Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 124 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1461
    IncGamers Member

Re: ATMA/GoMule/RWM etc - Help Thread

EDIT: I was slightly mistaken in my original post.

I have a copy of that registry key if you want me to send it to you? If not, I can ask my brother how to create one and walk you through it.

Basically, something deleted the registry key that came with your original install. Likely a registry fix you ran at some point thought it wasn't useful. My copy of CCleaner has done that. You can recreate it, or if you want to PM me your e-mail, I have a copy of it.

Now that I'm playing multiple versions, problems are cropping up. Most I've overcome with help from here but my biggest problem now is RWM no longer works. My install of 1.13 recognizes past ladder rune-words I've made but will not let me create any more. Telling the shortcut to "start in" the Runewords folder converts my Lod install to Classic. Is this what I have to look forward to playing multiple versions or is there a way around it? In the past I gave up playing multiple version due to annoyances and this is high up on that list.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoW Fanatic View Post
    Now that I'm playing multiple versions, problems are cropping up. Most I've overcome with help from here but my biggest problem now is RWM no longer works. My install of 1.13 recognizes past ladder rune-words I've made but will not let me create any more. Telling the shortcut to "start in" the Runewords folder converts my Lod install to Classic. Is this what I have to look forward to playing multiple versions or is there a way around it? In the past I gave up playing multiple version due to annoyances and this is high up on that list.
    I remember this happening when I first had windows 7 on my new laptop. I overcame this by installing D2 somewhere outside the Program Files folder. If that is too much of a hassle you could always try running D2 as an admin and see if it helps. If it does you might have to move your saves into the Program Files folder from the Virtual Folders.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\saves\

Quote Originally Posted by Ladvarian View Post
    I remember this happening when I first had windows 7 on my new laptop. I overcame this by installing D2 somewhere outside the Program Files folder. If that is too much of a hassle you could always try running D2 as an admin and see if it helps. If it does you might have to move your saves into the Program Files folder from the Virtual Folders.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\saves\
    I'm on an old dinosaur XP PC, my old gaming rig from way back. I'm guessing a fresh install is needed as I've tried moving the folder from Program Files and even to another harddrive to no avail. I guess I could try reinstalling on a seperate user account and hope that works.

Edit: Trying the old XP fast-user switching method seems to work. I made a shortcut to the game on another user account. I also moved all 1.13 character files back to the save folder of that install and they all show up when launching the game. Everything seems to be working and the folders all seem to be behaving independently instead of having to leave all character files in the 1.06b Classic save folder like before. Just thought I'd post in case anyone else runs into this problem.
    Last edited by DoW Fanatic; 30-12-2012 at 01:20.

Started playing exclusively SP|HC|P8 recently. At first I started with just the bare game, but eventually I incorporated RWM and now today I decided it would be a good idea to get something for item management.

I was able to load the character file, create a new stash, and move the items I wanted to move without any hitches. The only problem I've come across is that when I run the game and hop on my character, all the items that I moved are still there. If I close the game and load ATMA again, the file shows everything I moved is not on the original character and the stash I created has the items I moved on them, but nonetheless when I log on they're all still on my character.

Any ideas?

IncGamers Member

First make a back-up of your saves folder and the one listed below once you find it, for safety. Now are you playing on Win7/vista, or 8? If you are and not running the game as an admin your saves are more than likely in what are called 'virtual folders.' These folders are located in your user account folder. If you are using XP please reply further about this.

Using your login name for this forum as a substitute for your windows login here is where the saves are. You may need to enable hidden files and folders to see them.
    C:\Users\luxuria\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progra m Files (x86)\Diablo II\saves

Your stashes may be in the same virtual folder if you have ATMA in the Program Files folder
    C:\Users\luxuria\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Progra m Files (x86)\ATMA IV\

Now that you have the saves you can do one of a few things to get them to work. Try running the game and/or ATMA as an admin. Use the virtual folders as your real saves for use in ATMA. Or try moving the D2 folder outside the Program Files folder along with your most current saves. Out side the Program Files folder should eliminate the saving inside the virtual folders. Sorry I have not played the game in a while and am going off of memory.

Edit: Welcome to the forums and I'm glad you got the RWM working properly.

My OS is Vista.
    I tried finding those, there is no Appdata in C:\Users\Josh.

Could it be RWM that's causing a problem? I had to change the "target" and "start in" lines for on my shortcut:

Target
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt -w
    Start In
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Runewords"

I couldn't find that folder by going in to C:\Users\Josh but when I use the search I actually did find them.
    It won't let me move my Diablo folder outside of Progam Files, though.

Thanks for the help.
    I restarted my computer, and it allowed me to move the diablo 2 folder, and now everything works but unfortunately I ****ed up my character file while messing with everything and the only backup I have is 2 levels behind. I was blogging on another forum in a WT section so I think I may restart completely, was a smidge short of 70 @ Act V NM on SP P8 :(

IncGamers Member

Before you start over, I know that GoMule makes backups of your characters I believe ATMA does as well. PM Thyiad for info on how to and the legitness of getting the backup character working. If Thyiad PMs you that it is okay I'm willing to help you with this if she is too busy.