Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Respecs in 1.13 (blue post)

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...21662&sid=3000

[BLUE="http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=19110021662&sid=300"]Skill tree re-specialization is currently a planned feature for the Diablo II 1.13 patch, yes.

[ed] The patch sticky thread in this forum has been updated with the latest information on the patch development. [/BLUE]

Many are happy for this, I am not really too keen on it as the absence of respecs is what kept me playing this long instead of just making a level 90 char of each class. Currently I have probably created more than 100 chars... Hope they do it the right way at least.

Banned

Re: Respecs in 1.13 (blue post)

Hmm, interesting. I would say initially that it is a crap move to make. But as you say, there could be a few ways where it would have been implemented right.

I think it's a brilliant idea with regards to my PVM hardcore self. Means i can climb the ladder with the same character without getting bored because i can switch around his/her skillset.

IncGamers Member

I dont see how it will make that big a difference...its not like it sounds like you can change your skills on the fly just by going to town and talking to an NPC or something.

Sounds like there's going to be something like a quest respec (a la Larzuk sockets), and then a repeatable respec, maybe from a Cube recipe or something involving hard-to-get components.

Regardless, the way it is now, you can "respec" with limited effort by getting a new char rushed up, and there's even 3 paths you can choose: Baal runs, grush to CS, or uber leveling. Its not like there's any dearth of rushing available, so its not like having a respec option is going to suddenly change the dynamics of the game.

If anything, it'll just be a way to level up new chars without having to rely on the crutch of rushing.

Don't like it, I enjoy having every character specialize in his own build.

perhaps there will be some huge anti-rush thing implemented in the patch. Maybe that's why they allow respeccing. It would remove most of the baalrun/chaos sact run games out there if implemented correctly...

IncGamers Member

Wow. I'm glad this community is not as the battle.net forum community; the comments in the 1.13 sticky thread just made me sad..

Banned

who would have thought that blizzard will announce a reset/patch and do nothing for 4 months, the time wasted is really good enough for at least one more ladder

See last ladder reset.

This might be a nice feature - we just need to find out how they are going to implement it.

It might also be a hint that they would be changing the experience system which would be nice - no more baalruns ad nauseam.

Also, it would perhaps render baalbots somewhat useless which might be another reason for them.

Another thing (along with increased stash size) is that it would most likely reduce their server's workload IMO. Less mules, less new characters.