Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 69 of 82 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Re: 1.09 Roll Call - Goals, Progress, Finds

OK - I did some testing, and here's what I found...

The poison damage length of multiple poison damage charms DOES add together when using a bow. I had 4 Grand Charms of Blight and a plain bow. The poison duration was about 2 seconds (in NM, so it appears that the poison length in NM is about 2/3 the listed amount in 1.09). Then I put 3 more in the inventory, and the poison duration was about 8 seconds.

Just out of curiosity (this is a rush mule), I switched to the default Javelin switch, and when throwing the javelin, the duration is still 8 seconds, but when jabbing with the javelin, the poison duration was 2 seconds.

This is really good news for my planned strafer - I'll make sure to save space for all my Pestilent SCs and a couple good dual-poison SCs.

Just need that WF.

Isn't poison duration based on the enemy's poison resistance rather than the difficulty level?

High poison resistance will reduce the damage, not the duration.

This link is really helpful for understanding poison in 1.09:
    http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:....09,_by_Bkelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

My preferred strategy for Sorceress in 1.09 is to shop a +3 firewall staff for level 18. Memorize the location of mana regen shrines and reuse them all the time and/or run Arcane Sanctuary for mana potions.

A couple updates. I got Shaefer to Level 98 on P3 Pindle runs from the Pindlethon (very close to the 1500 mark). But, I don't really like him for Pindle runs, because it's more tedious than with the Zon or Barb.

I actually like running Pindle with the Zon best, but the Barb really seems like the better bet with his horking and being my highest MF char. His biggest weakness is the dual-Ali Baba kill, though - it can take a while sometimes. So - I got to thinking - how to speed him up while not hurting MF too much. I figured the best way is to actually put something hurty in the kill switch, so I'm thinking replace his current Ali Babas (ShaelShael and ShaelEth) with a new Ali Baba (IstIst) on offhand and a Doombringer (Ist) on main (that's the best 1H barb weapon in the patch, IMHO, due to the +30-100 damage that is independent of 1H vs 2H) - that keeps the kill switch at a respectable 189% (only 9 less than the current setup) with a much more lethal kill switch. Thing is, I only have 2 Ist runes, so I fired up my Countess runner (GEIB_VEX), who quickly grabbed Vex #3 - well, she's living up to her name. No Ist, of course, because that's what I want now. *sigh*

Grats on 98 and Vex#3!

Made it to NM with my sorc and finally got Frozen Orb. Thunderstorm is doing lots of work on players 5. Thanks again for the tip on how to aim Orb in 1.09.

Had my first death in 1.09: Multishot Lightning Enchanted Archer boss. Wow. Feels kinda like a rite of passage though.

Edit: Also, does 1.09 remember the players setting if you exit and come back in without completely closing the program? I could have theories, but the results are confounded by static field + more points in Orb and better aim.

Yes, the game remembers P# if you exit and return. MSLE is the reason all my mercs wear Blackhorns and most of my chars use TGods.

Thanks! Yeah, that makes sense.

Had my second death in 1.09 Classic today. Fire Enchanted doll boss in NM Durance. Thunderstorm hit at just the wrong time. I have no idea how much damage I took, but I was instantly dead. Note to self: Don't cast Thunderstorm in doll-infested areas.

NM Durance Fetish Dolls are insane in 1.09. I basically have to let the merc deal with them. Being amped when killing one is certain death.