but I kept them, cubed pgems and rerolled charms and crafted any items I could craft with the runes I had picked up. Mostly blood gloves and belts, hit power gloves and caster amulets and belts. I did get a nice pair of blood gloves for my wolfbarb but that was pretty much the only worthwhile craft during the whole time. But that's it, I got what I wanted and now I'm going to push the usual limits of Raise Skeleton and Skeleton Mastery skills

Last edited by Tupsi; 17-12-2010 at 15:15.