Here's the deal: I can easily see the Monk make some kind of instant step to "teleport" a few meters; but the Witch Doctor would need something original. Let's bounce off ideas!
I've got a few:
- the WD invokes a giant frog and climbs on its back, then it hops above whatever obstacle/ennemies
- same thing with a giant flying mosquito/grasshopper (although the WD would grab its legs, not climb on its back)
- the WD has some kind or rodent/mole/scarab open a tunnel for him => that one might not be acceptable because it wouldn't work with certain obstacles like fallen bridges, abysses, etc.
- the WD could himself jump like a frog, but that's too similar to the Barb's leap and not completely in line with the character's feel (except maybe if he took some kind of homemade drug to do it, but then we'd have trouble with a certain government who thinks WoW teaches children how to make bio-weapons :P)
- something with wings made out of leaves, I don't have a clear idea on that one yet
I for one hope they don't make a "travel" skill for each class. If every class has a travel skill they might as well give the travel skill to all classes for free, because if they don't fix the D2 boss run syndrome everyone is going to have this travel skill just so they can keep up.
PS if they were going to add one I vote for Chezzmasters Spirit Walking.
Spirit walking: traverse any terrian at increased speed for a few seconds, take decreased physical damage/increased spell damage.
A travel and defensive skill in one.
Spirit walk is a skill that was in blizzcon 09 skill tree. Spirit Walk
Taking more spell damage ain't that great idea imo. What if you need to run away from spellcasters? Increased speed would already handle melee mobs pretty fastly.
Tho the description in the Blizzcon 09 version dosen't say anything about increased speed and it's really iffy about going past walls and other impassable terrain. ATM how it looks it's a bit slower than the leap or teleport but it lasts for a longer time eaven if it gets +1 seconds per skill level. If it would be static 3 secs every skill level think about how cool it would be if you could get it to level 15 and pass trough walls and ledges. :>
I thought of a skill just like Spirit Walk but named it Spirit Transpire instead. I posted it in the Witch Doctor forums just a few days before Flux posted up the Spirit skills from Blizzcon 09. I called that one!
Anyway, for the Monk, a double jump; the first being vertical and the second a horizontal. More skills increase length of horizontal jump/speed.