Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Re: Post and discuss your pets

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Mike View Post
    Another cat-mod
    Just to inform you: The ETF is 100% cat land

D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Quit cats, let's talk about lizards :grin:

Mine is a bearded dragon (Pogonna Vitticeps) that is about 5 years old (life expectancy is about 10 years when in captivity)
    click!

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BabyLink View Post

Mine is a bearded dragon (Pogonna Vitticeps) that is about 5 years old (life expectancy is about 10 years when in captivity)
    click!
    ooh! s/he is pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyLink View Post

click!
    He/she is rather cute. I know next to nothing about pets other than cats and guinea pigs.

I got this linky today: http://www.superhappypets.com/article_cat_purr.html

Last edited by zodiac66; 09-11-2009 at 20:59.

Zodiac, that's a cool article, but that cat on the top of the page and he has hands stroking the sides of his face look like that person is about to rip his head off or something. O.o i know they're petting it, but still... i had to look at it for a while. XD

interesting article. now i want to find a nice kitty to pet! XD

edit: and then go wash my hands! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by zodiac66 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but is that a salt or fresh water aquarium? Those shrimps are kind of cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOgreMan View Post
    He would be the best to answer since it is his aquarium, but all of those look to be freshwater to me. Swordtails I know are freshies and the rocks seen with the snails are definitely for freshwater.

Salt tanks are gorgeous, but expensive, to set up. When I get settled into a more permanent place of residence I'll set one up again.
    Yes, freshwater indeed. And for the above mentioned reason too. I agree salt water fish are much more varied and...well...good looking. So when I can afford it, I'll make sure to get myself one. I really want sea horses, they're just SO cool!
    And yup, the shrimp are nice. Unfortunately, they are a bit shy right now, but I hope they'll be more comfy later on

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    Oh, I do! You've read my novel-length posts on the subject so you know I have a borderline obsession with fishkeeping.

But I tend to think of fish not as "pets" per se but rather as "ornaments" (albeit very delicate and living ones), as one doesn't really have any meaningful social interaction with fish - unlike a cat or dog.
    That's not true! I talk to my fish (but they swim away)
    I know, I know, you're a bit fishy too, just like me. I'd better start updating with fishpics too!

i love fish! im a Pisces (i believe in astrology. *prepares for superstition bashing* <--hehe!) and i am a water person (love the water. beaches, lakes, ponds, fish, mermaids, sea horses (cute!!), sea shells, etc.) and fishes make me happy and peaceful. they just swim around, chillin' out, ya know, doing their thing. they tend to be pretty and shiny as well.

have you guys ever heard of algae eaters? they're little fish things that eat algae. well, apparently, they eat fish food too. i did not know this until i accidentally killed the family algae eater and he died after long while. he had gotten pretty big. i felt really bad. chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    have you guys ever heard of algae eaters? they're little fish things that eat algae. well, apparently, they eat fish food too. i did not know this until i accidentally killed the family algae eater and he died after long while. he had gotten pretty big. i felt really bad. chuckle.
    As a matter of fact, I was trying to talk Lorv into adding a Pleco to his community tank a couple weeks ago but I guess when I said "looks like something out of a Lovecraftian nightmare," I might have ruined it.

They're awesome fish... except when they get spooked. When that happens, they can make quite a mess!

I also tried to sell him on the awesomeness that is the Kuhli Loach - they're good for helping keep debris in the gravel from becoming impacted.

This whole thread is going to be completely screwed if I get encouraged to talk about fish though so I'd suggest going back to lizards and cats or you'll never shut me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    i love fish! im a Pisces (i believe in astrology. *prepares for superstition bashing* <--hehe!) and i am a water person (love the water. beaches, lakes, ponds, fish, mermaids, sea horses (cute!!), sea shells, etc.) and fishes make me happy and peaceful. they just swim around, chillin' out, ya know, doing their thing. they tend to be pretty and shiny as well.
    Hehe, I don't believe in astrology, but it creeps me out how I'm a Scorpio to the letter!

I don't really have anything else to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    As a matter of fact, I was trying to talk Lorv into adding a Pleco to his community tank a couple weeks ago but I guess when I said "looks like something out of a Lovecraftian nightmare," I might have ruined it.

They're awesome fish... except when they get spooked. When that happens, they can make quite a mess!

I also tried to sell him on the awesomeness that is the Kuhli Loach - they're good for helping keep debris in the gravel from becoming impacted.

This whole thread is going to be completely screwed if I get encouraged to talk about fish though so I'd suggest going back to lizards and cats or you'll never shut me up.
    hahaha! awesome! we should have a convo about fish one day - or night. whichever.

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Hehe, I don't believe in astrology, but it creeps me out how I'm a Scorpio to the letter!

I don't really have anything else to add.
    i am a Pisces to the "T" as well. kinda scary... haha.

was watching Tyra Banks show today and for the last fifteen minutes of her gross show today (tapeworm diets. nuff said) she had these guys and i was geeking out BIG time!!! txted Mara saying, "I WANT ONE OF THESE!!!!!!" they are so freaking precious!!!!! ^_^ so im torn b/w a pug and a teacup piggy. ^_^ they are both equally cute and they can sit in my lap and i will pet them forever! ^_^ lol! seriously, i wouldn't mind having a teacup pig. ^_^