Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Awaiting user confirming email address

Re: A Guide to Classic (1.06b)

Everything runs fine here using VirtualBox v4.1.4 --
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=805105

One has to install basic guest additions and to use DirectDraw rendering, though.

IncGamers Member

Turns out that I had a bad file. Installed from my main disks instead of the back-ups and life was good.

Playing a 1.04 zon atm. Suuuperfast Jabz! I gambling for Brocs and praying for some mana leach from somewhere. No weapon switch?!? Forgot about that one...

How does energy shield and damage goes to mana work in this patch?

If a unique item canít spawn (because itís already in the game) youíll get a rare item with triple durability instead.
    I've traded some boots with scrcrw and gambled some that show that failed uniques have five times the normal durability. I confirmed this with RTB (that also pointed out that uniques also have five times the durability - which I have never noticed but it was there all along ^^).

I remember reading somewhere that the ilvl of the gambled item can also sometimes not respect the -5+4 thing. I'm not sure if I'm confusing this with 1.07/8 crafts/gambles.

This is definitely on my list of things to do. I can't seem to find that patch anywhere.
    Last edited by DoW Fanatic; 03-12-2012 at 04:02.

You need D2 Classic CDs, then patch to 1.06b using the file from Blizzard's FTP server (link is in the stickies; the mirror mentioned there does NOT work). Unfortunately, the downloadable D2 Classic installer from battle.net is patched to 1.12 already.

I followed the link to the FTP instead of the mirror and got the patch.

Egads! This is taking a lot of getting used to. I have a necromancer all the way to the Outer Cloister waypoint. I've already found three uniques (Rixot's Keen, Dimoak's hue and Tarnhelm) and a set (Death's Sash)item. The only thing bugging me now is the not being able to mule with ATMA. I'm not sure about the Trenshadow's method, or whether I want to put that much effort into it. It's been interesting so far though.

Edit: I grabbed the modified dll file from Phrozen Keep and set up a mule. I'm only planning to stay with a necro and will probably bring things he can't use forward to 1.07.
    Last edited by DoW Fanatic; 05-12-2012 at 15:22.

IncGamers Member

Sorry for the bump, but I recently found the old Lurker Lounge forum: http://www.network54.com/Forum/31101/

Lots of discussion about classic D2, from before release, up to April 2001. There are over 350 pages to sift through if you want to find anything, though, and no search function.

As for my classic escapades, I just Baroned my barb (lvl 50) and sorc (lvl 53) in 1.03. Next up is my smite/hammer pally who is stuck at Duriel in act 2 hell, at lvl 39.

IncGamers Member Username is not in use's Avatar

Thank you Ragnarod for mentioning me

This thread has so much good info, nostalgia floods through my veines