Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 139 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1461
    IncGamers Member

Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

Easiest solution imo is to have Gomule inside the save folder and have winrar installed. A right click on the save folder gives you the option to add the entire directory to Save.rar, including your stashes etc. Whenever you feel like doing a backup it literally takes you a few seconds and you only have 1 file to deal with.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

True, jeffy, however it depends on the size of your stashes.

I had about 20000 items in my stashes at one point and so while I might want to back up my characters - particularly the one going for 99, I wasn't so bothered about the stashes. My way gave me more flexibility.

Providing someone knows their requirements, there are plenty of options.

One caveat would be about stashes saved (not shortcuts) on the desktop. Remember that will be where your windows is, so if even if D2 is on D: if you reinstall windows, you'll lose the stashes.

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

Does anyone else have issues with GoMule not saving items properly? For instance, I completed a Khalim's Will on my sorceress and transferred it to GoMule. I then created a druid and sent the Khalim's Will to the druid's in game stash. However, when I logged into the game the Khalim's Will was not there. This has happened before. I just transferred an ith, el, and eth to my stash and to another character today and it worked perfectly.

edit: just tried again with a random item being transferred to my druid and it did not work properly. The items are no longer in my stash, nor in the characters inventory.

Was your character in-game when you made the transfer? That would remove the item 100% because your game would save over the file when you exit, and it's not like your game will load the item into your stash as you're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    Was your character in-game when you made the transfer? That would remove the item 100% because your game would save over the file when you exit, and it's not like your game will load the item into your stash as you're playing.
    No. Diablo II wasn't even opened. I use Windows 7 and 1.13. I will also note that two of my characters, a 46 necro and a 31 sorceress, can both transfer and receive items from GoMule. The druid, which I created today, cannot. I just installed ATMA and it works as it should. Still having issues with GoMule however.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by MizzouFTW View Post
    No. Diablo II wasn't even opened. I use Windows 7. ... I just installed ATMA and it works as it should. Still having issues with GoMule however.
    GoMule is Java based while ATMA is C++(?). Java based programs cannot easily run as an admin. I am not sure if they ever can. Windows starting with Vista decided to protect the Program Files from being modified by non-admin running programs. There are a few things you can do to eliminate this problem. Reinstall Diablo II outside the Program Files folder. Or you can try to take ownership of the Program Files folder with your user. Oscuro gave a link about this, but if I recall correctly you will still have problems with the GoMule trying to make backups. You will still get an error in the bottom of the screen saying that it could not make a backup. Good luck hope this info works for you.

I finally found a little time to play with D2 again today, and it appears I can't use GoMule on my MacBook Pro (Snow Leopard) anymore. When I launch it (using the Unix command line "java -jar GoMule.jar"), I see an application window completely blank except for a 0 in a text field in the upper right corner (the "GoMule Bank" field) and "GoMule R0.3: Donkey" in the title bar.

I think the only thing that has changed is a java version update. Just a few weeks ago, I updated java via Apple's Software Update utility:

$ java -version
    java version "1.6.0_51"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_51-b11-456-10M4508)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.51-b01-456, mixed mode)

I zipped up my toons and stashes and transfered them to a Windows 7 host running Java 1.7.0_25, and GoMule seems to work as expected on that machine.

I'm downloading and installing the Mac OS X version of Java 7 (update 25) from Oracle right now. I'll let you know if that fixes it.

Nope, the installer from Oracle gives an error "This Installer is supported only on OS X Lion (10.7.3)." I'm not willing to upgrade to a newer version of Mac OS X, because i still want to play Diablo 2, and I need Snow Leopard's Rosetta to do so.

I also downloaded a fresh copy of GoMuleR3.1_1.13.zip and got the same result (blank screen except for "GoMule Bank" field). I don't know for sure that my Java 6u51 is the reason for my GoMule woes, but I can't think of anything else that may have changed.

Can anyone help with GoMule and the Virtual Store\AppData file?

I have 2 sets of saved files on my computer, and therefore GoMule is not working because it isn't connecting to the right set of files. (At least, I think that's the problem.) I am not sure which set of files is correct but I suspect the AppData one is what the D2 program is using. I have deleted a couple of characters but they are still showing up in both files lists.

I have files here: C\Program Files\Diablo II\Save
    This folder contains several files with my character name and the suffixes .key, .ma0, .map

And also here: C\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progra m Files\Diablo II\Save
    This contains the same suffixes as the one above, but also includes files with a .org suffix.

I am running D2 as an administrator and my computer uses Windows 7. I can't change the OS on this machine.

Thanks.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swamigoon View Post
    I finally found a little time to play with D2 again today, and it appears I can't use GoMule on my MacBook Pro (Snow Leopard) anymore. When I launch it (using the Unix command line "java -jar GoMule.jar"), I see an application window completely blank except for a 0 in a text field in the upper right corner (the "GoMule Bank" field) and "GoMule R0.3: Donkey" in the title bar.

I think the only thing that has changed is a java version update. Just a few weeks ago, I updated java via Apple's Software Update utility:

$ java -version
    java version "1.6.0_51"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_51-b11-456-10M4508)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.51-b01-456, mixed mode)

I zipped up my toons and stashes and transfered them to a Windows 7 host running Java 1.7.0_25, and GoMule seems to work as expected on that machine.

I'm downloading and installing the Mac OS X version of Java 7 (update 25) from Oracle right now. I'll let you know if that fixes it.
    I was having the same problem. The solution turned out to be to just go to Apple's site and download the last version of Java 6 and force Java to update to Java SE 6 to 1.6.0_51 again. You can get the updater here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1573. Hope it works for you.