Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast

Re: 1.09 Roll Call - Goals, Progress, Finds

Lady Natsume (the Classic sorc) just killed LE Hell Corpsefire (cold immune) with Thunderstorm at lvl 52. Blargh! It took forever but was a satisfying victory.

Is it just Classic, or are there fewer uniques in Hell in 1.09?

Fewer uniques in 1.09 Hell - that's why I think level progression in 1.09 Hell is so much slower.

I did some Pindle runs with my WW barb using Doombringer + Ali Baba (IstIst) for the kill switch and note that it does appear to shave appreciable time off my runs over my old Ali Baba (EthShael) + Ali Baba (ShaelShael) setup. So, I'm running Countess for another Ist. Of course, she's coughed up a Gul and Vex #4, but no Ist. If she keeps this up I'll be eyeing beta Bramble.

Lucky you!

Managed another deeds in HC classic due to carelessness. Up to 15 imbued Martel De Fers with the best still only being 240-something...

@Corrupted: Sorry to hear about your deeds - I don't have any experience with classic, so I can only guess at the imbalances you have to deal with.

Update on my 1.09 activities - I finished my participation in the Pindlethon 7 with 2000 runs by my Zon, 1500 by my Pally, and a little over 1000 by my Barb. The most notable drop is a M'Avina's Caster - that is curiously rare from 1.09 Pindle and the first time he's dropped that - he also coughed up an Eaglehorn (his first as well) fairly recently, so I got a boost to my motivation to keep going.

Thanks to having the run counter for my Pindlethon participation, I got some average run-time stats (and even though I didn't enter GIEB_VEX in the Pindlethon, I got some stats on her too). My Barb averages about 48s/run with the horking, my Zon averages about 30s/run, and my Sorc averages about 25s/run. Considering hork %, drop rates at each character's MF level, and run time, and it really does appear that speed trumps everything. The expected running time to get a WF is lowest with my Sorc with her lowly 237% MF. As a bonus, she's only level 92, so she can benefit from XP for a long time to come! I gave her some gear TLC and tweaked her up to about 255% MF (dropping another 6 hours from the expected total running time) and have started focusing on Pindle running with her.

Since gearing up my Barb with the Silence PB/Ali Baba (IstIst) setup for the kill switch, I'm thinking to get some Baal runs in with him. I do think I want to replace his Chance Guards with LoH for Baal runs, which will drop MF from 525 to 485, but I'm thinking that might be worth pursuing because (a) Baal drops level 95 SCs, which can be rolled for Pestilent (gogo bugged arrow poison in 1.09!), and (b) my only Griswold's Valor and Grandfather have come from Baal minion waves, not Pindle. I like that the +2 skills from Silence bumps the horking chance.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    Managed another deeds in HC classic due to carelessness. Up to 15 imbued Martel De Fers with the best still only being 240-something...
    What lvl are you imbuing at?

Wrong thread to mention it, I guess, but I'm currently imbuing 27 martels in 1.06b to bring forward once my 9 characters all get 1-2 more lvls.

I started an untwinked 1.09b classic bowzon and am level 25 in act3 normal, playing players 8 so far. Except for duriel, which I felt bad about. It's incredibly slow. I think I've been really unlucky with equipment finds. Spent a lot of time gambling for short war bows recently, but have to test how the crappy rare stacks up to a 3 socket short battle bow with a saphire and some other gems in it. Trav is going to be a real challenge.

Also started a fairly twinked 1.09b classic nova/firewall sorc. Brought a bunch of no-lvl-req uniques forward from 1.06b. 2 sojs, frosties, twitch, tarn, eyeless. Also gave her some very very nice 30frw, 16str, 21 life, 36 fr, 12 lr boots. Aaaaand, she's insanely overpowered so far. Act 1 and 2 on players 8 (some of the time on players 64) was incredibly quick and easy. Will play her through quickly and see how she goes and levels in hell cows. Might get her up to lvl 86+ for gambling ammys, which was taking far too long in 1.06b with my lancer.

Quote Originally Posted by VThief View Post
    What lvl are you imbuing at?

Wrong thread to mention it, I guess, but I'm currently imbuing 27 martels in 1.06b to bring forward once my 9 characters all get 1-2 more lvls.

I started an untwinked 1.09b classic bowzon and am level 25 in act3 normal, playing players 8 so far. Except for duriel, which I felt bad about. It's incredibly slow. I think I've been really unlucky with equipment finds. Spent a lot of time gambling for short war bows recently, but have to test how the crappy rare stacks up to a 3 socket short battle bow with a saphire and some other gems in it. Trav is going to be a real challenge.

Also started a fairly twinked 1.09b classic nova/firewall sorc. Brought a bunch of no-lvl-req uniques forward from 1.06b. 2 sojs, frosties, twitch, tarn, eyeless. Also gave her some very very nice 30frw, 16str, 21 life, 36 fr, 12 lr boots. Aaaaand, she's insanely overpowered so far. Act 1 and 2 on players 8 (some of the time on players 64) was incredibly quick and easy. Will play her through quickly and see how she goes and levels in hell cows. Might get her up to lvl 86+ for gambling ammys, which was taking far too long in 1.06b with my lancer.
    clvl 74, King's prefix requires ilvl 78 from the high-end exceptional weapons so doing a bunch of imbues takes a lot of time in comparison to 1.06 where you only need clvl 29 (iirc?).
    I still think it may be the most reliable option though since the Council minions are only mlvl 75 and running the council on HC is dangerous going. I have been doing some self-MP cow/king runs but he's more stingy than I thought and the bishibosh TC bug doesn't make it any easier.
    Bowazons aren't particularly strong in 1.09 classic without any aura/amp support around but atleast they're viable as opposed to 1.10+ classic.
    Getting a nova sorc to 86/87 doesn't take very long with the players command available when you have all that equipment, you only really need to find yourself a Spectral Shard and you're set. If you haven't considered it already I would recommend a point in Frost Nova.

IncGamers Member

Yeah, my characters are imbuing at clvl29 in 1.06b. I've done 21 imbues at clvl29 in 1.06b so far, I think. Seven characters, each of which were imbuing 2 lances and 1 goth bow when they hit the right level. I'll probably switch to a ratio of two martels and 1 goth bow for each char now. I had horrible results on the gothic bows so far, and my strafe zon in 1.06b uses a magical Kings gothic bow of Alacrity (21-90 damage, 121 ar, Increased attack speed) rather than any rares I've gotten. I managed to get a pretty decent 300+ max damage lance for my barb though. And I've gotten some great gambled items now.

Definitely show off any cool classic items you get imbuing or otherwise. I love seeing top level classic rare items.

Bowzons should still be incredibly powerful in classic AFAIK. Once I start getting some exceptional bows and enough ML to spam multi shot/guided arrow constantly with good peirce % then I think I'll be a powerhouse. Just a slower start than I remembered from my previous 1.09 bowzon experiences.

My nova sorc, SNE, generally teleports near a pack, fires off one frost nova, 3-4 static fields then starts the explosions of electrical energy that is nova until she's surrounded by some Quentin Tarantino-esque level of blood and gore. She only has 1 point in firewall so far, and won't be using it much or adding to it for some time yet. I think it will be interesting trying to find gear that balances her insatiable needs for a large mana pool, high fcr, high fhr and enough resists. I feel a nova sorc is slightly more needy in her equipment choices than other sorc builds who aren't consistently jumping straight into the fray. Will definitely be looking to get shard, not sure how reliant she'll be on having soj/s for mana at higher levels.

IncGamers Member

Been playing 1.09 quite a bit recently and things are picking up. Having a blast, with the goal of making the typical 1.09 builds (barbs with CCB's, nova sorcs, bowazons, etc.), cowing, and enjoying the nostalgia. I didn't even realize this thread was around - I'm too lazy to go through it all but I'll try to stop by here and there for some 1.09 talk!

I've had the amazingly good luck of finding a Windforce only ~1-2 hours after getting my first Pindle character (barb) in 1.09 (EDIT: reading the previous page, this post might make Robby think the game is taunting him) and have been cowing since then with a multizon, but now I want to go ahead and make a nova sorc - only I can't remember exactly how to build it. I have most of the gear I need except for SoJs/BKWBs (but I have a +28 mana per kill ring from 1.07 that will probably solve all my mana problems). Is it better to to go for Stormshield+Wizspike with blocking and ES, or Oculus+Lidless, assuming I'm aiming for 105FCR either way?
    Last edited by DarkChaos; 03-03-2013 at 01:45.

@DarkChaos: glad to have another 1.09 old-skooler posting. Gratz on Teh Windeh... I'd love to see that drop screenie.

On the Nova sorc, I ended up with Wizzy+Lidless cuz I needed the mana from magefist. I used a crafted caster ammy for the last 5% FCR.