Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Anyone Else Went Black Friday Shopping?

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    hell to the no! we left my mom's house before noon, bt a bit late. we took back roads to get to I-10. the second part of the route was INSANE! the road heading into a small town with no big stores/malls in it was PACKED and we sat there for perhaps thirty minutes trying to get passed the "town square". well, like i was thinking, people were heading out to Renn Fest as it was open that day (and it's the last weekend for the year). Marahumm was so irritated! once we got past "town square", we were good to go.

and we got to Mara's mom's yest. someone, a soldier, was already killed. he was crossing the street to go to Wal-Mart to get his son a toy and got ran over. :\ i was sad. is it just me, or is there usually one death on Black Friday bcuz someone gets trampled or something?
    Yea... last year it was Walmart. That's why they opened 24 hours this year. (Which means all the good stuff are gone by midnight... I wonder how does the pricing work... does everything you pick up immediately became 50% cheaper when the clock struck midnight?)

Oh and a related story, when I drove home that day... I think I accidentally ran a red light (even though I was sure at the time to be green... but then I am slightly dilusional from being cramped for 4 hours) Thank god the person going the other way had enough senses to stop or there would be no Black Friday shopping thread from me.

I wonder how much an excuse would that hold up in insurance claim. "I swear it was green! And I just came back from Black Friday, if you know what I am saying. *wink wink"

Lord no, I would not even venture out.

A RL friend I know from WoW works at our local Target store and she was telling me how crazy it was. She works in electronics and as soon as the doors opened, she heard what was close to a stampede to her department. One of the Wal-Marts near me had fist fights.

Bought a few things on-line and some in store after work. The only thing I really need to find is a Zhu Zhu pet and hopefully I can find one before Christmas for my daughter. That and a sock monkey.

Worse, I traveled on Black Friday.

With Amazon price matching nearly every major store's black friday deals, I can't imagine why anybody really went out there.

I did just make my first Black Friday Weekend purchase though. I bought all 3 seasons of Arrested Development online from Best Buy for $35 shipped. Yahoo.

Well, shopping online sort of ruin the fun of Black Friday shopping if you ask me.

It's the spirit of it where you can whine about it for days about the horrible experience and then do it year after year. Sitting comfortably at home clicking? Come on now...

(And I am not even being sarcastic)

It's like people wouldn't go to a football game because they can TiVO with their HD TV. I say... what a waste. Where's the fun in that?

Honestly, I am going to remember all my Black Fridays when I am fifty... are all you online shoppers going to? Nope... that day to you guys, is just another Friday... to the wait-in-liners... it's a special day.

And when St Peter asked me what I did on Black Friday, I will tell him about stories where people get trampled to death in Walmart, and we will get a kick out of it.

So to all you online shoppers... suck it!

The fun isn't in the pursuit for me, though I do enjoy going to the mall on Christmas Eve just to people watch. I don't like the stress of trying to get a few particular things.

I went to PlaynTrade (cheap version of Gamestop) and bought a crapload of Original Xbox games

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

So what was it like this time?

Wouldn't it be a good strategy to wait until Saturday? I mean, if everybody goes shopping on Friday, the shops will have to offer reasons to do so next day.

English question of the day: Do weekdays start with a capital letter?
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    I have no idea! But I am always fascinated on Black Friday because that is the one day of the year where the parking lots are 90-100% full.

Wouldn't it be a good strategy to wait until Saturday? I mean, if everybody goes shopping on Friday, the shops will have to offer reasons to do so next day.
    It's usually safer to stay in and shop online or wait another time or shop in August. But now that the holidays are coming, some stores will be having some kind of sale every weekend or every other week... maybe. idk, every time I go into Kohl's (clothing store) there is always a sale happening and I LOOOOOOVE it!! Love Kohl's. ^^

English question of the day: Do weekdays start with a capital letter?
    yes as well as our months.

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    No idea. I have this thing called 'dignity'. My post from 2009 is still applicable in 2012.

I am actually snooping around for some furniture for one of my weird projects. One of these days I might start a topic here to fish for some ideas/advice.

IncGamers Member

I recently had the reverse experience, breaking down furniture with brute force and tools, bagging it, and putting dozens of bags in the dumpster (I don't have a vehicle to take it to the dump). It's wonderful to have the extra space around here, and it helps the air circulate. Less is more.

Dredd, your link leads back to here.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    yes as well as our months.
    "as well as" reduces to "and". Heil Strunk!!