Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 8 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1853
  1. #71
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,810

    Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    I like it

    I'm actually hoping our team loses the next match so we'll be freed from the trumpets of doom.
    Sorry you've been disappointed again

    P.S. Sexy is a subset of Horny
    Difference is when the other person wants to get you in bed.
    So I was just teasing but really ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post

    I don't think I ever sound sexy.


  2. #72
    IncGamers Member Vivi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    boring group of faint distant stars
    Posts
    7,825

    Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Sorry you've been disappointed again

    P.S. Sexy is a subset of Horny
    Difference is when the other person wants to get you in bed.
    So I was just teasing but really ?
    Aye. Streets full of horns again. Fortunately none of 'm horny I think.
    And don't tease. In Dutch I sound ok though southern, in English, different. Stronger appearantly. And a bit like a stand up comedian someon once told me.

    Although given my leg condition I'd of course be a sit down comedian.

    Some utterly useless things:

    readymade pancakemix. You know, where you just add water or milk, shake, and have batter. That already feels wrong.

    Dutch Childrens Jury prize where children can pick their favourite book of the year. For more than 5 years in a row that's been the same author and it's getting boring.




  3. #73
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,687

    Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    have a few to add myself:

    -guys who do not open my doors and cut ahead of me. im sorry, y'all can blame Marahumm for this, but i have grown accustomed to having my doors opened for me when i am out on date and i expect you to let me go in first. i like chivalry and polite things like that. i had an ex who would go ahead of me all the time and it started to bother me towards the end of the relationship. he'd hold open the door for others and then after they were done walking in, he'd go ahead of me, hold the door open from behind. ummm.... really? O.o and this is only for my partner. Mara will scowl at me if i open my own door, lol! anyways... if i am dating you, open my doors for me. i actually appreciate that. im not a femm-Nazi. if i am by myself, i can open my own door. trust me, i do not expect you or any other stranger to open my door for me; i manage just fine.

    -thumb-up whores on youtube and funnyjunk. seriously, what is up with the "THUMBS THIS UP IF YOU LIKE THIS!!" ? no. you just made this picture/video suck. thank you, moron.
    Well, what everyone does in Canada (unless they are in jail) is go through the door first, then hold it for the next person IF they are close enough behind. Anyone beyond that is not your responsibility. In fact, this method is so commonplace, the ty is uttered under one's breath and is not even heard 50% of the time.

    If anyone holds the door open from the outside (before entering the lobby) they set themselves up for an awkward scenario! What if you hold the door for 5 people in a single file herd (which is fine) but then there is a straggler a few meters behind the group? You 'gonna just quit holding the door? That would be slamming it in the last guy's face! It's like being on the Titanic and you hop onto the lifeboat and lower it when there is a person just meters away eyeballing your lifeboat. So what do you do? Well, you have no choice but to stand there for half a minute and wait for the straggler. Ok, no big deal you say? Well, he is through the door, but look out, another straggler! And you can't pretend you don't see them; what else is there for you to do but look afar while you stand there holding the door?

    You can see the chain reaction here. There could, in theory, NEVER be an appropriate time to stop holding the door without slamming it in someone's face. You are the doorman now, your pay rate is zero, you are going to be late for something. Why didn't you just go in first and hold the door for the next ONE person who then becomes the guy responsible for the next person?

    We've got this down to a science, you see.

    So, your ex was using a perfectly sound method, but he was obviously treating you differently, but for good cause. What if a giant chain of elderly people were just behind you and he had little choice but to wait for you to go in and then wait another five minutes for the graveyard shuffle to draw out? You would get herded along way ahead while the doorman is caring for penguins.

    As for people who beg to have their videos rated, don't they get displayed closer to the first page of a google search or w/e with the more people who veiw and rate it higher? I think Shakespeare wrote 'everyone fears mediocrity' which means everyone wants their little video to be famous. Can't blame them.



  4. #74
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Trees
    Posts
    13,456

    Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    If anyone holds the door open from the outside (before entering the lobby) they set themselves up for an awkward scenario! What if you hold the door for 5 people in a single file herd (which is fine) but then there is a straggler a few meters behind the group? You 'gonna just quit holding the door? That would be slamming it in the last guy's face! It's like being on the Titanic and you hop onto the lifeboat and lower it when there is a person just meters away eyeballing your lifeboat. So what do you do? Well, you have no choice but to stand there for half a minute and wait for the straggler. Ok, no big deal you say? Well, he is through the door, but look out, another straggler! And you can't pretend you don't see them; what else is there for you to do but look afar while you stand there holding the door?
    i am patient to an extent and if you are quite a ways a way, im going to close the door if you still keep at your pace. if you are an older person (like, walker and cane old), i am most likely going to wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    As for people who beg to have their videos rated, don't they get displayed closer to the first page of a google search or w/e with the more people who veiw and rate it higher? I think Shakespeare wrote 'everyone fears mediocrity' which means everyone wants their little video to be famous. Can't blame them.
    no, im talking about comments that people make on youtube that say "THIS BAND ROCKS! THUMBS UP IF YOU AGREE!!11" or something like that. no. you just ruined this video now. screw you. i will NOT thumbs you up. and with funnyjunk, it can be a very amusing pic and at the bottom, the person who made and submitted the pic/compilation will be like, "You know the drill, guys. Thumb this up if you like it so i can get to the front page." Um, no. how about NOT saying that and if it makes it, it makes it. if not, you just suck and it just means try harder.

    and better your humor. most likely, make a bunch of Pokémon jokes (and good ones) or do some GOOD compilation pics. Stare Dad is amusing most of the time...



  5. #75
    Banned Twoflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,870

    Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid -.-

    nationalism

    racism

    ignorance

    violence

    edit : forgot one : religion



    Last edited by Twoflower; 05-07-2010 at 13:45.

  6. #76
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    33,199

    Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid -.-

    There are couple of pointless and stupid lifeforms in our ecosystem. For example, ticks, leeches and that terrible fish which swims into your *shudder* urethra, with barbs, so you cannot pull it out. Some people might conclude that there is no god because of their existence.

    Of course, having a point or a sense is no criterium for existence or nonexistence. What counts in nature is being fit to survive and reproduce.



    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

  7. #77
    IncGamers Member boogyman19946's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid -.-

    I hate people who call you dumb but are more illiterate and moronic than anyone you've ever heard. Like take this guy for example:

    Quote Originally Posted by Youtube Asswipe
    DO NOT MAKE JUDGEMENTS ON MY COUNRTY YOU POLAK PIG !! YOU NATION IS GOOD FOR NOTHING EXCEPT GROWING POTATO,S IF YOUR SO GOOD WHY DO ALL YOU POLAK PEASANTS LEAVE CANT BE HAPPY IN POLAK LAND CAN YOU POTATO HEAD....
    The guy is from UK... I mean really? I'm not supposed to make judgments on his country (I really hope the verdict is reached soon) while this guy feels free to criticize and insult my home country at free will. What the hell kind of logic is this? As krischan said, what counts in nature is being fit to survive and reproduce: this country is yet still present so I guess we haven't quite failed now have we. To quote Dąbrowski:

    "Jeszcze Polska nie zgineła póki my żyjemy"

    which translates to

    "Poland will not die until We live"

    I gave him a nice and warm reply as patiently as I could possibly manage (not because he was insulting my country, but because he was a moron and was insulting my country).



  8. #78
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,810

    Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    There are couple of pointless and stupid lifeforms in our ecosystem. For example, ticks, leeches and that terrible fish which swims into your *shudder* urethra, with barbs, so you cannot pull it out. Some people might conclude that there is no god because of their existence.

    Of course, having a point or a sense is no criterium for existence or nonexistence. What counts in nature is being fit to survive and reproduce.
    Well they are barbed
    So they don't seem pointless.

    I hate Mosquitoes but it's because of the point.



  9. #79
    IncGamers Member BurnsLikeHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    91

    Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid -.-

    Things I hate, That one person who states everyone elses problems yet believes to have none of his own. We have all possibly ran into this dickhead before right people? :\

    Also, those plastic pull-off bits you find under mustard or ketchup caps, Like instead of adding a slight grippable piece of plastic thats the size of the surface of a bb pellet we add that transparent see-through and not as grippable plastic because some lazy **** can't rip that tiny small bit of plastic that ends up not getting ripped off the cap.



  10. #80
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Trees
    Posts
    13,456

    Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by boogyman19946 View Post
    I hate people who call you dumb but are more illiterate and moronic than anyone you've ever heard. Like take this guy for example:



    The guy is from UK... I mean really? I'm not supposed to make judgments on his country (I really hope the verdict is reached soon) while this guy feels free to criticize and insult my home country at free will. What the hell kind of logic is this? As krischan said, what counts in nature is being fit to survive and reproduce: this country is yet still present so I guess we haven't quite failed now have we. To quote Dąbrowski:

    "Jeszcze Polska nie zgineła póki my żyjemy"

    which translates to

    "Poland will not die until We live"

    I gave him a nice and warm reply as patiently as I could possibly manage (not because he was insulting my country, but because he was a moron and was insulting my country).
    what a hahaha, linky please? and in my inbox.

    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Well they are barbed
    So they don't seem pointless.

    I hate Mosquitoes but it's because of the point.
    cat's penises are barbed. that's why the female cat is always howling and trying to get away. i don't understand why that is like that, but they are. thank goodness it did not pass on to humans.

    /whew



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •