These Bugs Need Fixing!
All bugs are considered to be 1.12 and 1.13 problems. If not 1.13, then consider for later patches.
1) Waypoint Memory Leak - more then one waypoint be activated at about the same time
2) Kick Skills - The result of this bug is that the skills will not perform an attack server side until you let go of the mouse button
3) Kick Skills Part II - it looks like it originally was supposed to factorize the mLvl and cLvl of target/attacker like other skills, but ends using the mLvl of the target for both factors (which means not matter what you attack with it, the outcome of this formula will be the same).
4) Kick Skills Part III - due to incorrect code in the default melee damage creation func, kick skills will recieve elemental damage from weapons.
5) Psychic Hammer - copy/pasted code from Dragon Talons knockback section, with the same formula bug on (using [acronym="Monster Level"]mlvl[/acronym] twice).
6) Kick Damage Bonus - This stat isn't really used in vanilla, but the bonus is added twice instead of once, so +1 is in reality +2.
7) Power Strike Bug - The power strike SrvStFunc ignores the attack rating bonus from skills.txt
8) Smite Bugs - It wasen't ever meant to hit all the time, they do call the attacker/defender routine :!:, the problem is that they ignore the results of this, probably because they confused AND with OR.
9) Smite also does not set unitflag #64 which tells the game a skill has been executed successfully (which will cause all kinds of glitches that may seem irrelated), finally.
10) Smite used by monsters uses the damage specified for mode A2, even if they didn't use A2 to launch the skill (and even if they have no damage specified for A2).
11) The Hell Meteors (stuff in river of flame) is entirely broken, that is meteors flash around the screen but never land, and when they land only rarely explode, and when they explode they spawn just 1 flame, instead of a fire patch (like meteor, and like they worked before v1.10)
12) Boss events that are delayed by a timer (Poison Death, Cold Enchanted, Lightning Enchanted, Firegolem Explosion, Fire Enchanted, Lightning Nova on death and others) all use the same timeout Id, as a result each single time a timeout is being set, all of these events will execute their effects.
13) After using certain skills (Frenzy, Leap Attack, Whirlwind, Charge) the player can get stuck in place
14) The defense bonus to ethereal items will increase every time the item is used in a cube recipe that alters item flags
15) Monster elemental damage is completely broken, the function Blizzard uses to generate monster stats does not discriminate between the different elemental damage columns, as a result the game will use the damage from the first column for all elementally enchanted attacks the monster can do (=Gloam Bug), this is further complicated by the feature that elemental damage done by monsters is effected by their critical hit chance (eg. Fire Explosion can deal double damage).
16) Melee attacking monsters that do life, mana and stamina steal damage do twice the amount of damage indicated
17) Mana drain bosses actually do 512 times the proper damage!
18) Skills that use SrcDamage values other then 128 do not have the proper amounts of damage as SrcDamage is incorrectly (and inconsistently) applied throughout the code which may lead to damage being reduced more then it should, on missiles the situation is worse as some damage types are not reduced at all.
19) This is more of a design flaw then a bug, the game will apply the ED% bonus after other damage bonus have been applied, this is not a bug because there is no way to change the check order in vanilla (weapon damage and extra weapon damage use the same stat, so changing the order would break ED% completely).
20) Poison rises its ugly head again, blizzard confused Poison_Count stat with Poison_Length when it comes to applying SrcDamage to the missile damage, as a result skills like Multishot (that have SrcDamage other then 128) will end up with invalid poison duration when you have more then one poison source (this is related to the above but deserves a seperate place)
21) Monsters that are low on max hitpoints will end up having no life regeneration (value rounded down to 0)
22) Players that have >99% physical resistance can become immune to crushing blow, as the function used for Crushing Blow does not discriminate between monsters and players
23) Summoned monsters will recieve extra attack rating and defense equal to 100% of the value listed in MonLvl.txt for their mLvl (noratio is ignored)
24) Monsters that use ranged attacks that require attack rating (Quill Rats, Blow Pipers etc) have twice the attack rating they should have
25) Throwing and shooting skills that add an attack rating bonus to the missiles do not add their bonus (it passes 0 to the function instead of reading the bonus of the missile)
26) Blessed Aim and Penetrate use the same state, as a result the two skills can cancel each other out because they will replace each others state statlists
27) There are many places in the code where Blizzard forgot to handle life and damage in 256ths, this results in 1/256 life assigned to units, which can cause all kinds of weird behavior
28) Evil Urn were not meant to spawn spiders
29) The ObjGroup data listed in levels.txt is very broken, some groups have a chance of 0% to spawn, other groups do not contain objects and thus just decimate the amount of objects spawning in the area
30) Curse Resistance is checked in the same function that handles most time-based statlists assigned to units, except for a few cases that are handled specially it will be applied to every time-based statlist, which means it will reduce the duration of positive effects as well for Fade (assassin skill)
31) The Frozen Horror arctic blast incorrectly triggers events, which can lead to a sprite overflow when the skill is cast on a Sorceress using Chilling Armor
32) All lookups for records in MonType.txt done on the client will incorrectly use the record count from MonProp.txt
33) This isn't a real bug, but then again it does cause some likely unintentional behavior (such as generating nests as bosses), the game uses nmon instead of umon to pick bosses after normal, which means they are picked out of the normal enemy pool instead of the special boss pool
34) Magic Pierce and Magic Skill Damage Stats
These stats, while not being used by vanilla, are inconsitently referenced by the code, so should they chose to use them in the future without fixing this mess, expect new bugs
35) Several boss death effects do not have NoMultishot set to true, as a result encountering and killing them if they have the Multishot UMod will spawn their death effect up to five times (Shenk et al.)
36) Extra oblivion knights added by v1.10 and v1.11x do not recieve the proper components, which means they show up with mismatching glow around their hands, this is caused by them not checking the BaseId, but rather checking the HcIdx
37) The game does not display affix-colors for Crafted Items because they were forgotten in the item-color function inside D2Client.dll
38) The fix to the old chest glitch has broken some act boss drops, some act bosses were originally meant to drop 7 rather then 6 items
39) The target seeking flags used on the client and server for missiles that automatically seek a target (Guided Arrow etc) are not identical, this can sometimes lead to different units being targeted on both ends, which makes the missile vanish
40) The last batch of palettes in RandTransforms.dat is never used by the game because they forget to adjust the index in the only lookup that really matters (the one in the drawing function)
41) Trapped souls that drop their items with a delay (those that go up in flames when you touch them), do not take into account your characters gold and magic find, they pass NULL to the tc function
42) Blizzard copy/pasted that Desert level for the uber quest in v1.11x, and forgot to set the Waypoint Id to -1 (255), waypoint lists are constructed clientside, and we all know what that means
43) Uber Diablo (or the Clone, one of the two) doesn't use the diablo-mode chart entry, instead he uses the same normal monsters use, which can cause unexpected problems
44) Treasure Class Upgrade Bug
This is a critical bug, the function does not check whenever it is reading the last record inside the TCEX BinImage, as a result it can end up traversing random memory until it asplodes
45) Some poison clouds have invalid hitclass set in Missiles.txt, as a result they play the same sound like a javelin does when you walk into them, which can be very annoying. The trail left by Plague Javelin doesn't do damage, because of a typo in the serverside movement function
46) Some quest flags are being reset when they shouldn't allowing you to recieve Andariels and Duriels quest drop infinite times until you visit Act II.
47) The guest monsters added in v1.11b (and also the Diablo Clone) have broken chains which will lead to various (but not really noteworthy) glitches
48) Broken Runewords
Some of the property codes assigned to the v1.11x runewords are not spelled properly (which will make the game quit assigning stats after the bad property is reached, which in itself is a bug, it should just skip it, like it does elsewhere)
49) There are several places where the walkable flags in the tiles are not properly set, allowing players to go to places they shouldn't be able to (eg. teleporting into walls), this also applies to monsters spawning on inaccessable islands (for example in the Act III sewers or the summoned creatures at Gibbding location)
50) Some items spawn with affixes they shouldn't recieve (such as circlets listed for both series of damage reduction, instead of only the first one meant for circlets, shields with AR), Small Charms should be able to recieve the Lucky prefix, instead the small charm version is assigned to large charms, some affixes have invalid itemtypes listed, which prevents them from spawning on those types (staves noteably listed as staff and not staf). There also are some problems with the qLvl and reqLvl of some affixes (ex. King's and Master's have the same qLvl and among the resistance affixes the strongest affixes have a lower level then a bunch of weaker ones available on the same items [IIRC] <keyword rods>), another incarnation of this is the Lizard's prefix on small charms, there are two variants available at the same qLvl that add different values (rather then one affix only), the weaker one was meant to be replaced by the later (I assume this because thats how some others like this are set up, the masters of copy/paste just forgot to edit the line...)
51) The Uber Quest Items drop in single player as well, where they are completely useless (quest drops like these should be hardcoded...)
52) The AiParams for some monsters (Vampires noteably) are incorrect, leading to the earliest species being more aggressive then the end-game variants, the Guest Monsters do not have their Ai adjusted at all, which means most of them act like Act1-2 enemies
53) Certain things are handled clientside that should never be controlled by the client, for very obvious reasons I wont mention what, because these things are presently not known to the armies of seething scriptkiddiots and I have no intention to feed them.
54) Trang-Oul's transformation bug (which is even listed on the Arreat Summit) - that being locked as a Vampire locks everything from attack, cast, and open-things speed at a vampire's, rather than the player's actual. It's really annoying to get "frozen" after kicking a barrel.
55) Santard of Heroes still do nothing.
56) Fire Enchnted damage got doubled, despite what stated in 1.13 patch notes.
57) Diablo Clone spawn mechanism encourage douping
58) TPPK problem: you all know this all too well
59) PK problem: doesn’t require mutual hostility-declaring to be able harm other players, deactivating hostility from one side result the other player still being able to harm the one renounced hostility.
60) Massive rune duping due to the rarity of high rune drops
61) Anya Resistance Bug (after player’s character’s death the resistances given by the Act5 questreward scroll disappears in effect but not at the shown value of character sheet, and only retruns when leaving the game)
62) Trang-Oul's Avatar Cast Rate Bug (it slows down the player for no known reason)
63) The client will continue executing the ClientDoFunc for skills even after you go into hit recovery, which leads to blank zeal swipes and ghost missiles that do not hit anything because they don't exist serverside (affects Fury, Zeal and Strafe),
dodge / avoide / evade interrputs Fend, Jab and Strafe in the way the animation continues but no damage is done
64) Glitch Rushing (Being able to complete Baal Quest by a lvl 1 character)
65) Game is Full Bug
66) Lying Character Screen (Speficically with +Damage modifiers)
67) Druid Spirits get 2 immunity on Nightmare and 1 in Hell, what makes them weaker contrary to all gamedesign.
68) When a nonladder character tries to join a ladder game, the following message is displayed:
Game does not exist.
69) When a ladder character tries to join a nonladder game, the following message is displayed:
A nonladder character can't join a ladder game.
70) The inferno-bug is still present. (skills that do damage per frame insted per hit deal half the listed damage)
71) The skill Sanctuary does not work correct: the Enhanced Damage doesn't work at all.
72) Game stops and bring back to chatroom when trying to revive mercenary without enough money at Qual'keh (act V NPC)
73) "% launch skill when attack/struck/die/level up" is not shown on item description in Diablo Spanish's version
74) Barbarian Leap/Leap Attack - The bug where you lose the ability to cast these skills until you exit and rejoin the game is fairly annoying and might even get you killed in hardcore.
75) Merc Equipment Auras - Having to reequip your merc's Insight/Harmony/etc to turn on the aura every time you resurrect him/her is a minor annoyance, but a big time waster for everyone.
76) Slowed Baal - When you use Clay Golem, Decrepify or items with Slow Monster on Baal, it completely neuters him. Because of the way his animations are set up, he constantly interrupts himself while slowed, never finishing one animation before starting the next. This bug prevents him from using teleport and many of his other dangerous skills, making him one of the easiest bosses to slaughter.
77) 1.11 patch gave only 7 runeword instead of 10 what patch notes says
78) While playing on the PTR today, my party and I noticed something strange while we were gathering the pieces of the staff in Act 2. On the Quest screen, the sixth and final quest box read "Talk to Meshif" before the party had killed Duriel. I suspect the player had beaten Duriel in a previous game, but that player left before answering my inquiry.
79) Dire Wolf Bug (Dire Wolf often trying to eat corpse that they cant eat. (for example corpse of Skeleton or Thorned Hulk)
80) Volcano Bug (it cant be using on very narrow place, for example stairs in arcane sanctuary and it cant be using on monsters that stay near by some objects)
81) the blue hireling (when the merc is chilled, so coloured blue, change map (like Tower Level. doessn’t work on open spaces as there no map-redraw happens). When map is redrawn the merc loos slowness, but isn’t coloured back to its original state. Rarely this also happens with the poison effect (colour green, cause unknown)
82) New glitch with Hellforge Hammer: it can be found more then one time by the same person.
83) bug with Wirst's Leg: Runewords do not work in this weapon at all. I think because it is handled as unque item, despite it is a regular item.
84) new bug: quest item upgrade is possible. Their item type is changed to "hand axe", quality is turned to normal instead of exceptional („unique normal to exceptional” Horadric recipe is used)
85) Im not sure if the palace glitch has been addressed but. I do find it anoying when another player goes in Palace celler, canyon or arcane way points. (so people without completing the Horadric Staff can talk to Jehrim)
86) Damage/Defense Reducing skills: They’ve been broken since the game has been released… they’re included in the damage calculation instead of using the end-result damage to calculate it.
87) thorns stacked dmgreduce in PvP (first dmg caused to target player is reduced, then the reduced number is reduced again when reflected to the attacker)
88) Fire Golem: My problem with this is that 1) He doesn’t absorb the fire damage period. It’s immune but it doesn’t get healed at all.
89) The two top lightning traps are actually so strong that at Nihlatak they can cause a bug killing Nihlatak so fast and from far away that the quest turns uncomplatable.
90) repairing harpoons and of the sort will not increase the quantity above 20, which is stupid as HELL because the cross-arrows show up at 15 or less, plus 20 isn't very much to work with. Also, it may just be on increased stack size weapons. I have 2 harpoon-type weapons and both were 110+ quantity, won't freaking repair over 20. BIG DEAL TO ME. I've not tried it with any other weapons though, so look out.
91) Sorceress Timerbug which came up with 1.10 and got ofc never fixed ......
92) bug: the assassins Dragon Talon skill first uses the monsters physical resistances, then converts the unresisted physical damage to its explosion damage, then uses the monsters fire resistances to further more lower the damage. This way it uses to kind of resistances instead of one, and is absolutly useless against physical immun monsters for what this skill was invented.
93) Act 5 Quest #5 - destroy the 3 Ancients Barbarians. I use Cloak of Shadow on them, hit them a few hit, then the game crash
94) Grief Smite Bug (the damage of Grief applied fully when Smite skill is used)
95) While using Impale Critical Strike (and maybe Double Strike?) abilities do not work.
96) Ice skating in town (run, then hold shift. The character’s walking animation stops, but the movement does not)
97) charge desync (clientside charge is faster, therefor serverside the character is shown at an incorrect place, resulting practical invisibility)
98) respec-aurastack glitch (when respeced the visual parts of skills will remain, and charactersheet modifiers falsly remain until skill is recast or rejoned to the game. Not sure what happens with period-skills, like Enchant, Werewolf form, Energy shield, Venom etc.)
99) Sometimes the mercenary turns invisible. It functions, but have no visible component. The provided aura is also not visibly on the affected targets, but still works correctly.
100) Sometimes when player's character gets poisoned (eg. in Act2 from Greater Mumies) the poison duration is unexpectedly long and the damage unreasonably high. Eg. when normally (99% of the time) the poison-effect damages 1/5 of the mximum health of the player this bugged damage will cause 3 times the maximum health the character have very fast.
I suspect here both poison lenght reduced and resistance of the player isn't applied.
102) FE + CE bug (when both ability is present on a boss monster, their effect activates twice on Nightmare difficulty only.)
103) Skating Assassin bug
104) With Charged Strike / Lightning Strike use Critical Strike /Doube Strike / Crushing Blow / Open Wounds or anything like that that depend on melee attack
105) gambling on classic from gheed act 1 norm
has throwing weapons in the gambling screen (unidentified), which when purchased are always 'white' superior throwing weapons, not magic/rare/unique
106) Dragon Talon attacks twice for every "hit" (but this bug is predicated on other bugs in various kick skills).
107) The knockback chance (at assassin finishing moves) factors slvl vs. mlvl, but incorrectly uses mlvl as a subtraction (leading to the end result being only slvl).
108) If somebody completes Den of Evil in a game, and somebody who hasn't done the quest joins the game, Akara will give them the option of respec as a chat option, but it does nothing. (May require the other player to be in game already, and then rejoin, but not get the quest done)
109) Due to typos in the column headers of weapons.txt, armor.txt, and possibly other places, Hratli incorrectly has a MagicLevel of 1. Her(?) name is misspelled as Hralti in those headers.
110) Oblivion Knights never attempt to heal their allies (they select a target to heal, however).
111) Fetish Shamans never use their Fetish Aura skill.
112) Fangskin, the superunique in the Viper Temple level 2, never drops any items in hell. This is because he has an incorrect Treasure Class.
113) Frozen Horrors in Act 5 cast Arctic Blast, which is incorrectly flagged to trigger events. This can easily cause a sprite limit overflow when they cast it on a Sorceress with Chilling Armor (or a character with a "Fortitude" that has cast Chilling Armor on them).
114) The "Fires Magic Arrows" property of some unique items doesn't correctly account for any other missile functions, leading to the arrows simply being normal arrows that (to the client) look like magic arrows. (I’m not sure if this bug has been corrected. Witchwild String seemed to work for me.)
115) Dragon Claw: If the first claw attack hits, the second one does normal damage and does not receive the charged-up bonus. (Also true for any multiply-hit finishing-moves of the assassin)
116) Tomb Viper variants in Act 5 in the "Halls" section of the Nithalak quest incorrectly apply their physical damage per frame when attacking with their "poison spear" attack. The attack should use their poison damage alone.
117) Prevent Monster Heal doesn't get applied from your merc's items.
118) Aura-stacking bug - When a character in-game equips 2 pieces of equipment which add the same active aura (example, equipping a dream runeword Hat and a dream runeword Shield both with lvl 15 holy shock auras), the aura's level will be stacked up (giving a level 30 holy shock aura).
119) However you can re-apply the levels repeatedly by trying and failing to trade with someone, triggered by trying to trade an item to a player when his inventory is full, trying to trade a 1-per-inventory item to a player that already has the same such item (trying to trade annhilus to a player holding one already), generally any situation where the trade can't go through for whatever reason. This will re-apply one (or both?) of the item's aura to the existing stacked aura, in our double dream case, giving you a level 45 holy shock. The stacking procedure can be further repeated and the effects further stack with additional failed trades.
120) When the window is stretched, the mouse still moves as if the window was the regular 800x600. This means that when you move the mouse completely off the window on a large resolution, it doesn't appear until so much further down.
121) wp: somtimes the town-wp is blue besides the currently used wp.
122) the change to duriel to allow the essence to drop screwed up his treasure class
he now sometimes doesnt drop a TP at all and sometimes drops nothing but town portals (lol)
123) When i create a game or leave one, the window moves back to its starting postion.... which isnt good at all, and if I recall correctly that didnt happen before 1.13
124) To reproduce: Buy a tome of town portal, set it to a F# key, make a town portal anywhere. Go back to town via a waypoint and put that town portal tome in the stash. Buy a new tome of town portal and go anywhere via a waypoint. This will not cast a town portal via the right mouse button when selected with the F# shortcut key (only the animation happens). A town portal can be cast with a right mouse click of the tome in the inventory though. If the original town portal tome is retrieved from the stash the right mouse button will cast a tp when the correct F# shortcut is selected.
125) char type = barb...while duel wielding, holding 1 weapon the damage adjusts as it should. adding a 2nd weapon for the first time the damage adjusts as it should in the character sheet. replacing either weapon with a 3rd , the damage remains unchanged. from that point on, in order to see the damage adjust i had to unwield all weapons. closing the inventory and character sheet windows, the "incorrect" damage was still listed in the character sheet when character window is reopened.
126) If you create a new game or join to an existing game or quit from a game and previously moved the window anywhere from the starting position (from the middle), it will jump back to it's original position.
127) If you travel to the next Act with quest (not through waypoint) and previously moved the window anywhere from the starting position (from the middle), it will jump back to it's original position.
128) The last charge on any summoning skill from item does not work (the summoned creature immediatelly disappears).
129) Hydra - Decreased base speed of Hydra projectile.
The projectile speed seems to have been decresed instead of being increased as stated in the patch notes. If they were meant to be increased, it is a bug. Only for players, ingame monsters work fine.
130) When an assassin wields a +2 DT claw, her DT skill level does not go up. Doesn't matter which hand she holds it in. +2 skills claw works, but not +2 Dragon Tail claw.
131) I have the option to respec in Hell from Akara, although I have not completed the Den of Evil quest.
I only played by myself in private rooms and didn't complete the quest in Normal or Nightmare either.
132) I had Thunderstorm active when I was killed then left the game and rejoined with a new character (played in hardcore). On my sons screen, the Thunderstorm graphics and sound was still flashing every few seconds.
133) When i have died, and click on my corpse. Tele is no longer mapped to a hot key. This also happends wheneven i am out of tele charges. Happens with any ability used from charges. This is when using items with charges only. Eg. Enigma dont have that problem.
134) When I use stat-up charms like hellfire charm, ani charm, 2 strength small charm, 1 dexterity charm
in my monitor my character is dressed
But in the others monitors my character is undressed
135) Strenght bug: When a piece of equipment is put on a character that only reach the Strenght (DEX etc.) requirement of the item with other items (like charms), and the item provides the same bonus the item remains usable when the equipments that helped to put on the character the euipment in question are removed. (Eg. the character has 10 STR, weapon has STR requirement of 20, and has an affix what provieds 10 STR. Player aquires a +10 STR charm, puts on the weapon, drops the +10 STR charm, and the weapon remains fully active.)
136) I used my normal respec and nightmare respec at akara. i then entered hell. after i got to act 5 i visited act 1 and when i talked to Akara the reset skill/stats option was available even though i didn't complete the den quest. After I clicked it and also clicked Ok nothing happened. I could do this as many times as I wanted. After clearing the den i tried again and then it worked and the option was no longer available.
137) waypoints aren’t active when you make a new game and visit an already activated wp on foot (not through the wp itself)
138) Oblivion Knights (located ANYWHERE) don't cast the curse Lower Resist anymore.
139) when moving and hit by decrep the slowing effect (not sure about its other effects) do not work
140) On the Barb there is a spelling error on one of the skill icons. It says "Pole Arm Mastery" instead of "Polearm Mastery" (the space). All the weapons say "Polearm Class".
141) "Drop barabarian" bug/exploit (bug doesnt appear in Single Player games).
Barbarian, wich have at least one point in each skill at Masteries tree, under Shout, Battle Orders, Battle Command,
Enchant, Venom buffs and with few auras (Fanaticism, Holy Shock, Holy Fire) causes droping from game other characters.
142) Wrong Paladin's Smite damage shown at character screen when items with "+ Damage" attribute equipped.
143) Sorceress skill Telekinesis and Waypoints. When Telekinesis casted from far distance on waypoint it
opens waypoint screen but waypoints at that case does not trigger.
144) "Invisible missiles". Missiles like Bone Spirit or Blessed Hammer can become invisible for players. In case of skill Blessed Hammer, missiles become invisible when Paladin moves around very fast when casting Blessed Hammer (with FRW attribute on items, Charge, Vigor).
145) radament & countess reported sometimes missing
146) when creating a game in window mode and tabbing back into diablo there is a weird wind like howling sound in the backround. to fix this i have to go to sounds and move the sound bar which is pretty annoying to do every time (windows xp)
147) Leaper cannot be killed (0 hp monster)
148) whirlwind death disconnection
in pvp, when whirlwinding, sometimes when i die while in the whirlwind animation, it freezes at the "hit escape to revive in town message" and sits there for an annoyingly length of time, then tells me my connection has been interrupted.
149) not sure if this has been noted yet but i was going over the barb skill tree and saw that the mana cost of Double Swing was -1 (should show 0 as using the skill doesn’t generate mana)
150) you can access Waypoints in town using telekenesis, however if you've just spawned in the game and haven't moved before attempting to use a waypoint via telekenesis then you cannot travel to any other waypoints until you move.
151) Blaze don't give 1% damage per point to firewall.
152) Dual-wield in were-forms is bugged.
153) i gave my act 1 mercenary a magic bow called 'composite bow of transcendence', an ordinary composite bow with extra 18 min dmg option
when i looked at her stat, her dmg was shown as 227-188 which didnt make any sense
i tried with other bows with min dmg option and they seemed to be fine until i found a 'long bow of transcendence', an ordinary long bow with extra 19 min dmg option
funnily these two bows are shown to have the same dmg (22-23) even though their original dmg are different
(long bow: 3-10 and composite bow: 4-8)
when i gave her this bow, the min dmg also showed up higher than the max dmg
also the max dmg of long bow was a little bit higher than that of composite bow, 227-194 (which is true but they both are shown to have the same dmg, 22-23)
i have tried these bows myself and my dmg is shown as 37-38 for both bows
i personally think that 22-23 dmg is because their normal max dmg is lower than 18 or 19 making the min dmg as 'normal min dmg + extra dmg' and the max dmg as 'min dmg + 1'
but i dunno why the min dmg is shown higher than max dmg on the mercenary
(Simply put: the game-mechanic should have been adjusted with a line what’d tell if min. dmg is > max. dmg, then min dmg = max. dmg–1 or if min. dmg is > max. dmg, then max. dmg = min. dmg+1. This later whould be preferred to avoid balance problems with certain skills.)
154) Hsarus' Iron Heel (Set Chain Boots) with an Assassin and it doesn't display the kick damage that goes with it of 6-12. It goes is applied and everything though.
155) When in WorldStoneKeep’;s levels and fighting without walking around (happens when many monsters are present and using a somewhat low damage weapon) the AI thinks the player don’t do anything, so initiates the elemental attack „from Baal”. The effect actually doesn’t come to play, but the laughing effect do happen from this effect. (Try it on higher difficulty where the AI is more active.)
156) When defeating Baal Tyrael appears fixedly at the location where Baal is defeated. Compared to Tyrael the red portal appears at a fixed location. The result of this is that sometimes the portal’s location is inaccessible.
Submitted by Erichvon, after gathering the list from the Battle.net - Diablo II - Test Realm Forum
D2 Test Realm