Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 206 of 266 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2657
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Re: What Was Your Best Drop Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh View Post
    This will be of interest.
    yes i read that a long time ago but forgot where. There was no mention of expected rates of rune drops tho, like nm LK seems to give around 1 shael per hour. It merely informs on the best possible to drop without context as to what can reasonably be expected. I need to do extensive runs of hell LK to nail done the expected rune drop rate.

"There’s NO guarantee you will get a high rune from running Lower Kurast. The odds of getting a specific high level rune are about 1/11k per run, considering two campfires and six chests being popped (6 special chests/65536 possibilities). Keep in mind these numbers are based on probability calculations. Each drop is independent of the other drops so if an HR just dropped or it hasn't for the past 20000 runs the odds are the same that it will (or won't) drop the next run. Theoretically is possible, although improbable, to make 20K runs and find squat or finding a Ber with 100 runs. More realistically you should expect a good rune every 2-3K runs. There’s a lot of luck involved. If you want the runes for a high level runeword like Enigma be ready to run more than 10 k times. It seems like a lot and it really is, but still is your best bet for HR in singleplayer."

Its not version 1.13, but you can easily work it out based on rune drop increases.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

I dont really understand the term 1/11k per run. Also, if im reading that guide correctly, i think it is about opening the superchests only. I never found any good runes from those particular chests. the ists, fals, lums and shaels on nm are dropping from random logs, skeletons, chests, and stashes. i cant tell for sure but i think being grouped in a multiplayer game does seem to produce better drops.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

What makes LK attractive is that there are so many containers. I can tele across the map in 3 minutes and pop everything. Many of them drop 4-5 items at a time, and theres gotta be around 30 per map. Its like killing 100 mobs ob players 8 in hell every 3 minutes. Last night i ran for about 40 minutes in hell LK and got a fal and ko.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

I would t be surprised if the actual rate is 1 um per hour, but every so often a very high rune drops which pulls your average up to 1 mal or ist per hour

At higher player settings there is a lower chance of no drop, and for items such as the super chests which have set drops, there are different drop patterns at different settings.

Superchests are run primarily 9with some people popping nearby logs and chests as well) because they offer the best chance of runes vex-ber (ruling out ist, gul because of hell forge) per single drop. With static maps in SP, this means very fast runs (under 20 seconds) for 6 superchests.

On the realms, it makes more sense to run a different target, OR just include more (logs, chests, skeletons) since the time investment is much larger just trying to find the super chests.

I would not finish a run w/o popping those 3 (or 6 it varies) super chests, but certainly hit more along the way.

Edit: Although this may add too much variability (and danger of dolls), running the sewers in act 3 can produce similar results. I don't know the number of super chests down there, but there are a few, and several other chest types and rat nests and more. I've personally found a sur, ber, gul, vex and more down there. The appealing part is that the area is small, but getting there can be a challenge for time, ofc.

Lower Kurast:

EDIT: Well that was fun.. How do I insert images PROPERLY?
    Last edited by Archone; 21-02-2013 at 06:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    Lower Kurast:
    you dropped lower kurast?

Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    Lower Kurast:
    wow amazing drop

you was in lower kurast and dropped from game?