How to exchange items
Thanks to mattinm for writing this.
Originally Posted by mattinmHere's a little guide I wrote up to explain exactly how to complete a trade.
Completing a trade
After agreeing upon the terms of a trade, the items must swap hands. But how, exactly, does this happen? Simple: using a muling program and email!
- Create a stash within an approved muling program (ATMA/GoMule) -- see the Stickied Help thread in the main SPF for help. ATMA and GoMule can also dump readouts to text files. Check the same thread for help.
- Fill the stash with the items to be traded
- Save the stash with an applicable name (something like: [name of user trading to][date] (e.g. mattinm11122009 would be a trade to mattinm on 11/11/2009) in a specific trading folder; if any problems arise, one can easily see exactly what one sent)
- Email the stash to the other trader; post a printout of the stash sent in the trade thread
- The other trader will receive the stash and reply with his/her stash; post a printout of the stash received in the trade thread
- Open the stash you received in your muling program and move the items onto a character or into your own stash
Don't forget to post exactly what you sent to the other trader, and exactly what you received! And don't forget to leave trader feedback. This information is critical to ensure trades happened as they should.