Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Re: 1.10a beta +2 all skills BK ring seekers miniguide:

According to ATMA, this is actually one of Andy's rarest drops.

Drop

1.10a Nosferatu's Coil

Now I don't know what would be a better them for my time-travelling h4xx using pally - this 1.10a Nos or a Siggard's Stealth.

IncGamers Member Steven Q Urkel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyD View Post
    gg on the belt, but why is a MeteOrb sorc using Enchant?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Q Urkel View Post
    gg on the belt, but why is a MeteOrb sorc using Enchant?
    1 point wonder to help out the Merc.

Sorry for the double post, but I have a couple of observations that are pertinent to this guide:

1. When you kill Andy, all the monsters around her die. This is different than what I've seen in 1.13, and it has an impact on how you should run her - don't worry about killing the other monsters, just take her out ASAP.

2. Static appears to not work on Andy - it's hard to tell sometimes, but I'm pretty sure it's the case. It may soften up the monsters around her to make sure they all die when she dies (sometimes the FI monsters around her survive her death sequence, so I'm thinking it might be a mix of fire and phys damage).

3. We have a couple of reports of being able to quest-bug her in earlier versions so that she has the sweet drops once you convert to 1.10a - I would suggest a revision to the original guide to that effect.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag thefranklin-1107

My first attempt was sort of dismal. I had a character rushed in 1.09, and I had planned on using orb and fireball. I maxed fireball and fire mastery in 1.09 because it helps there, now she has a gimped fire attack in 1.10a. She is also only level 67, so not a big loss.

I have rushed and cowed a sorc in 1.07 to level 69. I have 80 skill points to use and 320 stat points to use. I have upgrade most of my available sorceress equipment from 1.09. I do not have a lot of .09 wealth. My equipment is as follows (and can/will be improved by what Andy drops for me):

Ptopaz Shako (can't really be improved, maybe a 2/20 48 mf circlet...)
    Wiz spike (don't have the dex for it yet, it would cost 100 life, and I would switch to Occy once I found it anyway. Thinking of just going with what I find here)
    27 @ skins of vipermagi (unsocketed)
    2 sorc skills 10 fcr amulet
    Visceratuant Shield (non-upped, unsocketed)
    26% mf chance guards
    Goldwrap
    Sanders
    2 mf rings totaling 45% mf.
    Some mana charms.

Merc: (haven't hired yet)
    Kelpie Snare
    Duriels Shell
    Rockstopper

What would you all do for skills/stats?

I want to run Andy without dying too much in the early going. With my experience with my level 67 sorc (which was max block btw), that ignoring them was bad and block didn't really help. Here is what I am thinking:

1. Orb. I have never done a frozen orb only sorc since ladder season 1 or 2. I would max orb and its synergy (CM is nerfed and I will let + skills take care of it). Nothing is immune to cold in her room (minus a random boss), and spare points could go to teleport.

2. Orb + Firewall. I haven't done firewall post 1.09, and it sounds like fun. Don't know how effective it will be with orb, but the skill points work out. If my firewalls stacked, it would take 6 seconds to kill her with that alone. I think I/merc would be able to tank her that long.

3.Orb + Fireball. With my starting +6 skills my orb will be doing 511 and my fireball could be doing 1300. My failed sorc attempts fireball was only doing 800+, so going to 1300 doesn't seem like a huge improvement. I would guess I would still orb her to death.

4. Orb + Meteor. I have done these before, and as fast as I hope to running her I would probably only hit her with meteor once a run, so I am not sure if it would help.

5. Full fireball. This would give me a 5.6k fireball and an 11k meteor. That should nuke her quickly?

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Andy's especially susceptible to fire, so fire is what you want for a 1.10a Andy runner.

I use a MeteOrb Sorc with maxed Meteor, Fireball, FM, and some points in Fire Bolt. Orb as secondary, and it really doesn't need a synergy or more than a couple points + skills on CM. I also put a point in Enchant (with all the +fire skills and the maxed FM, it gives your Merc a nice bump, especially against Andy). I made the non-Ohm CtA and do not regret that for a minute.

So that's what I would do - Fireball/Meteor/Orb (synergize FB/Meteor, only a point or so in CM, maybe a point in Enchant for the AR for the Merc alone). I would not skip Meteor because sometimes Andy is very hard to get to with FB and Meteors drop where you cast them.

I do HIGHLY recommend getting a Reaper's Toll for the Merc. 1.10a Reaper's Tolls aren't falling from the sky, but I found one on the SPTF and I did farm another one from Mephy with my Sorc.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag thefranklin-1107

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyD View Post
    Andy's especially susceptible to fire, so fire is what you want for a 1.10a Andy runner.

I use a MeteOrb Sorc with maxed Meteor, Fireball, FM, and some points in Fire Bolt. Orb as secondary, and it really doesn't need a synergy or more than a couple points + skills on CM. I also put a point in Enchant (with all the +fire skills and the maxed FM, it gives your Merc a nice bump, especially against Andy). I made the non-Ohm CtA and do not regret that for a minute.

So that's what I would do - Fireball/Meteor/Orb (synergize FB/Meteor, only a point or so in CM, maybe a point in Enchant for the AR for the Merc alone). I would not skip Meteor because sometimes Andy is very hard to get to with FB and Meteors drop where you cast them.

I do HIGHLY recommend getting a Reaper's Toll for the Merc. 1.10a Reaper's Tolls aren't falling from the sky, but I found one on the SPTF and I did farm another one from Mephy with my Sorc.
    Thanks for your input.

Option 4 does seem pretty safe. I would have a 2660 fireball and a max 372 orb with current gear and level. I am not level 99 doing this like some people . I guess I could level her in .09 cows though, but I don't think orb will do high players count quickly and I don't want to put more than 10-15 points in fire mastery.

I really wanted to just get in - nuke her - get out, but that doesn't work at my level. It seems like I am going to need orb for all the fallen (if I tele into the middle of the fallen they kill me) and fireball/meteor for Andy.

One other thing about my Sorc - she uses a Stormshield instead of a Visceratuant. That and that Shako would get you to about half damage taken. I also would like to highly suggest making a 1.10a CTA if you have a Mal sitting around. This really adds to a Sorc's ability to survive in a middle of a pack until the Meteors drop.

IncGamers Member

I started my bkwb hunt about a week ago and had been running her constantly. Finally got my second one, so here is my writeup of my experience.
    Skills and p settings
    I used a pure fireball sorc. Leveled through some 1.07 cows, brought her forward at level 65 I think. I maxed firebolt last. Started on players1, but once I could equip stormshield it was players 3 all the way.

Finds
    Mal
    BKWB 1
    BKWB 2

I had 3 manalds, 1 dwarf star, 1 carrion wind, 3 nagel before the 1st bkwb, then my next ring was a SOJ. After that, I had 9 manalds, 9 dwarf stars, 3 nagel, 3 ravenfrost, 1 carrion before I got my second bkwb.
    As you can see, I got really lucky. 2 bkwbs and 1 soj in 36 unique rings. heh.

equipment
    I started with:
    Code:
    +2 fire skills circlet (with all resistances and mana)
    +3 fire amulet with +16 str
    1.07 Suicide branch (no +1 skills)
    1.07 Skin (no +1 skills)
    1.07 String of ears (for the DR%)
    Tower Shield of Deflecting with 3 Larzuked sockets filled with pdiamonds
    Magefist
    FCR ring with poison resist and mana
    24% mf ring

+9 BO CTA on switch with sigons
    Inventory with life and mana charms
    This allowed me to hit the 105 breakpoint. I changed the shield for a stormshield and rings for a bkwb and a soj when I found them. I was using 50% block at this time, which is very very safe already.
    The big change came when I found a skullders and shako. I ended with:

Code:
    Shako socketed with ptopaz
    Skullders socketed with ptopaz
    +3 fire amulet with +16 str
    Oculus
    Lidless Wall
    Magefist
    Goldwrap
    War Travs
    2x bkwb
    I dropped 1 fcr breakpoint in exchange for a lot more mf. The pingpong from Oculus was manageable with the extra skills as I could kill Andy much faster. I also gave up the stormshield as I needed the 20 fcr from using Occy. I lost safety (a few deaths while teleporting to the 4th level due to low block and slower tele). My damage per fireball at this point was 12K-13K after battle cry.

I think that my final setup was the best setup I could come up with.

Positioning
    I'm not sure how new this is, but I discovered that this was an excellent spot to hit Andy. I could easily get off about 6-7 fireballs before my line of sight gets crowded by other minions. I tried to keep maps where minions spawn less in that area so I had a clear line of sight most of the time.

Well that's it from me. thanks again to purplelocust for this wonderful guide and inspired madness.

IncGamers Member

Well done, and that was a good run of luck to get two so quickly! And those were good gear upgrades along the way.

Block and big DR% are quite nice. I don't see much FHR which is helpful for tele problems going through Cat 2 and Cat 3. I went for higher block and didn't have the strength for Stormshield.

That is a good spot to stand for a FB sorc, and the monster congestion (particularly with FI monsters) is more of a concern. I found re-teleporting (intentionally, not via the Oculus!) helpful after drawing a crowd, but sometimes that would draw more monsters over.

I should mention in the guide that the best map is not necessarily the one with the fewest teleports, because of the boss pack spawn variability. But since muling items off generally requires resetting the map, I don't think it's worth optimizing the map as much as it usually is.