Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 147 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ladvarian View Post
    Nexis,
    Okay making sure that every thing is done correctly for the runeword and other things to try...
    You have only 4 sockets in your poleaxe, not 5 or 6. You put the runes in the correct order and the correct ones. The poleaxe is grey and non-magical. Please double check. Ral + Tir + Tal + Sol
    Try making the runeword edge in a bow, Tir + Tal + Amn it is ladder only as well.
    When you open the mod folder the Diablo II\Runewords\data\global\excel folder should have quite a few .bin files in it.
    Try deleting the mod folder entirely and reinstalling the mod fresh from the link listed in the first post. Your installation seems fine, but maybe its an incorrect version?
    You are running diablo 2 from only the updated shortcut right?
    Can someone verify that poleaxes work with insight. I believe they do, because they are listed as polearms, but just to make sure.

I'm sure that others will think of more in the mean time. I will try to stay online, but if you do not get a response from me or someone else I will try to see if I can think of anything else between now and tomorrow. Believe me this is quite frustrating to me too. I want so badly for this to work for you.
    yes it is in correct order and in correct weapon with correct sockets :( and there are 90 .bin files in the excel folder, along with the runes .txt file, i tried deleting and reinstalling the rwm around 5-6 times with no change, and yes i only play with the shortcut i made, i will try and find a 3os bow now and try and make the edge runeword but i dont think it will work, otherwise there really would be something wrong with insight not working! :(:( thanks for trying Ladvarian i appreciate it

edit: ok something weird happened, i made the edge and it worked, now what does this mean?!? i actually made the insight in a pike, but that is still a polearm right? it is a gemmed pike, if i am mistaken and a pike cannont make an insight then i am going to feel like a real idiot..

Last edited by Nexeis; 14-04-2010 at 05:28.

that's your problem. insight's only to be made in polearm and staff. pike is a spear..

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by zarirazz View Post
    that's your problem. insight's only to be made in polearm and staff. pike is a spear..
    omg... i am so stupid, can someone delete my posts? T_T i cant believe i didnt know that, blame the 3 year absense from d2 :( sorry for wasting everyones time man do i feel dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Nexeis View Post
    omg... i am so stupid, can someone delete my posts? T_T i cant believe i didnt know that, blame the 3 year absense from d2 :( sorry for wasting everyones time man do i feel dumb
    lol.. it happens to the best of us. no worries.. =)

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nexeis View Post
    but again i get a damn gemmed poleaxe! what is going on? T_T i dont like wasting my runes
    You said it was a poleaxe not a spear. ;p That is alright, I'm just glad that it seems to be working. Do not worry I'm just teasing you.

P.S. You should not feel dumb, if you did not ask for help that would have been dumb.

IncGamers Member

Hello,
    I'm basically new here now because I haven't played d2 in about 4 or 5 years. Anyway, I prefer single player right now due to craptastic internet at one of the two places I am regularly at. On to the point I am having problems using GOMule as I keep getting the following (lengthy) error:

Error

null
    at randall.d2files.D2FileReader.getCounterBoolean(D2F ileReader.java:102)
    at randall.d2files.D2FileReader.getCounterInt(D2FileR eader.java:196)
    at randall.d2files.D2TblFile.<init>(D2TblFile.java:81 )
    at randall.d2files.D2TblFile.readAllFiles(D2TblFile.j ava:49)
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.<init>(D2FileManager.java :109)
    at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.<clinit>(D2FileManager.ja va:70)
    at gomule.GoMule$1.run(GoMule.java:110)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I apologize for the length of this post and thanks in advance for the help!

IncGamers Member ancalagon the black's Avatar

@Possum:
    Welcome!

It is looking for a patchstrings.tbl file, which should be in a d2111 subdirectory of the gomule directory. If it's missing that file, it's probably missing more than one, so my guess is that there's something wrong with the installation -- probably either not everything got extracted when you extracted the gomule.jar file, or you're using an OS that lets you open up .zip files like directories, and you tried to run the .jar file from inside the .zip file. Hopefully if you extract everything in the .zip file, the problem will go away.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Possum View Post
    Hello,
    I'm basically new here now because I haven't played d2 in about 4 or 5 years. Anyway, I prefer single player right now due to craptastic internet at one of the two places I am regularly at. On to the point I am having problems using GOMule as I keep getting the following (lengthy) error:

I apologize for the length of this post and thanks in advance for the help!
    This sounds exactly like the error I used to get when I ran goMule in win7/vista. If you are also on windows 7 or vista, I suggest putting goMule into your mydocuments folder that should solve your problems.

You should also know that your characters might not be in C: \program files(x86)\Diablo II\save
    they are pobably in
    C: \Users\Login_Name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progr am Files (x86)\Diablo II\save

Windows 7/vista does not like allowing other programs to mess with the program files folder if they do not need to. So even d2 saves the characters in a virtual folder, the one listed above. You might have to show hidden/system files to see it. If you need more help let us know.

Last edited by Ladvarian; 17-04-2010 at 05:13.

IncGamers Member

Thanks to both of you for your help, I got it working! Although my 55 enchantress bit the dust anyway as I played without waiting haha. Better luck this time and there wasn't anything too important on her anyway. Thanks again!

-Possum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jjscud View Post
    If you extract the treasureclassex.txt from the mpq then replace the one in the 1.11 directory then you will have the proper 1.13 drop odds.
    Yes but the item list is hard-coded so the essences will not be listed, and not sure if that will affect the calculations. I mentioned this in an earlier post but it was somehow removed