Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 51 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Shaigon View Post
    People who say they "can't lose weight".

Unless you have a thyroid problem, don't give me that BS. If you tell me you have a throid problem and then eat a 12 pack of hot dogs for lunch, I'm going to throw up on you.

Weight loss is simple, if you eat at a caloric deficit you will lose weight. It is science and it works for everyone. If your maintenance calorie level is 2500, and you eat 2000 calories per day (a deficit of 500), you will lose 1lb per week. 500 x 7 = 3500 and 3500 calories = 1lb.

You don't even need to exercise. Back in the day when I first started bodybuiding I lost 30lbs in about 7 months just by diet alone.
    I can't lose weight. I do not have a thyroid problem. I have a tissue problem. I used to be thin, underweight even. Now I'm clothessize L or XL. :embarassed:
    Broaden your horizon please. There's more than just thyroid problems that can cause this.

I do wish I were less fat. I'm not horribly obese or so, but I'd be happier if it were all a bit less. I don't want to go back to my old figure, why remove the curves now I finally have 'm?
    I suppose I rather be rid of the disorder causing it than just losing weight though. It would also mean I'd be able to walk normally, or sport, or do things normal people do, or go on a 12 km walk in Glenarif, NI, seeing all kinds of nice waterfalls. But I can't.:embarassed:

Quote Originally Posted by Mikachu View Post
    But bleh, girls will complain whatever size you are, I've been called anorexia and sick before. How lovely. It really does wreck your confidence :s
    True. How annoying! It's usually jealousy I suppose. Everyone wants to be what someone else is.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    I can't lose weight. I do not have a thyroid problem. I have a tissue problem. I used to be thin, underweight even. Now I'm clothessize L or XL. :embarassed:
    Broaden your horizon please. There's more than just thyroid problems that can cause this.

I do wish I were less fat. I'm not horribly obese or so, but I'd be happier if it were all a bit less. I don't want to go back to my old figure, why remove the curves now I finally have 'm?
    I suppose I rather be rid of the disorder causing it than just losing weight though. It would also mean I'd be able to walk normally, or sport, or do things normal people do, or go on a 12 km walk in Glenarif, NI, seeing all kinds of nice waterfalls. But I can't.:embarassed:
    What tissue problem do you have? Why does it prevent you from losing weight?

This is not important enough for it's own thread but I found it amusing. The part near the bottom (literally!) is funny.

KFC Logos Appear on Extinguishers in Buffalo

The Buffalo News, N.Y.

Oct. 05--Colonel Sanders' friendly face will likely grace city firehouses soon, but his presence will be limited to a month or so.

In a 7-2 vote this afternoon, Buffalo lawmakers approved a plan that would allow the city to accept a $2,500 donation from KFC to buy 100 fire extinguishers.

The extinguishers would bear KFC's "New Fiery Grilled Wings" logo along with Colonel Sander's familiar image.

The deal would involve the city placing the extinguishers in firehouses for several weeks, just as visitors come in for events commemorating Fire Prevention Month. The devices then will be donated to individuals, using a distribution method that the Fire Department has yet to divulge.

Voting against the promotion were South Council Member Michael P. Kearns and Delaware representative Michael J. LoCurto. Kearns said he worries that the agreement sets a troubling precedent.

"What if Rick's Tally Ho wants to advertise?" Kearns asked, referring to a strip club in Cheektowaga that recently lost its liquor license after a raid by police and federal agents.

Kearns added that he might be more inclined to support the promotion if KFC wasn't giving "chicken feed" in return, claiming $2,500 in fire extinguishers is a chintzy sum.

Timothy Ball, the Council's top legal adviser, said he spoke with a KFC representative. Ball said it's possible that the company's marketing department will make the donation to the city without requiring that the company's logo be placed on the fire safety devices.

LoCurto, meanwhile, said he was not impressed with KFC's offbeat promotional schemes. The world's most popular chicken restaurant chain recently donated money to a small city in Indiana that agreed to display KFC's fiery wings logo on its fire hydrants.

More recently, KFC made a promotional push on the backsides of college students. The company recruited young women to tout its bunless Double Down sandwich by wearing sweat pants with promotional messages displayed on the rear ends, a move that has angered some women's rights advocates.

"What's next?" LoCurto asked Monday. "Are we going to let KFC do the same thing to our firefighter uniforms?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shaigon View Post
    What tissue problem do you have? Why does it prevent you from losing weight?
    Lipoedema. I have to wear medical support stockings (which is unpleasant at any age but particularly so if you're young and are told that it will be like that for the rest of your life). My legs are huge and I can't help it. :embarassed:

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Viv, idc how you look. your persona is sweet and you are one intelligent woman. i find those qualities attractive in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    Viv, idc how you look. your persona is sweet and you are one intelligent woman. i find those qualities attractive in itself.
    Thanks! But it's tedious that my legs not only look disgusting but also feel constantly bruised. I hate it! It can make me feel so angry, the injustice of it all. Finally I'm free, finally I have a life of my own, and my body turns against me.

But yes, I know there are people with far more serious problems. I'm not dying. I'm just uncomfortable.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

sounds painful, tho. bruise easy? :(

No, permanently bruised from the pressure of those stockings. Touching it is painful, it feels like touching a bruise. Standing on a ladder suddenly becomes painful as your legs rest against the sports and it feels like your black and blue all over.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Thanks! But it's tedious that my legs not only look disgusting but also feel constantly bruised. I hate it! It can make me feel so angry, the injustice of it all. Finally I'm free, finally I have a life of my own, and my body turns against me.

But yes, I know there are people with far more serious problems. I'm not dying. I'm just uncomfortable.
    In the old days we would have just left you in the snow to die.