Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Re: Fave Animated Show/Series?

Quote Originally Posted by s4nder View Post
    Thanks for the reference. I was also curious about which season to start with. I've caught both series on and off on TV but if I were to properly start watching them, which season to start with so that I don't miss the important story bits but skip the presumably worse early seasons?
    hmmm.... you may have to ask Marahumm or another SP fanatic about this (Techno, LorveN, etc.). i love it, but im more familiar with the more recent episodes, not the EARLY early stuff.

I doubt I'll have the energy to watch all the 20+ Simpsons seasons.
    haha, no joke! i don't blame you in a way. at least catch a few of their classics. im sad to say, but my mind can't think of any.

Quote Originally Posted by s4nder View Post
    Thanks for the reference. I was also curious about which season to start with. I've caught both series on and off on TV but if I were to properly start watching them, which season to start with so that I don't miss the important story bits but skip the presumably worse early seasons? I doubt I'll have the energy to watch all the 20+ Simpsons seasons.
    It really depends on what you're looking for. The earlier seasons are less in tune with the current events during their airing where-as later episodes can focus on events that JUST happened (note: the day after Obama was elected president they aired an episode where he was elected and included some of his speech afterward). Also in the earlier seasons you'll notice that the kids are a lot more innocent (cartman included) than they are in later seasons.

Each south park episode can be viewed seperately (aside from 2/3 parters [imagination land, panflute episodes, cartman's dad episodes, cartoon wars]). If you measure quality by animations then the later seasons will be more enjoyable, but you might be inclined to watch some earlier classics as well.

IncGamers Member TurbulentTurtle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    Pani Poni Dash

and I'm giving myself brownie points for surely being the only one to pick it

I saw a review of it where the guy said it was more bizarre than The Mighty Boosh, which is hard to believe but might be true
    There was this other one I was watching, I think it was Kemeko DX...
    I forget, it was pretty weird, but PPD has way better music. And characters.

Hmm, for the more modern generation, there was a season a few years back that I thought got pretty bad (I think it was the season where Mr. Garrison "changed" ), but since that season, I think they've been unbelievably awesome! I think it might have been after season 9, I can't remember... I'll get on there later and maybe compile a favs list or something.

To Leo: Actually, through my intermittent stay in D2 from the past 7 years, this is about the 10th time I ever saw this thread. (sorry!)

I am going to separate Japanese and American animated shows just because I watch them for different purposes (one to use brain and the other to be brain dead, respectively)

American:
    1) Futurama (IMO better than Simpsons, though not funnier... come on, no one like the resurrected dog episode? Lela's parents one? Best episode ever)
    2) South Park (Whale Wars is pure genius)
    3) Simpsons (The original funny)
    4) Family Guy/American Dad (Wish they did show Muhammad, haha)
    -------5 and lower I watched when I was a kid...
    5) Transformer Beast War/Machine (It was SOOO cool, but everyone loved pokemon)
    6) Scooby Doo (I only rank it this high for tribute)
    7) Batman Begins (IMO best Batman series, bad guys actually die in this)
    8) Justice League
    9) Dexter's Laboratory
    10) Scrooge McDuck (I forgot, I think this is the real name)/Baloo? (The bear from Jungle Book flying a cargo plane, by Disney)
    -------------------------------------

Japanese:
    Kemono no Souja Erin, CF GPX, Saber Marionette J, Doraemon (Kudos to the other dood that mentioned this), Lucky Star, Queen's Blade, Toradora... I am pretty sure there are 50 other titles I am missing, check my HD later... and yes Johnny/piracy hypocrits... I DLed them...)

Top Three:
    The Simpsons
    South Park
    Futurama

King of the Hill deserves a mention, also liked Tom goes to the Mayor, for those who have seen it. Can't forget 12 Oz. Mouse and Aqua Teen Hunger Force either - gotta love those adult swim shows.

King of the Hill....well until Tom Petty showed up and hooked up with Luanne. Went way downhill after that. I am still amused by the first six seasons.

I used to watch The Simpsons but it just got boring and not funny.

IncGamers Member TurbulentTurtle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razen View Post
    Doraemon (Kudos to the other dood that mentioned this)
    Kudos nothing, you copied me.
    Can't even think of your own favourite anime. What happened to you "all time favourite anime" Spice and Wolf?

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razen View Post
    To Leo: Actually, through my intermittent stay in D2 from the past 7 years, this is about the 10th time I ever saw this thread. (sorry!)
    lol, dude, it's not a prob! still kind of a newbie around here. hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by cralz View Post
    Top Three:
    The Simpsons
    South Park
    Futurama

King of the Hill deserves a mention, also liked Tom goes to the Mayor, for those who have seen it. Can't forget 12 Oz. Mouse and Aqua Teen Hunger Force either - gotta love those adult swim shows.
    seriously, i feel Futurama was so underrated. it's a great show, it kinda sucks that it got canceled. but the good news is that they are still making "episodes." like, Comedy Central likes to do a premier of a new Futurama "movie"- a really long show split up into four parts or something. there have been a few i have caught.

and ATHF is awesome! idc what anyone says, talking food is great!! XD dude, i love Master Shake. i mean, Meatwad is great as well, but Shake is so freakin' hilarious. i haven't seen 12 Oz. Mouse tho... i remember it used to come on adult swim, but not anymore. have you seen The Drinky Crow show? that one is ok, sometimes weird. that one show, i forget the exact name but it has Xavier in it and Xavier is a furry humanoid thing with hooves, a beak, and a snake for a right arm that likes to eat kids, apparently (lol, Marahumm told me about that episode and i THINK i saw it a long time ago... dunno). the first episode i can recall well enough is Xavier goes to Burning Man or something in the desert and has a pet "dog" that is following him. only his "dog" is not a dog. it's, uh.... well, it's a huge sperm. sure acts like a dog, tho. that show is weird!!! haha!

Ok, I was bored and made a list of my recommendations. You can go by season on http://www.southparkstudios.com. I don't think any of these require any previous knowledge of characters or events except where I mention.

Going backwards seasonally (+ means REQUIRED VIEWING!!):
    13:
    +Butter's Bottom B****
    Dances with Smurfs (if you're a political junkie)

12:
    +Pandemic
    +Pandemic 2: The Starling
    The Ungroundable (the Goth Kids are in this one, but I can't remember what other episodes they're in)

11:
    Night of the Living Homeless (jmerv's nightmare )
    +Guitar Queer-o

10:
    ++Make Love, Not Warcraft
    +Tsst!
    +Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy
    Return of Chef (made when "chef" quit because he was a Scientologist)

9:
    Die Hippy, Die
    Ginger Kids
    Best Friends Forever

8:
    Good Times With Weapons (The origin of Leo's old avatar! ^-^)(for background on Prof. Chaos, check out the 2 season 6 episodes first.)
    Something Wall-mart This Way Comes
    +++++++++++(!!!)Woodland Critter Christmas (this is probably the funniest ****ing thing I've ever seen in my life!)

7:
    Fat Butt and Pancake Head
    Grey Dawn

6:
    Professor Chaos(, then...)
    The Simpons Already Did It

5:
    +Scott Tenorman Must Die
    Towelie
    The Entity

3:
    Chinpokomon
    Cat Orgy

Last edited by Technomancer; 17-12-2009 at 09:20.