Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 147 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

@ Arneb

First, I know nothing about nothing and less than nothing about modifying programs (so continue reading at your own peril) but I was experiencing exactly the same problems as you this morning and finally got it to work by finding silospen’s original “fix it” post located . . .

Here.

Following silospen’s own instructions and links I had no problems.

(As far as I can tell the problem was that the Misc1.13cATMA.7z file linked through the first post of this thread does not seem to contain the patch for the string table . . . the file linked through silospen’s post does contain the patch for the string table . . .)

So, anyhow, follow silospen’s links and instructions and I think you’ll be fine!

Hope that helps -

HSF

IncGamers Member

Let's celebrate

HSF, you're my new best friend

Thanks a lot!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ladvarian View Post
    Please tell me that you did not sell the poleaxes. Once you get the RWM working the gemmed poleaxes will turn into insight poleaxes.

As for your screenshots, are you using windows 7 or vista? If so you might want to look in

C: \Users\Log in name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\

You might have to show your hidden folders and files. Good luck.
    Looking at the online guide for RWM it includes the RRM and could confuse people into using the folder RedRuneMod instead of Runewords folder, look at the last image. Also a note about the gemmed items being changed into the runewords in the installation notes or in the stickies first post would be helpful. Thanks Thy if you do this.
    hi, i am using windows XP, so im guessing thats windows 7 ^_^, i tried searching for a couple of the folders that you typed out but couldnt find them, yeah it was a bit confusing as it had the RRM image for the RWM but i did put "Runewords" theres no reason why it shouldnt be working that i can think of :( i wish someone knew the answer i really want my insight :(:(

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Nexeis

I think I see the problem. The spaces between : and \ remove them from both the target and start in section.

The forum turns that into a smiley if we type it.

Like this but \ not / after C:
    "C:/Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt
    "C:/Program Files\Diablo II\Runewords"

If you press print screen then open paint and use ctrl-v that should post the screen shot. Save as .jpg and you're good.

Please check those and as others have said, don't throw the gemmed items away.

File hosting:
    When the new fixes became available I uploaded as soon as possible. When I get time I will look at renaming/directory changing. I'm not sure why so many people are having problems because the files I uploaded are the ones I've used. The instructions in the first post seems to be being missed too so I may change the directory listing so it's a complete 1.13c download.

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

IncGamers Member

i intentionally put the space between the : and \ because it made a smiley ^_^ on my computer it is in the correct order without a space, and thanks i worked out how to screen shot they are posted below

D2 Pathway screenshot: http://tinypic.com/r/2d8hz7r/5
    D2 Properties screenshot: http://tinypic.com/r/2ns55yv/5

i didnt throw it away but i hel'd 2 sets of insights :( i still have the third sitting in my stash i really dont know why it doesnt work for me! :(:(

IncGamers Member

Nexis,

Did you happen to place the mod inside a folder named Runeword?
    So that the folder structure is Runeword/Runewords/data/.../etcetra
    If so that would explain it. Change it to only, Runeword/data/.../etcetra. I.e. move the folder up one and delete the old Runeword folder. Be sure to keep the same name in your shortcut as well, you say that the folder is named Runewords and you put it in the shortcut as Runewords, but in actuality, according to your images, you put it it as Runeword, no 's' in both. Which should work if you do not have the above problem. The change in name leads me to believe that you did the above mistake. Please either verify your folder structure exactly by copy and pasting or take a screen shot inside the Runeword folder please.

You do also have the latest patch right? Insight is 1.10+ only. Not the non patched 1.07. Each time you reinstall you have to update the patch. Sorry if you have I'm just grasping at straws trying to help any way I can. Actually now that I think of it you probably could not open your characters if you are not using the correct version. ;p sorry about this one.
    Good luck.

P.S. You're right that tip about the virtual store folder was for win7 and vista only.

P.S.S. Thanks for the update Thy, I do not expect it overnight, but it would be helpful when you have the time. You already have been doing a lot for this forum. Thank you.

Last edited by Ladvarian; 14-04-2010 at 03:24.

IncGamers Member

Nexis,

Did you happen to place the mod inside a folder named Runeword?
    So that the folder structure is Runeword/Runewords/data/.../etcetra
    If so that would explain it. Change it to only, Runeword/data/.../etcetra. I.e. move the folder up one and delete the old Runeword folder. Be sure to keep the same name in your shortcut as well, you say that the folder is named Runewords and you put it in the shortcut as Runewords, but in actuality, according to your images, you put it it as Runeword, no 's' in both. Which should work if you do not have the above problem. The change in name leads me to believe that you did the above mistake. Please either verify your folder structure exactly by copy and pasting or take a screen shot inside the Runeword folder please.

You do also have the latest patch right? Insight is 1.10+ only. Not the non patched 1.07. Each time you reinstall you have to update the patch. Sorry if you have I'm just grasping at straws trying to help any way I can. Actually now that I think of it you probably could not open your characters if you are not using the correct version. ;p sorry about this one.
    Good luck.

P.S. You're right that tip about the virtual store folder was for win7 and vista only.

P.S.S. Thanks for the update Thy, I do not expect it overnight, but it would be helpful when you have the time. You already have been doing a lot for this forum. Thank you.
    no i didnt make that mistake that is the original folder, i just removed the s when i was trying all sorts of things to try and make it work, i even reinstalled just now and i am still having the gemmed poleaxe, there must be some simple solution! ive had rwm working before when i played D2!! why isnt it working now! and i use version 1.13 o.o

IncGamers Member

Nexis how about creating a shortcut to game.exe, its inside the diablo II folder, instead of Diablo II.exe Just use the same steps, but create a shortcut from game.exe instead and change it. Hope it helps. It is the one with a blank icon. If this works then I can give you steps to change the icon if you need them. Here is hoping.

IncGamers Member

Nexis how about creating a shortcut to game.exe, its inside the diablo II folder, instead of Diablo II.exe Just use the same steps, but create a shortcut from game.exe instead and change it. Hope it helps. It is the one with a blank icon. If this works then I can give you steps to change the icon if you need them. Here is hoping.
    didnt work :( why does D2 hate me!!! all i want is a stinking insight!! T_T

IncGamers Member

Nexis,
    Okay making sure that every thing is done correctly for the runeword and other things to try...
    You have only 4 sockets in your poleaxe, not 5 or 6. You put the runes in the correct order and the correct ones. The poleaxe is grey and non-magical. Please double check. Ral + Tir + Tal + Sol
    Try making the runeword edge in a bow, Tir + Tal + Amn it is ladder only as well.
    When you open the mod folder the Diablo II\Runewords\data\global\excel folder should have quite a few .bin files in it.
    Try deleting the mod folder entirely and reinstalling the mod fresh from the link listed in the first post. Your installation seems fine, but maybe its an incorrect version?
    You are running diablo 2 from only the updated shortcut right?
    Can someone verify that poleaxes work with insight. I believe they do, because they are listed as polearms, but just to make sure.

I'm sure that others will think of more in the mean time. I'm going to bed its 10pm where I am at, but if you do not get a response from me or someone else I will try to see if I can think of anything else between now and tomorrow. Believe me this is quite frustrating to me too. I want so badly for this to work for you.

Last edited by Ladvarian; 14-04-2010 at 05:09.