Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: 1.09 Roll Call - Goals, Progress, Finds

The IAS breakpoints are the same (at least for zon).

For zon bow skills (and most javelin/spear skills, except for Fend and Jab if I recall), off-weapon IAS (e.g. glove) is the same as on-weapon IAS.

For poison, The Tao of Poison is a great guide to poison, if you can read through it all. Off the top of my head, poison when used with bow skills is bugged so that not only does the damage over time of poison sources get added, but so does the duration - so if you have two charms with 100 poison damage over 5 seconds, it will result in 400 poison over 10 seconds, instead of 200 poison over 5 seconds (same damage rate, but at a longer duration).

To add to DarkChaos' point, a 5 sox Long Bow socketed with 5 jewels of envy makes an unbeatable twinking weapon, as it can be used at level 1 and delivers 500 poison damage over 10 seconds. You might need some chipped amethysts for a Sorc to use at level 1 (though I prefer a couple grand charms of Strength). 5os long bows don't drop on the early game, so you have to look in the late game. A 6 pEmerald Long Battle Bow is the big brother available at level 18.

I have a Pestilent SC of Venom - my favorite - rolled from a Nilly SC and some other Pestilent or dual affix poison SCs that I plan on using for my WF strafer - only Baal and Nilly drop SCs that can roll Pestilent.
    Last edited by RobbyD; 23-03-2013 at 02:05.

IncGamers Member

I've played my necro, MindGames a lot last two weeks, finished it on saturday night. Finished Hell at level 68

Even though I struggled to finish Hell on P1, I wanted to see what is was like to run hell cows on P8. Since all the enemies in the cow level are melee attackers, with physical damage, Blood Golem + Iron Maiden does the job. I gather as many Cows as I can and then I summon my golem into the middle of the group. I run around the cow pack, keeping them Iron maiden'd, and semi-spamming poison nova while running around.

Once there's 1-2 cows that die in the pack, I can chain CE the whole pack, even though CE doesn't scale with players X on 1.09 ....
    While my golem is in the middle of the pack, he leeches so much that I am invincible, I gain life faster than I take damage if I ever get stuck in some cows. So, I didn't need more points in golem mastery, but I maxed it anyway. Then I thought about maxing Iron Maiden, since the Cows would kill themselves a bit faster this way. I don't know though if the difference will be notable or not, but whatever, my main skills are maxed already.

The main problem is that a run takes a while with this character (35 - 45 minutes). So, I'm trying to do at least one run every day. And so far, MindGames reached level 76 today.

Also played some TCP/IP with my cousin (anybody here plays 1.09 via TCP/IP or Hamachi here?), him playing a Vengeance/Conviction paladin with me, playing a Phoenix strike Assassin. I had a level 77 Tiger Strike / Dragon Claw Assassin that was doing quite well, but since I didn't know where to get XP with her, I decided I'd make another Assassin.

Gratz on the pat. I never took my Necro cowing.

I might be up for some MP.

I'd really like to start playing 1.09 at some point for nostalgaia, so maybe if you guys start doing some MP I might jump in this fun ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyD View Post
    To add to DarkChaos' point, a 5 sox Long Bow socketed with 5 jewels of envy makes an unbeatable twinking weapon, as it can be used at level 1 and delivers 500 poison damage over 10 seconds. You might need some chipped amethysts for a Sorc to use at level 1 (though I prefer a couple grand charms of Strength). 5os long bows don't drop on the early game, so you have to look in the late game. A 6 pEmerald Long Battle Bow is the big brother available at level 18.

I have a Pestilent SC of Venom - my favorite - rolled from a Nilly SC and some other Pestilent or dual affix poison SCs that I plan on using for my WF strafer - only Baal and Nilly drop SCs that can roll Pestilent.
    Hey Robby. Long time ago now.. Have been starting out with a new sorc. Had 4 envyjewels and a 5os long bow.. Found the fifth envyjewel some minutes ago now. It's really kicking butt with this bow!

Hey Klonki... glad that bow's living up to its billing. You could prolly get it even better by dropping some jewels of envy in a skull cap, but I found that weapon plenty powerful all by itself. You have a 6os long battle bow for level 18?

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyD View Post
    Hey Klonki... glad that bow's living up to its billing. You could prolly get it even better by dropping some jewels of envy in a skull cap, but I found that weapon plenty powerful all by itself. You have a 6os long battle bow for level 18?
    Yeah somewhere. The ultimate would be a full envy-gear for me and my rouge. Does the psn-glitch also work with the rouge as well?

I don't think the poison glitch works with the Rogue Merc, actually. When I did my sorc, I think I used a 6 pEmerald LBB from 18 to 30. You start needing some patience if you're on P8, but still effective.

IncGamers Member

This weekend, I decided to remake my SC Classic Barb, Baron Stomp (level 68), because I was reading stuff about Classic Barbs, and most people seem to prefer 2H mace-type weapons over 1 handed weapons, because in Classic, no matter what weapon you will use, Whirlwind will hit the 4 frames breakpoint. Combining this with high damage weapons, it makes WW Barbs very deadly. Classic players usually use either BoneSnap, or rare Martel de Fer with high ED%. I figured I'd be better to use Steeldriver, cause I want to do CS runs safely (by not spamming WW, in case of Iron Maiden). So I plan on using Concentrate as well, and Steeldriver has a 40% IAS bonus and LOWWWW strength requirements, allowing me to put more points in life.

I wear Iratha set For the bonus to resistances, but it limits my choices in amulets and rings, since this set prevents me from using a Mana Leech amulet, forcing me to use Manald's Heal. For my second ring, I'm trying to find a good AR/LL ring (currently wearing a 72/5), cause I really lack AR sources. My armor is Twitchthroe, which is fine, for attack speed bonus, which is just enough to attack in 14 frames (still very slow hehe), since Iratha's Cuffs do 20% IAS as well.

I wish I could replace Iratha with low req gear, with mods like, Life, hit recovery, dual resists, strength and AR.

The main reason why I wanted to restart my Barb, was because I needed a Pal weapon in Classic, and my Barb was wearing a pretty Good rare Naga:

135% ED
    201 AR
    10 Max Damage
    40% IAS

All this struggle with finding a good gear setup would be solved if I had one dual leech ring, with AR. I could then wear a Prismatic ring for the resists, and then be able to use Rare armor, helm, belt, gloves and boots with life, since I would need less resist per piece, and not be as weak as Iratha's set (which is still kinda nice for a budget Classic Char). All this lead me to think I should play 1.03 for a while, in order to find (gamble) such rings, because IIRC, 1.03 rare items tend to have much better mods. In the meantime, I would abuse the Unique items and gambling mechanics to find easy SoJs.