Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 138 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1822
  1. #1371
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Trees
    Posts
    13,459

    Re: Wierd stuff on the Internets

    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    So my appetite for grilled sea otter - not so misguided after all, eh?
    Maybe we should stop eating grilled penguin, yes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Nope, we still call it lent. I have to hear about it every year.
    don't think that's what he meant.

    Kris, in the non-sexual manner and not it being distorted by a sexual pervert, that is an interesting fact. Reading it in a sexual sense, that is absolutely false because in Medieval times sex was only for procreation, the only "right" way to have sexual relations was in the missionary position and on certain days of the week, certain times during the day (nighttime? Nope. daytime? Nope. Anytime? pretty much nope) and sex was not supposed to be enjoyable. Having fun while mating with your wife? NOPE! You are a big sinner and need to repent!

    I have this chart somewhere that talks about when you can have sex in the medieval times... Need to find it, take a pic, and post it on here. It's hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    And for Leo:
    Spoiler
    gyaah... Thank goodness I'm not really afraid of clowns. My baby sister however... Yeah, we made her watch It when she was five or six. ^^

  2. #1372
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tech Support! TECH SUPPORT!!
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ
    Posts
    7,003

    Re: Wierd stuff on the Internets

    This one keeps on cracking me up at odd times during the day. I simply cannot get past it

  3. #1373
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Trees
    Posts
    13,459

    Re: Wierd stuff on the Internets

    Because the shakeweight wasn't genius enough...

    http://imgur.com/CNdUm1w

  4. #1374
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,818

    Re: Wierd stuff on the Internets

    Nope nope nope

  5. #1375
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,687

    Re: Wierd stuff on the Internets

    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    There are a couple of species for which even regular sex means raping the female (squirrels IIRC) or killing the male (spiders, mantises).

    Cats are torturing their prey to death
    Male lions kill baby lions when they take over a pack
    A lot of insects paralyze their prey and lay an egg on it, so the hatched larva eats the victim alive
    Several animals are cannibalistic

    Humanizing the issue (i.e. applying our morals on matters of "nature") is like missing the point. I might be disturbed by otters raping seals, but I'm not drawing any consequences nor will I act in any way. As long as humans aren't involved, animals can do among themselves what they want, no matter how terrible it may appear.

    I think my posting isn't a weird thing at all, so I might have missed the point of this thread... and *catch 22* meet the spirit of this forum at the same time.
    According to textbooks, cats have been studied carefully and it was found that they are using decisive tactics on their prey, rather than toying with them.

    But to add to the list, mother rats will often eat an entire nest of their own young for unknown reasons.

  6. #1376
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    33,200

    Re: Wierd stuff on the Internets

    Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    According to textbooks, cats have been studied carefully and it was found that they are using decisive tactics on their prey, rather than toying with them.
    Yes, I exaggerated a bit. They don't do it to inflict pain for some reason, but to practice hunting.

    Besides, after the male lion has killed the kittens, the females don't bear a grudge for long. They will voluntarily mate with him a few days later. I don't think it works that well with humans.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

  7. #1377
    IncGamers Member Technomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: Wierd stuff on the Internets

    Mice and rats will eat their babies if there is serious danger or not enough food to support them, because they can't really relocate the babies without putting themselves in serious danger of being eaten. So they eat the babies to reclaim the calories so they can try again in a safer or more bountiful location.

    Also, domestic cats can self-abort a litter of kittens if under extreme stress or find a more suitable mate. They don't have a miscarriage, they actually reabsorb the kittens through the womb.



  8. #1378
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,818

    Re: Wierd stuff on the Internets

    Raping Baby Seals to Death you say?

    Must have be some Otter Guy.



  9. #1379
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,687

    Re: Wierd stuff on the Internets

    Bob, their otter be a law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    Because the shakeweight wasn't genius enough...

    http://imgur.com/CNdUm1w
    You made me lose all faith in humanity. We deserve extinction.

  10. #1380
    IncGamers Member Technomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: Wierd stuff on the Internets


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •