Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Re: PvM 1.13 ExplosionMancer guide

Im loving this build, i really enjoy the way it "plays" , summoner/fishymancer builds were a bit too passive for me, but this one is perfect

the guide is also well written, and left me without any question marks
    great work mouseman

cheers

I thought I'd mention the often-overlooked Boneshade unique lich wand for this build, I mention it because although it is a pretty rare drop I found it MFing long ago and I'm still searching for that perfect "white" base wand

One-Hand Damage: 10 To 31 (20.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 79
    Required Strength: 25
    Durability: 17
    Base Weapon Speed: [-20]
    +50% Damage To Undead
    +2 To Necromancer Skill Levels (Necromancer Only)
    +1-2 To Bone Spirit (Necromancer Only) (varies)
    +2-3 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only) (varies)
    +2-3 To Bone Wall (Necromancer Only) (varies)
    +4-5 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only) (varies)
    +4-5 To Teeth (Necromancer Only) (varies)
    +25% Faster Cast Rate

It powers up much of what this character will use, and has 5% more FCR than White - which allows you to play around with FCR gear options a bit more and add a SoJ or two for more +skills. Of course it is missing decrepify, but a decrep. wand on switch for boss battles is easy to get. This might seem like a somewhat expensive build option, but could actually be pretty cheap because you can hit the FCR bp with an "inferior" fcr circlet and crafted amulet that most people would be willing to trade you cheaply. Plus, Boneshade isn't considered to be that useful as far as I know. Yes, the White wand is better but until I find the perfect one this setup ought to work...

I think I'll try it, thanks again for the guide mouseman!

Last edited by dryzalizer; 21-08-2010 at 14:48.

Everytime I build a necro I end up making a summonmancer, so I decided to try this build out. It is freakin' awesome, CE destroys everything, bone spear is used to get that first corpse, and bone wall is great for crowd control.

It's great for pindle runs. After pindle drops just drop a bone wall, amp, then CE the outside crowd.

It also is great for crowded corridor encounters, where you can drop a wall in front of the door, and same deal with pindle, amp and CE away. Archers and rangers are negated by bone wall too.

The only disadvantage I can see is that fire immunes take a bit more CE to take down, which isn't a big deal.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the positive feedback! It's very nice that people are trying out and liking the build!

Boneshade is actually pretty good until you get a good white. And because of the FCR it's even valid endgame weapon.

I've always liked bone prison more than bone wall (it's harder for monsters to get around). Though I ended up using mostly attract, but I guess whatever suits your playstyle is best for you

Keep on blowing things up!!

IncGamers Member

Sorry to necrofy this awesome thread (We are necromancers after all, eh?), but I was curious. For those playing single player, what is a good merc/weapon to use? Insight is a ladder only item, and I can't get on the realms for some reason, so I've been playing single player...

I found an ethereal 4-socket Lance that I tried using the runes in, but it didn't make it an Insight. :(

I went Summonancer up until level 47 (after I beat Countess in Nightmare) and she dropped the Io rune I was looking for to make White. Got that made, but then needed the Insight bonus, but that didn't work. I have multiples of the runes used, so it's not a harsh loss--I'm just curious, is there anything else that works just as good? Thanks!

IncGamers Member

Not that you are wrong about insight being a ladder only item, but making it in a lance wouldnt even work on ladder, as it is for staffs and polearms only and lances are considered spears.

IncGamers Member

Well, ya got me there... Any good alternatives? Just Malice based weapons?

I had similar chars in previous ladders but never tried DClone. Anyway I used him as a keyhunter and I've tried many times Andy, Izual and Duriel.
    I do not all stats but as I remember I had about 40 lvl BS with more synergies (only 1 pt in CE)
    Duriel was Easy, Izual sometimes died but ocasionally I must finish him with smiter but I never was able to kill Andy. Revieved Udars died after 3 minutes and she still had about 50% of life.
    I think that DClone can be the same problem.

Kyonu - without Insight bonemancer is hard to play. If you really want try cheap weapon better make strenght (Amn Tir) polearm for CB and socket your armor, helm, shield with Tirs.

If you want to do more damage, dont use a wand, but beast. Merc is the real damage source on a boner build, not the bone spells themselves. And of course infinity/botd as weapon

IncGamers Member

Are you talking about UT/Dclone now? or just general PVM?