Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: Fave Animated Show/Series?

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    seriously, i feel Futurama was so underrated. it's a great show, it kinda sucks that it got canceled. but the good news is that they are still making "episodes." like, Comedy Central likes to do a premier of a new Futurama "movie"- a really long show split up into four parts or something. there have been a few i have caught.

Futurama is definitely an underrated show. I think there were a lot of haters when it first came out because people felt that Matt Groening was just copying The Simpsons into the future. It really is a different show, although the animation style is similar, I find it funny for different reasons.

The movies you speak of are actual straight-to-DVD movies, you can buy them, as well as see them on TV in parts. There are four movies as of now, and it appears there's going to be a fifth one as well (or some kind of continuation, whether it's a movie or a new season).

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    and ATHF is awesome! idc what anyone says, talking food is great!! XD dude, i love Master Shake. i mean, Meatwad is great as well, but Shake is so freakin' hilarious. i haven't seen 12 Oz. Mouse tho... i remember it used to come on adult swim, but not anymore. have you seen The Drinky Crow show? that one is ok, sometimes weird. that one show, i forget the exact name but it has Xavier in it and Xavier is a furry humanoid thing with hooves, a beak, and a snake for a right arm that likes to eat kids, apparently (lol, Marahumm told me about that episode and i THINK i saw it a long time ago... dunno). the first episode i can recall well enough is Xavier goes to Burning Man or something in the desert and has a pet "dog" that is following him. only his "dog" is not a dog. it's, uh.... well, it's a huge sperm. sure acts like a dog, tho. that show is weird!!! haha!
    I know of both Drinky Crow and Xavier: Renegade Angel, but I haven't seen them. I'll have to make a note to actually watch them when I see them come on. 12 Oz. Mouse ran for two seasons, I think 20 episodes total. It was a very odd show, with fairly absurd humour.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

i like fairly absurd humor.

(my humor is weird. i like to laugh at dark things and make jokes about it. or make up my own dialogue for chars who don't speak and turn it VERY dirty. i was doing that last night. i think i had Marahumm blushing. XD )

There are too many to list, out of more or less current ones i'd pick the following few:

1. Family guy
    2. South Park
    3. Futurama
    4. Cowboy Bebop
    5. Trigun

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

1. The Simpsons - I remember when this first came out, I was a junior in college (university for non-US folk) up in Maine. Fox at the time didn't broadcast in Maine, so my buddy from Boston had his mother videotape each episode and mail it to us weekly so we could get our fix.

2. Ace and Gary

3. The Tick

4. Futurama

5. King of the Hill

6. Justice League

7. Batman Beyond

9. ESPN Sportscenter

OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

Banned

futurama
    american dad
    hellsing
    and thats it i can remember from top of my head lol

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    1. The Simpsons - I remember when this first came out, I was a junior in college (university for non-US folk) up in Maine. Fox at the time didn't broadcast in Maine, so my buddy from Boston had his mother videotape each episode and mail it to us weekly so we could get our fix.

2. Ace and Gary

3. The Tick

4. Futurama

5. King of the Hill

6. Justice League

7. Batman Beyond

9. ESPN Sportscenter
    Quote Originally Posted by Marahumm
    SPOOOOON!!!!!!
    um, ok... lol!! XD i will disagree about ESPN Sportscenter. or any other football sports talk show. those guys in suits are so annoying and i want to hit each and every one of them in the face! lol!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KillaMike View Post
    futurama
    american dad
    hellsing
    and thats it i can remember from top of my head lol
    HEEEEELLLLLSIIIIINNNGGG!!! yes! haven't finished it yet, but so far it's so great! Alucard is one of my new loves!! hehe, he is how TRUE vampires are, not these..... sparklepires, and that is putting it nicely!

Top 5

*Clears throat*

1. ReBoot
    2. Beast Wars / Beasties
    3. Batman: The Animated Series
    4. Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994)
    5. Gargoyles

Major nostalgic trip checking out the openings on YouTube. It has been years since I have seen any of these.

So many of these, and for so many different reasons.
    For "adult" cartoons the only two I can tolerate are Futurama and King of the Hill, though I prefer King of the Hill. (Whoever said that the Lucky/Luane story arc brought it down is completely right).

For regular old cartoons it has to be The Once and Future King, ZIM! Nothing else comes close.
    But, some do try:
    Gargoyles (**** yeah)
    Johnny Bravo
    Hey Arnold!
    Doug
    Angry Beavers
    and I guess an honorable mention to the various superhero cartoons of the late 90s, which I watched a lot but can't remember that well.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

I have to say that pre Southpark the Simpsons and the Warner Bros stuff was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by MinasMorgul View Post
    Top 5

*Clears throat*

1. ReBoot
    2. Beast Wars / Beasties
    3. Batman: The Animated Series
    4. Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994)
    5. Gargoyles

Major nostalgic trip checking out the openings on YouTube. It has been years since I have seen any of these.
    Whoa, we have similar tastes. Beast Wars (or Beasties as it was known here) was my favorite show. I absolutely loved the characters and who could forget the episodes Possession, Code of Hero and Transmutate.

ReBoot was amazing as well and Spider-Man: The Animated Series was my reference point for everything related to Spider-Man during my childhood.

I also loved Futurama and Samurai Jack. I would get so into Samurai Jack while I was watching and if it weren't for commercials, I would have completely lost track of time while watching it.

And does anyone remember Swat Kats? I didn't get a chance to watch a lot of episodes, but from what I remember, it was pretty entertaining.