Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: 1.09 Roll Call - Goals, Progress, Finds

Mouseman - update on the Sorc?
    Going slow, but mostly because I haven't been playing a lot. I'm now lvl 22-23 and in arcane sanctuary.

I got a prayer mercenary and shopped some good equipment for him. I got him a leech stick, superior 2os splint mail (I dropped a couple of El runes for added defense) and a FHR helm. He stays alive even in p8 and is leveling quite nicely right now. When you combine that with firewall, which I have put a couple of points in, my life has become a lot easier. I think the hardest part was lvls 14 - 19, when you either didn't have firewall or it was weak.

I rolled the savage recipe three times and got three exception polearms. I don't want to whine, but I'm not able to use them yet Is it true that chipped diamond would've worked, too? :O

The best of them was this:
    Spoiler

I also rolled a nice ring with the excessive use of the 3 amu > ring and 3 ring > amu recipe.

Spoiler

I found a tir rune and I'm wishing so hard for a ral rune. Leaf runeword would be awesome right now. Also I haven't found either tal or eth runes for stealth runeword, which is kind of disappointing. It is times like these that I'd love to trade some jewels and stuff to have those basic runes in bnet

RobbyD, is it true that prayer aura also gives me mana? I thought it was just life?

Oh, and I also use the +cold armor weapon switch. It's really a nice way to get your defense up in act 1. If you get your ring mail and stuff at lvl ~6 and have that kind of orb/staff in weapon switch, those act 1 monsters won't stand a chance I usually use it all the way, and you can find some really nice +ES and +cold armor orbs or staves (because there are three of those cold armors, it's not that rare to get one of them). So it's nice to have something on switch before memory or CtA.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseman View Post
    Going slow, but mostly because I haven't been playing a lot. I'm now lvl 22-23 and in arcane sanctuary.

I got a prayer mercenary and shopped some good equipment for him. I got him a leech stick, superior 2os splint mail (I dropped a couple of El runes for added defense) and a FHR helm. He stays alive even in p8 and is leveling quite nicely right now. When you combine that with firewall, which I have put a couple of points in, my life has become a lot easier. I think the hardest part was lvls 14 - 19, when you either didn't have firewall or it was weak.
    My Sorc has had quite the easy time to level 17, but then again all she's done so far is get the Rogue merc and run Coldcrow exclusively. That 6 pEmerald Long Battle Bow waits for level 18.

I rolled the savage recipe three times and got three exception polearms. I don't want to whine, but I'm not able to use them yet Is it true that chipped diamond would've worked, too? :O
    Yes, any quality diamond, to my understanding.

It is times like these that I'd love to trade some jewels and stuff to have those basic runes in bnet
    We do have SP trading here

RobbyD, is it true that prayer aura also gives me mana? I thought it was just life?
    Sorry for my glitch - I do think you're right and it's just life, but that's still handy for a sorc since she's not going to be leeching life.

Oh, and I also use the +cold armor weapon switch. It's really a nice way to get your defense up in act 1. If you get your ring mail and stuff at lvl ~6 and have that kind of orb/staff in weapon switch, those act 1 monsters won't stand a chance I usually use it all the way, and you can find some really nice +ES and +cold armor orbs or staves (because there are three of those cold armors, it's not that rare to get one of them). So it's nice to have something on switch before memory or CtA.
    Yeah, I started using an Orb with a cold armor staffmod on switch for both of my Sorcs for an armor cast. I really like watching the Chilling Armor work for my Countess running.

IncGamers Member

So it's nice to have something on switch before memory or CtA.
    No CTA in 1.09

Still no vex from countess >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Fervid View Post
    Still no vex from countess >.<
    I feel you there! I got Gris armor AND Sander's Paragon from her. It's getting ridiculous.

IncGamers Member

It's getting ridiculous? I've been following your thread and I think you have gone so far past ridiculous that you can't even see where ridiculous were

Yeah, I'm not sure about the SP trading, especially since 1.09 player base is so small and split up between 1.09b (me) and 1.09d. It might be a good idea to try and unite under a single 1.09 patch to get some trading going on. But for now I'm liking not being able to get free stuff.

EDIT: Killed Duriel at lvl 25. Didn't give me much trouble - or items. I have found 0 unique items, 2 set items (isenhart & berserker weapons), 5-6 rares (have gambled two) and that's that. I guess my 11% MF really is too low. I just hate to pump mf when leveling because I feel that it's such a big trade-off from killing speed.

Last edited by mouseman; 10-02-2011 at 11:53.

IncGamers Member

Quick update with a quick question:

I'm now in Lower Kurast, lvl 29 and in full mage mode. I was lucky enough to find Ral and Tal runes on my way to the jungle so I could at last make Stealth and Leaf runewords (cubed up an eth rune earlier). I even spent some time shopping and got a nice +2 firewall base staff for leaf => +5 Fire Wall and +6 warmth rocks on a low lvl FW sorc.. doubled my damage output.

Also my mana regeneration rate is quite fast with Stealth and the huge boost to warmth. I've found some nice mana and life charms, too. I'm about to hit lvl 30 and I've been saving skill points so I can take Fire Mastery, Frozen Orb and Cold Mastery all at the same time. I except a huge change in gameplay, though it's been easy going even before Stealth/Leaf upgrade.

I ran LK superchests for maybe 30-40 times and got alot rings, amulets, charms and gems. Also lots of runes up to ral. I now have 59% MF and I see a lot rares dropping (one chest dropped 8, I think) but so far have found just one unique (shadowfang). Is it worth running normal LK on p8 or should I just press on for some normal meph runs? I'd love some normal uniques (tarnhelm, face of horror, nightsmoke, tearhaunch, magefists, frostburns and so on). Does normal LK/meph have chances on dropping these?

EDIT: Defeated Mephisto. Quite easy with over 1k firewall! Leaf really owns with this build (+3 fire skills affects Fire Mastery as well). Ran mephisto 5 times and only S/U from him was Glegclaw's gloves. Maybe I need radically more MF (59% now)? Oh, second unique dropped from Bremm - Blinkbat's Form. Is there a way that I could see what normal Mephisto drops and what are the chances?

Last edited by mouseman; 16-02-2011 at 14:18.

IncGamers Member

What would be good weapon choices for fury druid in 1.09? Also which weapon would be the best for the fury druid?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    What would be good weapon choices for fury druid in 1.09? Also which weapon would be the best for the fury druid?
    I think 1.09 was the patch of the "BuriDruid". Buriza with fury was quite popular with shaftstop, jalal and the rest.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I remember having a druid back then. Buriza was good even against PI's, but I used Barana / Tiamats on switch for all kinds of elemental damage. Buriza is so great because it's so fast. You get leech constantly and keep the monsters in hit recovery instead of you (I remember that buriza was godly compared to Hellslayer). I would consider Buriza or Ribby to be the best picks.

Last edited by mouseman; 16-02-2011 at 18:24.

@pegleg: Good to see you back in the fray! How have you been? Did you finish that Sin? To your question, I used the Dragoon's guide (Yahoo "Dragoon Werewolf") for my druid planning - popular choices listed there are Ribby, Buriza, IK Maul, Hellslayer, Messy's Reaver - but an Athena's Wrath would also do quite well through much of the game - I used a 3 skill AW for casting. Baranar's Star and Lightsabre are the viable 1H options, or you can use the 3-chip recipe on a Cryptic or Mythical Sword for Shaels/JoFs. The site also lists Cruel Giant Threshers of Craziness and the Stormspire as options, but those weren't options for me. Wolves and Bears have similar weapon mechanics, so you still want a fast 2H weapon with lots of WIAS.

Couple observations from my druid experience that you might find helpful: Hunger offsets IM, so I think it's worth the investment. Also, red pots are pathetic for a druid, so Hunger is a great alternative. I recommend investing in getting Hunger. One other thing - PIs are all over Hell, and Wolves/Bears don't much deal in elemental damage, so I recommend a Lightning Hose +3 skills A1 (fire) merc for dual beneficial bugs.

@mouseman: I'd run normal Mephy over normal LK chests for some normal uniques, but another idea is to hit the racks in LK/KB/UK - LOTS of racks there, and I racked some Hotspurs the other night just questing through Kurast.

Quick Update on GIEB_VEX - got her to level 30 and did a complete gear overhaul - off came the 6 pE LBB, Angelic, Deaths, and Cow set items, on went SoVM, SoE, Frosties, SoJs, Infernostride, Rhyme Grim Shield, Skill/res Ammy, and lvl 30 orbs (NOTE: ATMA is not perfect at reporting level requirements of Orbs - 2 of the 3 Orbs I had selected based on ATMA's reporting of required lvl 30 actually had higher level reqs - one was 35 and one was 48!). The one I could used had +3FO, +2CM, +1Chilling Armor. So she went full caster, and let me tell you, it has gotten FUN. FO + Honor Yari merc = hordes of dead monsters. I got her from KB A3 to the second WP of A5 and to level 37 (and was able to put on that +2Light Skills, +2 LM Orb for some seriously fun telestomping Nova action - I've never had so much fun dealing with the teleporting Imps in A5). The levels are coming fast for both GIEB_VEX and her Merc. Nova is impressive already - I can't wait until level 42 when the Occy and skillers become available.

Note - the ratio of mana to life is hopeless at this point - >800/300, so Blood Mana is unavoidable - I'm just going to have to be very careful and rely on the merc in CP, etc. This is with nary a point in Energy.

First socket reward will go into a Lidless Wall, as the setup I'm planning is Occy + SS on one for the 63 FCR breakpoint, and Wizzy + Lidless on the other for the 105 FCR breakpoint (I want to see what the impact of that breakpoint is and to see of the DR of SS is better than the stunlock of 105 FCR Nova).

Last edited by RobbyD; 16-02-2011 at 15:48. Reason: added a note on mana/life levels and some Druid observations

IncGamers Member

Im thinking about hunting for the impossible ZOD rune.