Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

OMG/WTF?! Re: post your best legit finds

Why does everyone has to make the mistake with magic swords: Dreamflange has ten more magic points to offer one. Sigh, people -- !!! I have said that like three times last month. (Exhausted.)

IncGamers Member

Re: post your best legit finds

Twipley I'm so sorry that I don't know the stats of every unique item off the top of my head and that I didn't notice the recommendation from your earlier post.

I shall keep an eye out for dreamflange, but I don't like my chances - in probably thousands of hours of play time, I've only found it once. :/

Once I can read my books up to 212, I can dump my magical boosting items, or mule them to another account perhaps.

Dave

IncGamers Member

Well, that's okay. I wouldn't think of anybody knowing every unique stats either, nor reading every posts here. It just seems like I've been the only one of ever having discovered the "Dreamflange" secret, though. Could have been traded with the secret-cow-level secret, in retrospective.

Furthermore... have you really found that mace only once? I must have found in average five of thinking caps, dreamflanges, demonspike coats, royal circlets, and possibly up (if not more than) fifteen unique bows, only counting windforce and eaglehorn.

I also have found three constricting rings in a fifteen-minutes period, and almost nine of them in a few hours of playing time. Back when I did play a lot. But, prefixed zodiac items, forget it -- I have, over the top of my head, about 275 AC for my rogue, but you would laugh at the crappiness of her jewels. It is interesting to me to know that those might not be as rare as I had been thinking -- which gives me hope in one day finding better jewels, if ever I get back to playing video games (which is getting rarer and rarer, and the choices thighter and thighter, when one grows up, it seems -- at least, over here).

I really should be getting some sleep now, though.

IncGamers Member

And yeah, if you are looking for it, then forget it -- you will be damned in damn-near never finding it. This game really is diabolical on those matters. If it senses you are looking for it, then you are out. Or at least out of your well-needed sleep and sanity of mind for a while. To be locked up in one's room -- if that ever is to be an interesting experience...

IncGamers Member

Thanks! It's been so long since I've seen a dreamflange that I simply could not remember its stats and it didn't occur to this old fart to go google it ;-)

Yup, found it only once. I mean with the amount of hours that I've played Diablo, I should have technically found more than one obsidian ring of the zodiac too, but alas...I've found a few thinking caps (not too many, seems to be hard to find for me as well), quite a few demonspike coats (in fact, 1 the same night that I found the obsidian ring of the zodiac lol). royal circlet is another one that I found very hard to find - I've found 2 or 3 of them that's it. And haven't found one of them in a VERY long time. There isn't much I haven't found to be honest. Years ago I'd export all my item finds via a trainer to a floppy disc etc and had quite a few ;-)

Speaking of constricting rings, haven't found one of those in a while either. I have found 3 ring of engagements in the past week though *sigh*. From memory, I don't believe I've ever found a Ring of Regha either. Weird isn't it how some items are just never found by an individual, but others find lots of them! I do think Diablo favours certain items depending on what character you are playing, but that doesn't T up with what Jarulf's guide says. mmm....

Dave

edit: I played on Diablo retail AUS-1 from '97 for a few years...player named "mrtheoden" - lvl 46 warrior, but I had high level rogues and mages too...was a member of the CC-clan for a good while before starting up my own clan with a bunch of other Aussies and a few others.

IncGamers Member

I notice that doing new character games... you get more of the Norm Difficulty Butcher and/or Leoric good uniques often... when using my higher level characters... I've been having a huge dry spell...

I believe for thinking caps and civerbs cudgel, you want to do Norm Difficulty Butcher and/or Leoric runs

For Constricting Ring, you want to do Norm Difficulty Butcher runs

for Royal Circlet, I believe Norm Difficulty Laz is best, but Laz+2/3 unique monsters has such a big selection... usually you get junk from them... sighs...

---------------

I don't think I've yet seen a Dream Flange or Naj Plate yet, where should I run for these? Laz or elsewhere?

---------------------

and dpastern,

I don't think you need more resists in NM and Hell difficulties, I don't think D1 is like D2 where you got the resistance penalties in NM and Hell difficulties, so in other words, you're wasting mods (Prefix/Suffix) with all those resists...

all you need is 75, so 35+40, 36+39, or 37+38 resists is all you need of only using two items. Or, if you can't get that high resists for 2 items yet, then you'll need 3 items obviously.

Or, am I wrong?

IncGamers Member

Thanks HegemonKhan - will consider your advice and test it tonight. I've found royal circlet a few times, each time in the caves from memory. I had a Naj plate the other night, pity, I'd have set up a game on b.net for you, oh well. I'll keep an eye out. I should set up a mule character to lift some of my stuff up off this char and free up space I guess. Naj plate I've found mostly in normal/laz runs, but have seen in caves too several times.

You're probably right about resistances too lol. I guess I just like rings ;-) I might go test tonight and if good, sell the obsidian shield and use the awesome shield to boost my def AC and hit point stats. Thanks for reminding this old fart. I rarely play nm/hell diffs with my legit characters - I can manage nm/hell runs, but have to take it slow. hell/hell runs are beyond my character as it currently is imho. Even on my old char from many years ago, using hacked items (usual stuff), hell/hell was difficult, although I could do hell/hell runs solo, it took a while. Mages are the best for hell/hell imho - thinking cap, naj plate, arch angels staff of apocalypse (yes, it does exist, have found it several times, but usually with only 12 charges, and it costs a fortune to recharge). Apocalypse kills everything bar diablo, resistances mean jack **** with it. As long as the monsters don't crowd you, you're fine imho.

Anyways, off to play a bit of diablo before I install and play Skyrim (just got it today).

Dave

PS I put down a deposit on the boxed promo set for Diablo III today too *grins*

IncGamers Member

well, Hell Hell is more for ~ clvl 40+ (though this varies by character: Warrior takes clvl 45+ Rogue takes ~ clvl 40+, and Sorcerer ~clvl 30+ to be expert - ready for Hell Hell), with near godly gear, which you can get (clvl 40) most quickly by doing NM Hell runs, I think.

I'm playing MP but sololy (direct connect mp games playing by myself), so don't worry about giving me stuff, as I want to find it on my own - if I just take stuff, I might as well just use a trainer... and then if using a trainer... why even play in the first place... lol.

also, there's a really cool-good Muling program that I use anyways.

IncGamers Member

I was not aware one could handle Hell/Hell with a Naj's plate. One of my old mages could not go too far beyond catacombs most of the time, depending of the monster spawns, because of his low AC. But, again, at that time I was not aware of the importance of having great armors.

Concerning the awesome shield, dpastern, you might notice a significant difference equipping it. Royal Circlet, too, is good defense combined with overall-good bonuses.

For a mage, even on normal difficulty, I think it is more viable to leave the AA staff of A, together with the Naj's plate, behind. That is, unless you want to astonish your friends with level-20 spells -- which would be nice for a newbie to see. It must be kept in mind, though, that on their side they will not notice anything going faster than a level-1 bolt.

The reason level-18 spells are fine on normal difficulty is that fireball halts (I learned that through Jarulf's guide the past week) speed gain after level 17 or so. Meaning, if it kills (much) anything in one hit, then those two extra spell levels are of no common use.

Nice to see people still interested in this game.

IncGamers Member

Yeah, you can tank mage, been there, done that, but it's sorta not in the spirit of the character imho. Apocalypse pretty much kills anything in one go before it gets near you. As long as you're quick to use the spell, voila. TP out of the way if need be.

Godly gear....pretty much doesn't exist like most people want. You'll NEVER find a godly plate (full plate). Best that you'll find that combo on is breast plate (max AC 23 or so). Same with the helm (best you'll probably see is AC12, and that's a perfect item generation). I'm yet to see a legit godly shield + hit point. Far better to go for an awesome shield + lion (I'd have to look it up to be 100% sure, but I'm reasonably sure that this combination is doable, if not, it might go up to Tiger, which offers around 45 hit points), but it's *very* rare.

In some ways, I do prefer D2's armour - where you had gloves and boots and braces, giving you some more variability. But D2 was just too large imho, and too boring. It lost the spirit of the game imho.

Dave