Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Skill Tree Graphics Assistance

Calling all artists and programmers. We'd like to post images of and interactive, browser-based versions of the skill trees for all of the characters as seen at BlizzCon 2009. Want to help out?

Here's a recreation of the Barb tree, as seen at Blizzcon. This is accurate for the info, dependencies, etc. But I left off the bells and whistles, and it's obviously fairly butt ugly, since I'm no graphic designer. I used this image, and a lot of cut and paste, blur, and duplicated type levels to create the updated version.

We want to make these for all the characters. I have all the info on skill locations, which skills can have runes socketed, dependencies, color tinting for each section of the tree, etc. I can make the Wiz and WD also, but they just take me a while to make, and they'll be no prettier than this one. Which is why I'm making this post, in case someone who can actually do this sort of thing wants to leap on it.

We'd also like to host some interactive versions, with clickable or at least hoverable buttons. If you are a programmer and that sounds like something you'd be interesting in doing, contact Flux or post in this thread.

--Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

IncGamers Member

Re: Skill Tree Graphics Assistance

There you go. I got laisy so i didn't add the text on the skills
    I really like your website and the news i get on it, so here is my contribution.
    Hope you'll enjoy it

ps: sorry my english is not that good

If you need a change, or anything else you can ask me on msn : nuages91@hotmail.com (only the admins plz)

IncGamers Member

I didn't get the feeling it had to be an exact replica of the Blizz one..?Personally I think it would be best to make it similar, but make a new one from scratch; mostly because that resolution is just sad.
    I will look into this later.

Peace out

here's a smaller one if you need it. if nobody can add the rollover tooltips, i can do it later.

Last edited by acjohnso; 31-08-2009 at 16:28. Reason: update

Here is my first try to create the barbarian skill tree.
    Next i will add the text over cells with the skills.

If you happy with the layout let me know and i will continue working on this.

EDIT:
    Now here it is with text over the cells:

Last edited by VioletJoker; 31-08-2009 at 16:13.

IncGamers Member

Cool. Now I can make my builds and when Blizzard releases D3 everyone will use my cookie cutter build. =)

it annoys me you guys crank out polished looking ones in probably half the time I spent on the original Fluxenstein's monster version. And yet, they're pretty and useful, so how can I complain? *cough*

I went back and looked more closely at the images we have, so here are some clarifications to improve/add in.

There's one large background image across all 3 trees, faded well into the background and desaturated. (Much less visible than the barbarian image in the most recent official skill tree shot.) This is the WD one.

Each third is tinted a different hue. The barb ones were the same as seen in the official shot. The other chars were thematic; for instance, the WD had swampy green for zombie, light blue/gray for Spirit, and dark orange for Voodoo.

There is a dividing border between each tree, much as VJ put in, but the edges are tinted to the color of that tree's background hue.

The numbers are in 2 columns down the side; not in the main window. Sort of how VioletJoker did them above. But there are little teeth pointing into the trees from those columns, like needles on a speedometer. Larger squares for each 5, 10, 15, etc, and little pointy ones for the 6, 7, 8, 9 numbers in between. (the only #s shown are the multiples of 5)

This doesn't really fit into the image, but there's a red line all the way across the tree between the 5, 10, 15, 20, whichever, showing the next tier of skills. So a level 12 char sees that line between the 15s, showing that they can not yet use the skills below that tier. Below the red line everything (background and skills) the skills are darkened/decolored.

--Flux

IncGamers Member

Hope this helps or inspires someone.

IncGamers Member

oh mai, are there more?

heh, well that's easier than me trying to describe it, without violating the press room rules by posting any images. someone else posted the image! I am powerless to stop the dissemination of visual clues!

--Flux