Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 51 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tavaritz View Post
    I just had to install whole LoD again and now 1.13c doesn't start without install disk in drive. What gives? I have Vista in use and RWM.
    Try to copy some of the files (.mpq) off of the D2LoD disc to the install folder. I believe you are probably missing the music file (D2XMusic or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by tavaritz View Post
    EDIT: More problems. The auto map turns itself on and off. When I hit a monster it turns off and if I hit another monster it turns back on. I'm totally clueless what could cause that.
    Go into the options and try resetting the controls. You probably either have your left mouse button set to auto-map or your mouse driver (logitech software?) is telling windows that when you left click it should also press tab or something like that.

P.S. Either way a fresh install might solve all your problems if your up for it, be sure to choose full install for both. If not try the tips listed above.

Banned

I did full install with music files etc. on both D2 and LoD. In controls I've changed almost everything the way I like. Backspace is automap on/off and mouse wheel is nothing.

I'll try to fiddle with compatibility settings if it's about them, but not tonight.

EDIT: There was "Mouse 3" as second key for automap toggle. Why was the first hit against a monster interpretted as mouse button three is beyond me.

EDIT2: Ok, it asks the LoD disk, but not when I use the -direct -text switches where it just aborts the program. I'll reinstall the whole shebang tomorrow, but should I patch 1.12 before I patch 1.13?

Last edited by tavaritz; 26-12-2010 at 21:42.

IncGamers Member

Every time I close ATMA it forgets what windows (stashes, characters) I had open. Is there any way to make it remember? Having to open it all up every time is a nuisance.

Banned

Reinstalled LoD again and no problems. Cannot understand what went wrong yesterday.

IncGamers Member

Having problems getting RWM to work with 1.13c.

Have downloaded the .7z (or whatever) file and changed it to .zip but when I try to extract I get a message saying "please insert the last disk of the multivolume set and click OK to continue". What the heck does that mean!

Thanks for any help.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgydave View Post
    Having problems getting RWM to work with 1.13c.

Have downloaded the .7z (or whatever) file and changed it to .zip but when I try to extract I get a message saying "please insert the last disk of the multivolume set and click OK to continue". What the heck does that mean!

Thanks for any help.
    Sounds to me like the download might be corrupt or the program you are using does not understand how to open it. Try clearing your browser's cache and re-downloading it again.

Which program are you using to open the file with. If you do not mind installing a program for this purpose try installing 7-zip, the .7z is a proprietary format that it uses kind of like .rar with winrar, you can uninstall 7-zip later once you have it extracted. If you do not then list your program that you are using to open it with and I will download it, install it, and try to open RWM with it.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgydave View Post
    Have downloaded the .7z (or whatever) file and changed it to .zip
    I presume you mean you just changed the extension from .7z to .zip. Why would you do that? It isn't surprising that your archive utility doesn't know what to do with it.

Do what Ladvarian says and install 7zip if your current archive utility isn't up-to-date enough to deal with .7z files.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alc View Post
    I presume you mean you just changed the extension from .7z to .zip. Why would you do that? It isn't surprising that your archive utility doesn't know what to do with it.

Do what Ladvarian says and install 7zip if your current archive utility isn't up-to-date enough to deal with .7z files.

Because I'm a computer moron! I'll try downloading 7zip. Many thanks to you both.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alc View Post

I mean no disrespect to you, but I believe the reason he changed it was because of Thy's version of ATMA saved as a .7z and could be changed to .zip and still opened. If I remember correctly the changing of extension works for ATMA, but not for the RWM.

A folder link in Thy's ATMA page says this "7z files are zip files just rename them" The first link below the Parent Directory.
    http://www.chrisclarke.co.uk/D2stuff/PDFs/ATMA/

IncGamers Member

Got it working and made an Oath (Which rolled 258% to go nicely next to my 30% HOTO and 55% Sanctuary! lol )