Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 107 of 147 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1461
    IncGamers Member

Help with RWM

Hi all, returning to this wonderful game after some time and I have a problem with RWM

I've added the Runewords folder from the download to my diabloii directory.
    I created a new shortcut
    I added
    -direct -txt (as well as -windowed -nofixedaspect) to the Target slot
    and C:\Games\Diablo II\Runewords
    the game starts as the original diablo - without the expansion pack

now if I remove the \Runewords from the path,
    DiabloII starts off in the LOD (windowed) configuration - everything is happy.
    But I wont have all of the nifty runewords available.

So to sum up my problem -LOD works fine without the Runewords path, but I'm stuck with the orginal once I add it.
    Any ideas?

I am sorry that I did not post this in the 108 page RWM help thread, but .... well I read a lot of it, but couldn't find an answer.

thank you,

IncGamers Member

Re: Help with RWM

You really should have posted this in the sticky. Though it is long it is still easier to help if everything is in one thread. I'll help in the meantime, but this post should be moved to the sticky.

I remember this happening when I tried to install the RWM on my last win7 laptop. I forget the details of how I fixed it, I'll check the threads to see if I find anything. Until then I have a few questions that might help us answer this. Which OS are you using, XP or win7/vista? Are you running the game as an admin? Have you tried running the game with just -direct -txt? Maybe a few screenshots of your folder structure and shortcut? Do you have an updated system and which patch do you have? The game might run better if you patch a latter patch, one that recognizes win7/vista better.

Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

I'm starting to play D2 again, but I've bought a new computer since last I've played. What would be the easiest way to get all my items/characters from my old computer to my new one? I had both Atma and GoMule on my last computer, but would using one or the other be best? I'm not very good with computers, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Most people only use GoMule unless they are using previous game patches.

What I did when I got my new comp a month ago was this: Just copy all of the files and folders from atma/gomule/saves/whatever and after you have installed D2 on the new comp just transfer the files and replace what is in the new comp's install. None of the stuff you mentioned requires an actual install, so you can just put them there and it will work. I even copied all of my desktop shortcuts and brought them over. Just don't delete anything until you get it all working in case you mess something up.

That's what I attempted earlier this week, but I was only able to get my Diablo characters sent over. I'm having trouble sending my stashes over. Is there a quick fix for that? Or am I looking for the stashes in the wrong place?

IncGamers Member

Which OS do you have on your old computer? The stash files should be in the GoMule or ATMA folders. If you were using Win7/vista they might be hidden in your Virtual Folders. Enable hidden files/folders and do a search for *.d2x and you should find them. Then either copy them over or the entire folder as kestegs said. Remember .d2s are character files and .d2x are stashes. (if I recall correctly)

GoMule is great for transfers. You do not have to drag and drop each item. You just click one button and it moves all your items for you. The stashes are compatible with both. The only exception is GoMule is best for LOD 1.10+ characters and items only. Use ATMA for pre 1.10 and classic as kestegs said.

IncGamers Member

bah, i tried to post some pictures, but they were a disaster
    I am running windows vista, I have the most up to date patch for the diablo2

I am not running the game as admin.

I have tried running the game (with success) without the windowed or nofixaspect modifers

I do appreciate your help here Ladvarian, any insight you can give is helpful

Last edited by dwarfbert; 27-03-2012 at 05:53. Reason: screen shots didnt work

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfbert View Post
    I am not running the game as admin.
    Do you not wish to run the game as an admin or do you not have the password to attempt this?

I have tried running the game (with success) without the windowed or nofixaspect modifers.
    So basically you are able to run the game without the extra (-windowed -nofixaspect) modifiers. See if you can make a ladder-only rune word with just -direct -txt. You only need to use the shortcut when you want to create a ladder-only rune word. Once it is created it will be a rune word even if you run the game from another shortcut. An example of a work around is to create the ladder-only rune word in your -windowed -nofixaspect shortcut. Then use the -direct -txt shortcut to open the character holding the gemed item and the gemed item will become the rune word. Once you verify the rune word was made quit the game and open back to your other shortcut. This might not be a very good solution to your problem, but it will work.

You might also want to try reordering the modifiers. Put -windowed (try -w instead) first, then try putting -direct -txt first, then -nofixaspect.

Last edited by Ladvarian; 27-03-2012 at 19:36.

Hi all, returning to this wonderful game after some time and I have a problem with RWM

I've added the Runewords folder from the download to my diabloii directory.
    I created a new shortcut
    I added
    -direct -txt (as well as -windowed -nofixedaspect) to the Target slot
    and C:\Games\Diablo II\Runewords
    the game starts as the original diablo - without the expansion pack

now if I remove the \Runewords from the path,
    DiabloII starts off in the LOD (windowed) configuration - everything is happy.
    But I wont have all of the nifty runewords available.

So to sum up my problem -LOD works fine without the Runewords path, but I'm stuck with the orginal once I add it.
    Any ideas?

I am sorry that I did not post this in the 108 page RWM help thread, but .... well I read a lot of it, but couldn't find an answer.

thank you,
    Did you originally install the game to "C:\Games\Diablo II", or did you move it there later? If you moved it there later, the registry would still point to the original install location. It may then have trouble finding some of the game files when the working directory is changed in the shortcut.

If you are comfortable with regedit, check out HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II. If not, back up your saves and try reinstalling.

IncGamers Member

Thanks to both you Oscuro and Ladvarian,
    I tried running the game and noticed that my saves were placed in some far off land called
    C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\save
    when I also noticed that I could not find my characters with gomule ....

I tried running as administrator (which I wish i didn't have to do more because its a pain, but ...) and didn't have access to my characters because the game was looking in
    C:\Games\Diablo II\save
    (which is where I would expect them to be)
    gomule can find these characters

and alas! Runewords mod works when I run the game as administrator

I had recently completed a fresh install and I installed the game into C:\Games\Diablo II directory;
    but the game wouldn't run unless I downloaded the patch (LODPatch_113d)
    I suspect the patch, in an effort to get diablo2 to run in vista somehow tied the game into the program files (x86)
    but (obviously) my computer knowledge is somewhat limited.

I would prefer not to install again (since I installed to the "correct" directory just a few days ago)
    any thoughts on getting the game to run without having to run as administrator, yet still having access to gomule and runewords mod?
    It won't kill me to run it as admin, so a solution exists.

in either case, thank you both very much for help.