I'm not very experienced with Barbarians. I've generally avoided playing them because skill descriptions didn't appeal to me. I've had a few attempts at Whirlwind and Frenzy barbs but found them boring compared to other classes. But now I have rediscovered the joy of Frenzy and as I was questing through Single Player I began wondering about some things.
1) How useful is War Cry to a Frenzier?
I got the skill because it seemed like a good idea for crowd control, but after some testing it just doesn't seem good enough. Barbarians' cast rate is slow with a capital "Oww", so casting off my "combat" hand with zero FCR for a pitiful 1.8 second stun duration just isn't worth the trouble. Moreover, Frenzy Barb's combat pace is so fast and demands such focus that switching hands in the heat of battle doesn't even occur to me; it is usually more practical to maneuver than to war cry. Or am I missing something?
2) Does Battle Cry work on Uniques, Champions and bosses?
With a Frenzy Barb's killing speed, regular monsters are usually not a problem. So if Battle Cry is going to be any use, it is only against Uniques, Champions and bosses. But does it work on those?
3) My Frenzier had his first death when fighting NM Ancients. He killed one of them (Talic the whirlwinder, I believe), and his health instantly went from 2800+ to zero, despite having all resists at 75% and Lightning at 80%. I know that Talic is usually FE, but just how much damage does he deal at death?!?
4) Can Greater Mummies resurrect ALL Undead creatures?
I've seen them resurrect Skeletons, Zombies and Ghosts, but today was the first time that I saw Mummies from Baal's guard resurrect a Doom Knight. In a rather bizarre way, too. Said knight floated towards me while still a corpse strewn on the ground, and then got up and tried to swing at me. Can they resurrect Gloams, too?
5) How useful is Grim Ward for a melee barb? Worth the investment of skill points?
Thanks in advance.