Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

IncGamers Member

How exactly does the glitch work

i know about this thing that enables you to always get quest rewards from Meph, but i dont know precisely how it works or how u can use it.
    can this be done if you have already killed meph and completed the quest?

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Re: How exactly does the glitch work

Create the game with a character who already solved act 3, then switch to a chracter who hasn't done that so far, so he won't get the quest solved, but still gets a first kill drop.

IMO it's not worth the efforts. It's annoying to switch between characters, it costs more time, it can lead to more bnet temp bans and you will have to stop at the end of act 3 with that character.

D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

IncGamers Member Aldeth the Foppish Idiot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krischan
    IMO it's not worth the efforts. It's annoying to switch between characters, it costs more time, it can lead to more bnet temp bans and you will have to stop at the end of act 3 with that character.
    I agree. I would also like to point out that while your odds of getting a boss to a rare/set/unique when you kill them for a quest reward are improved, it's not like they can drop anything as their quest drop that they otherwise could not drop.

I think this only applies to Andariel. You'll have to talk to Warriv _after_ your first kill of her, that makes her bugged and you'll always get quest drops from her.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrates View Post
    I think this only applies to Andariel. You'll have to talk to Warriv _after_ your first kill of her, that makes her bugged and you'll always get quest drops from her.
    I wasn't talking about the Andariel glitch. The mentioned technique works with any act boss. And it's not about quest drops, but first kill drops , these are two different things. For example, the quest drop of Andariel is a couple of gems, in addition to her other drops. However, you don't have to do the awkward game creation procedure for Andariel because there's another bug with respect to her first kill drop.

Quote Originally Posted by kardinaal View Post
    Hmmm, I thought you needed to make a game with a char that has not done a quest, then switch to your mf char to get quest drops. At least it works that way when doing countess, where you can see if you get the quest drop (quest drop means the chest opens). It's hard to know if andy or mephi do a quest or a normal drop though, so not 100% certain about this...
    The gold from the Countess is something else, it's a special event which is tied to the quest. It's actually not from the Countess.

I'm pretty sure that first kill drops (which only exist for act bosses) are produced as I wrote.

If all magical armor and weapons are failed set items, it's probably a first kill drop.

D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    I wasn't talking about the Andariel glitch. The mentioned technique works with any act boss. And it's not about quest drops, but first kill drops , these are two different things. For example, the quest drop of Andariel is a couple of gems, in addition to her other drops. However, you don't have to do the awkward game creation procedure for Andariel because there's another bug with respect to her first kill drop.
    Yeah, I figured that, but the OP talked about quest drops, so I thought maybe he had things confused

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post

The gold from the Countess is something else, it's a special event which is tied to the quest. It's actually not from the Countess.

I'm pretty sure that first kill drops (which only exist for act bosses) are produced as I wrote.

If all magical armor and weapons are failed set items, it's probably a first kill drop.
    Then I've been going about it all wrong . I usually run all big guys in NM in a permed game made with a char that has done nm cain, but no other quests yet.

Using this glitch if you're doing just meph runs would be a loss of time, but is there any way to glitch all act bosses?

IncGamers Member

Hmmm, I thought you needed to make a game with a char that has not done a quest, then switch to your mf char to get quest drops. At least it works that way when doing countess, where you can see if you get the quest drop (quest drop means the chest opens). It's hard to know if andy or mephi do a quest or a normal drop though, so not 100% certain about this...

The two terms are often mixed. Krischan is right about how it works, but all of you forget one thing: On bnet, there are lots of games up in which you can run meph. Just check the q log, and ignore the spam. Hey, a pub game is a pub game. Works for me.

Nah, having a char stuck in act 3 pays over time. And you'd be very well able to do glitched andy in that same game, along with ancient tunnels, and maybe summoner.