Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 1.13 Zealot's Guide to Perfection

To be honest I still think you're still being too hard; I did a lot of work on this guide and I've read the other Zealot guides. Not to toot my own horn, but I think mine is on the peak or next to it.

Vengeance is an interesting skill, but the damage output is so ridiculous why waste that 1 point, when it can go into your Defiance? Physical Immunes are so few and far in between you can handle a few seconds of grinding one monster without it, plus you should have elemental damage from a few sources (e.g. Raven Frost). Now if it's PI and CI then just don't even bother if your only source of elemental damage is cold. What's one monster? If you HAVE to kill it, buy a mercenary and slap a radiance of elemental damage on him. Don't waste that precious skill point on a silly skill (unless they buff it in future patches).

Quote Originally Posted by Rawness View Post
    If one thing I’d mention Blessed aim as a 1-20 and defiance as 1-20…
    I do mention it and I'll quote it

"The reasoning behind maxing defiance instead of blessed aim is because the defense given from defiance is much greater then the attack rating given from Blessed Aim."

Trust me I've tested it before and it's totally worthless you're better off using Hsarus' Iron Heel + Hsarus' Iron Stay and two Angelic Halos.

~Edit~
    Here are some rings that you can use instead of wasting 1 point
    Raven Frost - Adds 15-45 Cold Damage
    Stone of Jordan - Adds 1-12 Lightning Damage
    Carrion Wind - 10% Chance To Cast Level 10 Poison Nova When Struck

Amulets-
    Highlord's Wrath - Adds 1-30 Lightning Damage | Attacker Takes Lightning Damage Of 15
    The Rising Sun - Adds 24-48 Fire Damage | 2% Chance To Cast Level 13-19 Meteor When Struck
    Atma's Scarab - +40 Poison Damage over 4 seconds
    The Eye of Etlich - Adds (1-2) to (3-5) Cold Damage
    Nokozan Relic - Adds 3-6 Fire Damage

Other-
    Exile- Freezes Target
    Death- 25% Chance To Cast Level 18 Glacial Spike On Attack | Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
    Grief- 35% Chance To Cast Level 15 Venom On Striking | Adds 5-30 Fire Damage | -20-25% To Enemy Poison Resistance (varies)
    Call To Arms- Adds 5-30 Fire Damage

Vengeance - Level 1
    Fire Damage: +70 percent
    Cold Damage: +70 percent
    Lightning Damage: +70 percent

Vengeance - Level 1 - With 1 point in Salvation/ Resist Fire/ Resist Cold/ Resist Lightning
    Fire Damage: +82 percent
    Cold Damage: +82 percent
    Lightning Damage: +72 percent

Last edited by Tidolwav; 21-03-2010 at 00:36.

The elemental damage from those sources is laughable. With a high damage weapon, enough ias and only one point vengeance you will take down PIs with ease. Obviously "wasting" a point is not ideal if you only pvp but it's the best solution by several orders of magnitude. And skipping parts of the game hardly makes for a perfect build ;D

I wonder how the berserk from passion will compare. Your ed from fanat will apply to it, unlike with vengeace.

Banned

death is pretty much best weapon for a zealer, with grief being close to it ( well... both of them are pretty close to each other ) and BOTD is trailing behind, cause its useless ( dont bring up lying screen nonsense, damage on death > botd )

i like exile, but for perfect builds, exile is a no no, if you ll go to ZvZ duels with exile, gg lifetapper. for pvm, sure, pretty good shield.

funny that i cant see double upped goblin toes, those boots are a beast in pvm

belts: why didnt you mention tgods?

gloves: why no LoH? good damage boost, ias, fire res, those golves are pretty awesome to what they offer.

i ll still hold to my opinion that torch is useless on zealer, anni as well.

gear section: you got so much gear, you just listing it, there isnt a nice set. i know coh is good, and i know kira is good, so i ll go in zeal vs zeal with that. we both know that you are not getting extra damage from coh in PvP.

still needs work on it, but now it... it is much better then it was before.

Funny thing is I've done so much dueling that Ebotdz isn't that bad of a PvP weapon, maybe I'll post screenshots/videos sometime. Why would you use Goblin Toes instead of Goreriders, what's 10% more CB? Minor variables are not THAT important. It's almost a waste of time to get every little detail perfect. The STR and VIT you get from TGod's is alright, but you can get the same from a PAnni or PTorch or 10 anni and 10 torch. Damage Reduced is much more important.

I'm not sure if you understand that all the gear is for Zealot vs All, not ZvZ. Which is why (if you read it) I say CoH and Kira's are for vs Ele (say sorc or fire druid). Laying of hands is on my Mediocre guide. They're good, but definitely NOT needed for a zealot, unless you're using Death which I say "... for some 20% IAS and +STR gloves if you're using the Death runeword."

-Edit- Also you must not be reading everything I wrote, because I have this as well "...Use Laying of Hands gloves for your 20% IAS, it also has 50% fire resist which is nice..." But I put it in the gear section to make you happy. Either way, read my whole guide don't skim, if you're going to give me a review. It's just not worth it to argue my case if it's already in the guide. With that I probably won't respond anymore unless it's actually a valid question/argument. Thank you. -Edit-

+25 Defense - Worthless
    +20% Increased Attack Speed - Nice if you're using Death
    +350% Damage To Demons - PvM only
    Fire Resist +50% - Nice against fire sorcs
    10% Chance To Cast Level 3 Holy Bolt On Striking - Worthless

Alright, you win, I'll add the gloves to the guide.

Also Anni/Torch gives resistance which is nice for Sorcs/CS/Ele Druids/Avengers/ or any other elemental build
    the stats gained from anni and torch are almost reason enough to keep them. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by hubb View Post
    The elemental damage from those sources is laughable.
    It was sarcasm in the form of seriousness! I was pointing out that you don't need to put a point in vengeance to get elemental damage to take out a PI.
    Quote Originally Posted by hubb View Post
    I wonder how the berserk from passion will compare. Your ed from fanat will apply to it, unlike with vengeace.
    Actually you raise a nice question there, Passion doesn't have a high rune cost either. I'll test it later, thank you for pointing that out to me! I'll look into the Berserk.

-Edit- Kingslayer adds +1 to vengeance... I'll test and compare the two weapons and make a decision, thanks for the ideas guys -Edit-

Last edited by Tidolwav; 21-03-2010 at 17:19. Reason: Minor details

Banned

t-gods are nice for souls in wsk

pretty nice guide imo, not sure why alot of people seem to be disliking it. although the perfection bit is not really needed, seeing as one persons opinion will be different then the next (different play styles etc).

anyway enjoyed the guide... was wondering if this could work with 2h, i've been dieing to try and make a 2h zealot for for the past few months, although havn't found much info on how to go about doing it.I'm not really concerned about the loss of defense from not having a shield and im guessing i could get some extra resists from other sources (charms mostly), this would be on hardcore SP btw.

IncGamers Member

"3/20/20 x 37"

haha

Quote Originally Posted by KillaMike View Post
    t-gods are nice for souls in wsk
    Of course absorbing lightning is fun, but one thing you have to realize is this: The gear I've chosen all have PvP details underneath them. Which gets me thinking, maybe I should include PvM material in this as well... hmm ... thank god I can still edit!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidus View Post
    "3/20/20 x 37"

haha
    That's where "perfection" goes into, perfection meaning perfect gear, don't even tell me that it's impossible to have 37 legit 3/20/20's. It's just a lot of looking, trading, and/or being picky. I should also note if you can't find a 3/20/20 you can go for the runner up 3/x/x, I just listed the perfect stats on all items, because that's obviously your aim. Now give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeape View Post
    ...i've been dieing to try and make a 2h zealot for for the past few months...
    Thank you for your compliment! Read above for "perfection"
    Try this for a 2h zealot, it's not a complete guide, but it's something to start with. If you like it I can run with it, if not tell me why, and I'll adjust. You'll probably prefer a fanaticism aura though, anyways here it is: Zealot Fanaticist Group

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tidolwav View Post
    Of course absorbing lightning is fun, but one thing you have to realize is this: The gear I've chosen all have PvP details underneath them. Which gets me thinking, maybe I should include PvM material in this as well... hmm ... thank god I can still edit!
    then why did you listed other PvM items? zealers does a short work against any caster, just get charge and charge to death while running salvation, d'oh.

sure, go for PvM section as well, and 1 more thing to ask: GET RID OF SMALL WRITING, it hurts my eyes by staring at it on my screen (and i am too lazy to zoom in)

Quote Originally Posted by KillaMike View Post
    GET RID OF SMALL WRITING
    "Ready to work!"
    "Yes?"
    "Hmmm?"
    "What do you want?"
    "Something need doing?"
    "I can do that."
    "Be happy to."
    "Work, work."
    "Okidoki."