Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 7 & 8)

HC Death Certificate:
    ============

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
    Death Certificate

Character name: Rathma-Reborn
    Character level: 74
    Character class: Necromancer
    Character build: Summoner
    Game difficulty: Hell
    Act: 1
    Corpse looted: No
    Death type: PvM

Cause of demise: I... I don't even know what happened. One minute I'm spamming ampdmg and CE everywhere and the next it's all over. I think it was a unique rogue lancer that killed me with the frost nova on death. My cold resist was -30% and there were archers around (I had most blinded with dv), so it was either the frost nova itself, or a stray arrow immediately after.

Shako, gull dagger, a personalized homunculus which took forever to find, gheeds charm, and over 300% mf. All gone in an instant.

I remember now the reason why I stopped playing this game for over seven years.

And I will remember it again in D3.

IncGamers Member

HC Death Certificate:
    ============

Death Certificate

Character name: Matthew
    Character level: 79
    Character class: Paladin
    Character build: Firedin (Holy Fire, Zeal, not Conviction one )
    Act: 3

Cause of demise: I just finished off a Cursed unique and thought I would finish of the Mauler's before dying. Nope, 1.1k gone in an instant. I think I'm now convinced that untwinked Melee Paladins are impossible to play in Hardcore.

IncGamers Member

Edit: Double post.

IncGamers Member

Character name: Guardian Acorn.
    Character level: 85.
    Character class: Druid.
    Character build: Wind.
    Game difficulty: Hell.
    Act: 5.
    Corpse looted: Yes.
    Death type: PvP.

Cause of death: I was putzing around killing things, mostly to get a better grasp of tornado travel mechanics when a fellow named HCBailly entered the game and challenged me to a duel. I thought I could take him. I was wrong.

IncGamers Member

Death Certificate

Character Name: Gammonmancer
    Character Level: 28
    Character Class: Necromancer
    Character Build: Summoner
    Game Difficulty: Normal
    Act: 4
    Corpse Looted: No
    Death Type: PK

cause of death: I was in the middle of the river of flame getting to the waypoint. I saw a PK enter the game i thought i would see him coming on the minimap all of a sudden i see my necromancer dead on the screen and i didnt even see the guy (named either Hou or Nou i think it was Nou) coming appeared in an instant and i was dead in a flash

IncGamers Member

Character name: TurnOnYourLights
    Character level: 96
    Character class: s0rc
    Character build: light sorc
    Act: act 3 sewers
    Death type: pvm

Death Certificate

Character name: LateToLdrAte
    Character level: 84.75
    Character class: Amazon
    Character build: Strafe with 19 points in Immo Arrow
    Act: V-Worldstone Keep

Cause of demise: (Slight) lag + undergeared + Running out of time in Ladder Season 8

Synopsis : As there are only a few days left in LS 8 I decided to try Baal and I almost (see screen shot below) got him... Hell Baal is always difficult for a Strafer under the best of circumstances, since he blocks your Guided Arrows, you usually only have a low chance per shot of OW and even if you Revive a bunch of things (which I did a number of times) he just clones that stupid duplicate of himself and then the dumb Revives (not to mention the Valk and the Merc) ignore the "real" Baal, going for the clone as if he was some huge, ugly facsimile of an Amazon Decoy.

I really shouldn't have attempted this with an under-geared Amazon, but what's the fun of Hardcore if you don't take a few calculated risks, now and again?

Basically this "oops" came down to missing one Super Healing potion during a very brief lag spike (I was out of full rejuves and only had 1140 hit points, although she did have max resists across the board).

Not sure if it was Baal himself or one of those unpleasant Festering something-or-others that got my poor Strafer. She was right in his ugly face, whaling away with a Culwen's Point sword and a Swordback Hold shield (for OW), and even doing this was quite a feat due to that immensely annoying knockback effect that he uses every two seconds.

If you're going to lose a character in Hardcore Hell, I suppose falling to the capo di tutti capi of Act Bosses isn't the worst way in which to do it. And anyway, almost all of the good stuff that she had found (solo) all the way through Ladder Season 8 -- which, BTW, as her name implies, was started quite late, only in mid-June as a matter of fact -- had already been muled, so it's not the end of the world, I guess. (During my Strafer's travels, she found an Ohm, a Gul and two Ums... the only halfway good thing that went down with her, other than about a million gold, was a 49% Stealskull on the merc.)

Well, R.I.P. "LateToLdrAte", you gave it your best shot, girl, and I had fun with you. Your many (way too many, truth be told) off-Ladder sisters will sing of your deeds, when the Ladder resets and the "world as it is", ceases to be.

Cheers

Mr. Bill

RIP Guardian Tomstone

Character name: Tomstone
    Character level: 87
    Character class: Paladin
    Character build: Elemental Templar
    Act: 5
    Death type: PK

Cause of demise: PKed during a Baal game. A lack of attention from my part ensured the success of the attacker, since I only noticed the hostile icon after Tomstone's death (and the sound was turned off!).

Last edited by Atomium; 14-02-2012 at 11:47. Reason: Modified in respect to the RIP format