Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: A Guide to Classic (1.06b)

Quote Originally Posted by Username is not in use View Post
    can u reup the affix document please? kurkerloungelink is broken
    You can still access the lurkerlounge links by changing links like this...
    Code:
    http://www.lurkerlounge.com/content/view/811/121/
    ...into this:
    Code:
    http://www.lurkerlounge.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=811
    The modified link will download/open a pdf of the guide. However all links and formatting are broken. I stumbled upon this method by accident, maybe there's a more elegant way.
    The affix guide was apparently a downloadable .xls, so it can't be accessed by this method. Maybe Ragnarod still has it somewhere, if he ever stops by again.

While I'm here: Thank you for the excellent guide, Ragnarod! I played two chars through the game, a tweaker sorc last year and a Hammerdin very recently (both untwinked and without self-mp). Great fun.

To contribute something, here is the fcr table for a sorceress:
    Code:
    Points*  frames per cast
    0        13
    1        12
    2        11
    3/4      10
    5         9
    6/7       8
    8/9       7

*count "fast cast" as 1 point and "fastest cast" as 2 points
    This is taken from a lurkerlounge guide and, from my observations, seems to be correct.

IncGamers Member Username is not in use's Avatar

i got a little workaround for my problem, i visited the site through a waybackmachinesite and but then u cant download the file because of a robottxt denieing it, but only if u visit it from the waybacksite.

so i cutted the nescassary lurkerlink and here is it:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/images/s...fix-suffix.xls

and here in code:

Code:
    http://www.lurkerlounge.com/images/stories/diablo2/information/prefix-suffix.xls
    pls update OP pls

Thanks to both of you! It was a while since I visited, but I got an alert for replies in this thread to keep an eye on it, I wouldn't have noticed the lurkerlounge links being broken if it weren't for you

I've replaced the link to the affix document, and to the different lurker lounge guides (by linking to the wayback machine saved versions of them, so as to keep the formatting and make them easier to read), that should do but please let me know if I forgot to replace anything. It's not much, but I'm adding you to the acknowledgements section as a token of appreciation, I'm glad my guide was of help in giving 1.06 a try

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saluki View Post
    I am playing version 1.06b and the barbarian whirlwind is not hitting properly. If there are two or three monsters on the screen it will hit each of them once but if I whirlwind through a mob it won't hit anyone. Has anyone experienced this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarod View Post
    Your game is perfectly fine, don't worry! I don't know the exact reason but this was always the case in all classic versions of the game, at least up to 1.06b. Not much you can do about it really, just try not to whirl through the mob, you can either break them up a bit and hit the ones that get stranded or whirl following the mob's outline (so to speak). That last one is easier if you're using a weapon with good range, such as a lance, since if you measure the distance well it'll let you hit them without them hitting you in return.
    When I finally reached level 30 the whirlwind was so bad that I was certain there was something wrong with my installation or character files. I even reinstalled and tried different computers.

Can some other people confirm that this is the way Whirlwind functioned in the early versions? Even though I didn't play barbarian much back then, I still don't remember it being this bad. I have heard it said that whirlwind was king before LoD. I do not see how this is so. In 1.06 there are situations when I can kill faster using the normal attack than with whirlwind, simply because I'm not wasting time and mana hitting nothing at all. The barb must have played very different back then. Were more points put into skills like bash and concentrate? If anyone can remember specifics on how the barb was played effectively, please share, because from what I have seen in 1.06 the barb is the least effective character because he does not have a decent attack that inflicts multiple enemies. All the other characters can cover area with damage much better.

I did 1.00 play through normal and nightmare, didnt notice WW having that quirk. Orb does for sure but, maybe not ww. Though i wasnt consciously looking at least. The video footage i captured doesnt seem to show it either, or i misunderstood. http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=782778 (most of the nightmare videos have ww-ing that seems to not bug out after intercepting enemy.)

Awaiting user confirming email address

I just wanted to post that here:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=781742 -- links for v1.06 character builds (among others, a simple necromancer build guide, and a somewhat more complicated one for the sorceress);

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=341175 -- a guide for the cow-level recipe and its relationship with the cow-king quest -- read from post #49 especially for v1.06-related information.

Additionally, always concerning v1.06, it is correct for it to be assumed that first-kill drop and ulterior-kills drops are alike, is not it? I am saying this because the OP of that thread is mentioning v1.10 in his there-outlined always-get-first-kill-drops strategy.

However, Ragnarod writes:

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarod View Post
    Act Bosses drop two items (nearly always magical) and one potion, besides an extra item (usually rare or unique) the first time you kill them.
    The question is, is helvete's post somewhat adapted to the patch of our interest (that is, v1.06)?

It seems so long ago I last planned to immerse myself in the Diablo II universe...

Last edited by contrasz; 23-09-2011 at 02:46.

for pre expansion guides and content Barons Bazaar on web archive has a ton of detailed info.. and im not sure about 1.06 but when i did 1.00 act bosses didnt drop that well(mostly blues), cow king farming was way more efficient. in 1.06 with the cow quest prolly need to multibox it but i bet its still better than boss runs. or maybe not.

Thanks for the link.

Concerning the cow level, one has on the one hand to have killed Diablo beforehand, and on the other for one to be able to open it, one has not to have killed the cow king, because once it is killed (and by extension the six stamina potions dropped) a "terminal" flag is added to the third quest of the first act;

furthermore, it seems the sole way for an act boss to be dropping well is by completing the quest; in other words, act bosses drop well only once, and there does not seem to be any workaround to that -- which is great. One should solo them if they are feeling like it, though.

(That was for v1.05b; I believe the same stands for v1.06b.)

IncGamers Member

This has got me wanting to try this again. I don't think I ever knew about the 85% ED Frost Burns!

Has anyone ever had a problem with their toons not being visible in-game on newer systems? Everything runs fine but I can only tell where my character is if I fire off a spell or something.